PDA

View Full Version : Carrots

wolf_Q
02-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Does anyone give their dog carrots? I thought they were good for dogs, so I hope they are, lol. Yesterday I was rather bored........so I grabbed this huge carrot, peeled and washed it, then just handed it to Nebo. He took it to his bed and sat there and ate the entire thing...slowly...he loved it. :D

Smokey and Reggie would never do that!

Presley
02-18-2003, 10:21 AM
Carrots are great for dogs... they clean their teeth too!! :)

anywho.. i'm going to be late for the vets if i don't get a move on...

Presley loves them too.. She even tries to take them from the horses lol

Rachel
02-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Both Tucker and Hannah love carrots. Whenever I make a salad, I have to make them both go to the cage (which is in the kitchen), otherwise they are at my feet begging for carrots. I do give them each a little baby carrot, but at the cage not at my feet. Our kitchen is fairly small and otherwise I'd be tripping over them.

lovemyshiba
02-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Abbey will eat them, no matter what. Kito, on the other hand, has to have them cooked:rolleyes:
My dad tried to give him a baby carrot, and he spit it out, but the other night I was eating a pot pie, and I took out the carrots because I don't like them--I tried to give him one to see what he would do, he was in my lap for more!!!

tomkatzid
02-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Ashlee and Nina like them too. Nina will eat anything Ashlee will, but not before her. She lets sister try it out first.:D

Dixieland Dancer
02-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Both Dixie and Dusty eat carrots. I buy the baby shortcut carrots already peeled and cut into nice sizes and just toss them to the dogs as I watch TV sometimes. It goes one for me, one for Dixie, one for me, one for Dusty! :rolleyes:

Carrots actually help sweeten a dogs breath! :D Now don't everyone go making a stampede for the store to buy carrots!!! ;)

CountryWolf07
02-18-2003, 05:41 PM
My first dog, Benny.. he used to LOVE, I mean, LOVE carrots! :) Anna and Rosie likes carrots too, as well.. I give them the baby-sized carrots..

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 05:45 PM
did u say they clean their teeth?
:eek: whoa.... i better try that then!
jordans teeth look like ewww:rolleyes:

Pam
02-18-2003, 07:22 PM
I buy the baby sized carrots too and Bella has been eating them since she was a puppy. I often use them in place of a doggie biscuit treat. I have offered them to Ripley but so far he just plays with them on the floor and Bella usually winds up finishing them off. They both eat apple and banana slices every day though, and in the beginning Ripley wasn't too sure about them but now he loves them and gets just as excited as Bella when he sees me cutting them up. I am sure in a little while he will develop a taste for carrots. ;)

Byakko's Mom
02-18-2003, 09:48 PM
My babies love carrots.They love bananas too.Two of them like apples.Of course my daughters Leonberger puppy was raised on a raw food diet from the breeder before we got her and we use wellness which is dry food human grade but has all that in it.The other puppies as rescues got whatever before we got them but they seem to like the fruits and vegs.which are good for them.

wolfsoul
02-18-2003, 09:52 PM
all my dogs love carrots but timber doesnt...shes really picky lol

Kfamr
02-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Honey looooooooooooooooooooooves carrots! So do i, i like to grab a bag of baby carrots and eat them with Honey when she comes over.... Simba wouldn't touch a carrot!