PDA

View Full Version : help!

primabella
02-16-2003, 05:01 PM
okay, my dad is easying up on the idea of a digital camera. i really need one, especially if you have seen my new mickey pics in dog general. ;) anyways, can everyone over here please help me out. can you tell me the brand of your digital camera and the price you paid for it. also, some features or little things liek that. (for example, my cousins camera can delete the pics before putting them on the computer. maybe this is with all digital cameras, i don't know :p) so please help. thanks ! ;D

neko1
02-16-2003, 05:08 PM
I have a Sony Cybershot 2.0 Megapixels. It's $280 and was voted best digicam under $300. And it is!!! You see every shot right after you take it and you can delete the pictures you don't want right then and there. There's a red eye remover, flash, and automatic timer. You can also change the picture effect to either black and white, sepia, negative or solarize (in addition to the regular color.) You can also make movies on it!! There's also some other stuff on it that I don't use cause it's geared towards people who actually know about shutter speeds and such. But I love my digicam and will never go back to regular again!!

primabella
02-16-2003, 05:15 PM
wow! :eek: i'll be keeping that one in mind. of course, it will cost more over here :rolleyes: but its still worth looking into. thanks! :) anyone else?

Cataholic
02-16-2003, 05:16 PM
What a great idea! I want one, too (maybe my dad will buy me one- NOT). So, I will be paying attention, too.

aly
02-16-2003, 05:18 PM
There have been several threads in the past in General and also Dog General about digital cameras. You'll find a lot of useful information if you do a search for those. Good luck :)

primabella
02-16-2003, 05:33 PM
oh seriously? didn't know..thanks! :)

COCatMama
02-16-2003, 05:34 PM
my ex has a cheapy kodak digicam and i really liked it. it was around 200 bucks.

anna_66
02-16-2003, 05:42 PM
I have a Olymups D-510 2.1 megapixel. I gave $299 for it. It has quite a few extras.
Here is a picture of it & a little about it.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/img/cpg_images/product/huge691.jpg
2.1 Million Pixels in a sleek and ultra-compact body
Easy to use controls
Easy USB Connectivity (Macintosh® /Windows® )
3X Optical/9X Digital Zoom and Macro Mode
1.8" TFT color LCD monitor
Burst mode lets you capture images at a rate of approximately 2 frames per second
QuickTimeTM Movie Mode
White Balance and Macro modes
Wide battery compatibility: 2 CR-V3 Long Life Lithium Batteries or 4 AA Batteries
Here (http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product.asp?more_info_lobby=1&p=&bc=&product=691) is the website & more info about it.

COCatMama
02-16-2003, 05:59 PM
I've wanted a digicam for a looooonnnng time and now you guys made me want to run out and have a look see at some!

primabella
02-16-2003, 05:59 PM
thanks anna! i've been looking at the one neko was talking about. it looks like this right?
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/books/7d277/catalogs_1990846412.1044641652.jpg?bk_____Ds6uEx2C H

its got a lot of good features and sounds easy-to use. i'll save your pic and this one too and show them to my dad. ;)

popcornbird
02-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by neko1
I have a Sony Cybershot 2.0 Megapixels. It's $280 and was voted best digicam under $300. And it is!!! You see every shot right after you take it and you can delete the pictures you don't want right then and there. There's a red eye remover, flash, and automatic timer. You can also change the picture effect to either black and white, sepia, negative or solarize (in addition to the regular color.) You can also make movies on it!! There's also some other stuff on it that I don't use cause it's geared towards people who actually know about shutter speeds and such. But I love my digicam and will never go back to regular again!!

We have the same one! It was $280, but we got it on sale for $200! Its AWESOME! I wouldn't trade it for any other

boscibo
02-16-2003, 09:13 PM
I have 2 digital camera, the first is a Sony Mavica fd-91, it is outdated and they don't make it anymore, but I hang onto it because it has an incredible 14x zoom.

I currently have a Sony Cyvbershot DSC-S85 (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/S85.html) that I absolutely love, we paid full price for it when it first came out, but you can get them for $450 - $499 now. It is a four megapixel camera, if you plan on printing out photos you'll be glad to have the extra pixels.

If you don't plan on printing many out, and only using it for webpages and emails, a lower amount of pixels will be satisfactory.

Other things to consider:

Battery life (this is one big reason I like the Sony digital cameras - they use Infolithium batteries - while more expensive, I can do a whole day's shooting on one battery charge - some digital cameras eat through AA batteries in 10-20 pictures)

zoom: Digital zoom is worthless, you can do the same thing with photo software. Optical zoom is good, pay attention to this if you are taking pictures of things far away.

Chinadoll
02-16-2003, 09:37 PM
anna...that oly sounds great! I have an HP that I paid $260 for that doesn't have half those features. I really want another camera. That burst features sounds great. That's what I hate about the HP, it takes a few seconds to focus between every new pic.

primabella, the type of camera you want to get depends on what you want to use it for. If you just want a camera to take cute pics of your pets or of family to e-mail or for the web, you can easily find an adequate camera for $100 or under. Now if you want print quality, good zoom features, and are looking at making photography a hobby...you want a better quality camera with more megapixels and more optical zoom versus digital zoom...olympus and sony are great brands with nice features.

The Cat Factory
02-17-2003, 02:59 AM
I have a Kodak DC240 Zoom, but it's discontinued:)

http://kodak.com/global/images/en/service/products/ekn006568.jpg

neko1
02-17-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by primabella
thanks anna! i've been looking at the one neko was talking about. it looks like this right?
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/books/7d277/catalogs_1990846412.1044641652.jpg?bk_____Ds6uEx2C H

its got a lot of good features and sounds easy-to use. i'll save your pic and this one too and show them to my dad. ;)

Yep that's the one!!