PDA

View Full Version : I need scanner help, please...

Cataholic
02-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Well, my scanner seems to be broken. It is new, and I have only used it three or so times. I went to scan something tonight, and Nada, Zip, nothing. The cords are all plugged in correctly, and I had them plugged in prior to starting my computer. The light that means "ON" is lit up green, which is normal. But, when I push the 'scan' button- nothing happens. Usually it would beep back at me, then my software opens up. I tried to scan with the program open, utilizing the onscreen 'scan' button, too, and nothing...anyone have any thoughts???

thanks,
Johanna

Cookiebaker
02-16-2003, 05:23 PM
I asked my hubby, the computer guru in this house, and he suggested two things...rebooting the computer, and re-installing the software.

Hope that helps, and hope it will work again for you!

Anna :D

tatsxxx11
02-16-2003, 05:27 PM
My only thought was to try scanning on line from the software...you did that!:( My scanner can be a real pain too. Sometimes rebooting HAS helped. Hope you get it worked out soon!

Cataholic
02-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Ugh...I will try those things...thanks! WHY must my life be so difficult? Why?

slleipnir
02-16-2003, 05:42 PM
My scanner use to do that, maybe it still does, but I had to open the software and hit 'start new scan' in that instead of hitting the button on the scanner..try that :]

COCatMama
02-16-2003, 05:46 PM
go to the website of the manufacturer and look up the FAQ or tech support stuff and maybe they will have a software patch or something to fix the 'bug'.

mugsy
02-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Or you could call Mike tomorrow after 10:30 or so and see if he can help you....only if you didn't get it fixed....unless you want to harass him a little bit.

All Creatures Great And Small
02-17-2003, 09:40 AM
I have a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5300, and it is a piece of junk!! It does just what yours does; even though it's plugged in and connected, whenever I go to use the software I get an error message that it "can't find my scanner", so I have to reach around and unplug/replug the cords. Then, when I do the first scan, it doesn't detect anything and I have to scan everything twice. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the scanner and software countless times over the past 2 years, downloaded updated drivers, etc., and no improvement. It's the only thing on this PC that I haven't upgraded since I got it - :p - probably since I don't have to use the scanner too often so I just put up with it. I also disabled the scanner buttons, since I kept hitting them accidentally :rolleyes: and printing out totally black pieces of paper that sucked up an entire print cartridge........:mad: