PDA

View Full Version : Warning to Ferret owners! Very Important!

RogueFerret
02-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Anyone who has a ferret has seen the harness sets that they have for the ferrets. One kind is made up of a single piece of rope that has a metal bracket that allows the rope to make a loop that slips over the head and a clip at the end to go under the chest and clip onto the bracket. These are commonly known as the figure 8 type harness and lead. DO NOT PUT THESE ON YOUR FERRET! My little baby girl Rogue almost died last night because she managed to slip the loop around her neck over her shoulders and half-way down her belly. She was trying so hard to get the harness off, that she did not realize that at the same time, she was tightening the harness so tight, that it was squezzing her insides! By the time I realized what had happened, she was screaming in pain and thrashing around violently. We managed to cut the harness off with a small pair of sissors and took her immediatly to the vet. Luckily, there was no internal damage but she will be badly bruised and very sore for quite a while. Just remember to check all harnesses before you buy them to make sure this doesn't happen to your fuzz face!:(

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 07:39 PM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poor baby! I dont have any ferrits but i HAD one for my rabbit! omg!

ps. welcome to PT!

cocker_luva
04-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Poor ferret! Good, no GREAT thing she didn't die!