PDA

View Full Version : this cant be.... so close to the RB

Jessica12345
02-17-2003, 05:16 PM
:( :( :( :(
today i went upstairs to check on my hamster, Panzy, and she was shaking all over. she could barely walk... and kept falling over. i picked her up and she didnt do anything... but kept shaking. i was so scared! i put her back down as she tried to walk toward her food bowl. her little mouth reached out and tried to grab a piece of food, but she couldnt make it and fell over on her back. at that moment i thought it was the end and she was gone, but she scrambled back over. i watched her for a few more minutes... but i couldnt take it and ran downstairs.

So far she is still alive... but suffering terribly.

In the morning, if she is not gone to the RB... i might take her to the vet to be put down. i cant stand to watch her suffer. She is 2 and a half years old... and i know its her time. if u think i might do the wrong thing by putting her down... PLEASE tell me. i love my hamster!

:( :( :( :( :( :(

~ Jess ~

Aspen and Misty
02-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Jessica12345
[B if u think i might do the wrong thing by putting her down... PLEASE tell me. i love my hamster!
[/B]

I think you are doing the wrong thing by not puttign her down today. She is suffering and needs to end her life. I know this is hard but please think about her, she is in pain and really could use your help. You said you loved her, you said your goodbyes now pleae show her how much you love her and put her to sleep, its really the best thing for her.

I'm so sorry about your hamster. And I hope you do the right thing and call the vets tonight

Ash

primabella
02-17-2003, 05:29 PM
i agree with ashley. there is no sign she will get better. i hope you make your decision and help your poor hamster. she will be pain-free and happy. i know it is hard but do what is best for her. good luck and i am so very sorry :(

Jessica12345
02-17-2003, 05:32 PM
:( :( :( :( :(
im going to the vets now
:( :( :( :( :(

catland
02-17-2003, 06:07 PM
You are very brave and have done the right thing. I'm so sorry because it always hurts so much when we lose one of our little friends.

Farewell Pansy, with the knowledge that you were loved and will be missed.

Jess - I'm so sorry for what you are going through.:(

Nomilynn
02-17-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

Jessica12345
02-17-2003, 06:30 PM
i did it:(
i just got back from the vets and we put her down.:( :( :( :( :(
i cant stop crying! everyone keeps saying "its just a hamster"

primabella
02-17-2003, 06:47 PM
your hamster is happy now and i'm sure she appreciates it because you put her out of pain. you did the right thing and you have every right to feel he way you do. don't listen to what anyone says. she wasn't "a hamster" she was "your hamster" and a very good friend. i am very sorry for your loss :(

RockyRoad
02-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Jessica, I am so very sorry to hear about your hamster. May she rest in peace running around and munching on seeds at the RB. Whoever says "It's just a hamster" is completely ignorant and rude. She was a part of you, and whoever says that kind of thing obviously does not understand what death does to a person. I am very glad you did the right thing and put her down though. I bet Panzy will be eternally grateful for you ending her pain.

jenluckenbach
02-17-2003, 07:26 PM
You did a brave thing. And a hard thing. And she was much more than just a hamster. You'll probably never believe how long I cried over the loss of my dear Jerry Springer, and he was "just a mouse" (and I am 40 years old). So size of pet nor age makes the loss any easier, but soon you will be able to remember her with only fond memories, and the pain will ease.
RIP Panzy

Aspen and Misty
02-17-2003, 07:35 PM
O I am so proud of you ::hugs::! And Seh wasn't just a hamster she was YOUR hamster and you loved her and I know she knows that. You were very brave adn did the right thing ::hugs::

Ash

TheAntiPam
02-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Goodbye little Panzy - thank you for being such a good hamster friend to Jess.

And Jess, thank you for the love and care you gave Pansy right up to the very hardest part at the end. Loving hurts sometimes, but the good memories last the longest!

lovemyshiba
02-17-2003, 09:45 PM
She is not JUST A HAMSTER:(
You are very brave to have her taken to be put down, I'm sure it was very hard.
May she rest in peace, and have fun at the RB

COCatMama
02-17-2003, 09:57 PM
poor hammy and poor you :( don't beat yourself up for not putting her down quickly. *HUGS* she's running on the big hamster wheel in the sky :) Goodbye little cute Hammy!!!!

lynnestankard
02-18-2003, 05:41 AM
Jess {{{Hugs}}} - how brave of you - she is not 'just a hamster' she was your very special loved friend. Don't be ashamed to shed your tears - you have to grieve. Just remember all the lovely times you spent with her.
RIP dear Panzy

Lynne

02-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
You did a brave thing. And a hard thing. And she was much more than just a hamster. So size of pet nor age makes the loss any easier, but soon you will be able to remember her with only fond memories, and the pain will ease.
RIP Panzy

Thanks in the name of our little hamster ! i am admiring your courage !!!

Logan
02-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Bless your heart, Jess. :( I am so very sorry about your Pansy. And you did the brave thing, ending her suffering. I had to make the same decision in December with our Olivia. My only regret was not doing it sooner. :( You know that people here understand your attachment to her. And we completely understand the hurt that comes when others don't understand.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Pansy.

Logan

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 08:42 AM
thanks everyone, for your kind words. :( :( :( :(

ramanth
02-18-2003, 09:12 AM
How very brave of you. *hugs*

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Cataholic
02-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Jess,
Little sweetie pie, I am so sorry for your loss. You grew up alot today by taking on the responsibility of 'being there' for those you love. You did the right thing, the hardest thing, and the most loving thing you could do. Little Hammie Ham is up there now, breathing fine, no more shakes, enjoying her life everafter! Be good to yourself.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2003, 11:36 AM
You did a kind and loving thing by stoping Pansy's suffering. Don't ever accept that she was 'just a hamster'. She was someone you loved and who loved you back. People who say "It's just a hamster (or other animal)", are "just an idiot"!

Pansy, you will probably meet my hammie Calhoon at the RB. I hope you have fun playing together. Be at peace sweet one.