PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know one another

jenluckenbach
02-16-2003, 02:09 PM
I am finding it easier to remember all your pets than I am at remembering all of you. I'd like to start a place where we can "describe" ourselves.
ex)
I am Jennifer
married (8-20-83)
Charlie (husband)
no children

COCatMama
02-16-2003, 02:15 PM
I am Lalania
not married, one furkid
Canada
:)

ChrisH
02-16-2003, 02:28 PM
I am Christine
a widow
one skinkid, son Jeff, daughter-in-law Jayne, and two granchildren, Lianne aged 16 and Dannielle aged 7.:)
furkids Ebby the cat and Bob the dog!:)

Chris

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm Amy
Married 11-25-00 to Ralph (Sadie'sDad on PT)
No skin kids; but our furbabies are Sadie and Cincy and we also have 3 fishies

Pam
02-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Pam
Married with two grown children & one precious little grandson 17 months old
4 furkids

luckies4me
02-16-2003, 02:40 PM
I am Cass, aged 23
vet student
mother of one adorable baby boy named Dylan, aged 14 and a half months!:D
Hubbys name is Dan, aged 28

I live in Eugene Oregon but am from Southern California. Ihave two brothers (age 16 and 25) and one sister, who is 15. I also have an adorable nephew Ethan who is 2 and a half years!

I have five kitty cats, most related. Houdini, the momma kitty, Mystic from Houdinis first litter, Tin Tin and Cheetah from Houdinis second litter and Spanky- a domestic short haired orange tabby. Houndini, Cheetah, Mystic and Tin Tin are Bengal Cats.

I also have a huge goldfish who is pushing three years! A white spot gecko, a tortoise, a wild house mouse, a hedgehog, and TONS of rats including hairless, odd eye, rex, dumbo, tailless etc.

I also take care of wildlife and do exotic animal rescue so I have other critters as well.

I am 23 but STILL don't know how to drive, love to design web sites (you can see mine by clicking the www in my profile) and like to paint/draw animals, as well as photgraph pets. I guess that's enough about me...anything else? lol
:rolleyes:

Miss Meow
02-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Nicole
Just got engaged to Shane, no date for the big day just yet
32, but 33 on Easter Sunday (so you've got two months to save for presents AND choc eggs :D )
Four gorgeous cats
Three goldfish who are living at my parents house until we find a cat-safe place for them

Hey Luckies, I didn't get my licence until I was nearly 23. My dad offered to teach me but on the first lesson I took him around a roundabout on two wheels and that was my last lesson!

luckies4me
02-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Hey Luckies, I didn't get my licence until I was nearly 23. My dad offered to teach me but on the first lesson I took him around a roundabout on two wheels and that was my last lesson!

LMAO! I could just picture that right now! Are you planning on having kids Nicole?:p I keep asking Dan to teach me how to drive but he keeps putting it off lol. My younger siblings already drive, sheesh!:rolleyes:

COCatMama
02-16-2003, 03:03 PM
um, in a short couple of months I will be 29 years old, and worse I took driving school (at the cost of more than $600) I even bought an '85 chevette! I failed my road test miserably, so I've given up on driving for now.

neko1
02-16-2003, 03:07 PM
I'm Michelle
I'm 26 and am getting married on June 21st!!!!
I have 4 kitties and I work for a vet.
Oh yeah I also live in New Jersey

iceyshiver21
02-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Katie
15 years old
Children: 13 of them
5 dogs, 4 cats, 2 rabbits, a rat and a horse
not married :rolleyes: no boyfriend, but lots of boys who are friends
I LOVE reading, writing, and love training and playing with my furbabies.

Miss Meow
02-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me

LMAO! I could just picture that right now! Are you planning on having kids Nicole?:p

Funny you ask that! It was only on the weekend that we were talking about my 'advancing' age and lack of biological clock. Maybe I left the factory without having one fitted :rolleyes:

Cataholic
02-16-2003, 04:19 PM
I am Johanna
I am 37, not married, no skin kids.
I live in Cincinnati with my six cats.
I know how to drive a car, stick, at that.
I work for a law firm.

Felicia's Mom
02-16-2003, 04:21 PM
I am Nancy
age is 58
divorced
no skin kids
2 furbabies- Felicia and Beau

boscibo
02-16-2003, 04:23 PM
I have a lot in common with Johanna!

I am Patti
I am 37, not married, no skinkids
I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a horse
I can drive a stick too, but right now I drive an automatic mini-van.
I have a boyfriend, and I live with him, he is great. We've been together almost ten years.

primabella
02-16-2003, 04:29 PM
i'm liana, aged (hehe, funny word) 15
i go to high school and have 2 birds, 1 dog
we are 6 in the family, no husband for me yet ;)
i want to go into computer graphics in college and university
:)

Aspen and Misty
02-16-2003, 05:09 PM
My Name Is Ashley
In my house there is 1 dog Chewy, 1 cat Misty and 4 rats Melony Hope, Tundra Brook.
I live in Pa but can't wait to get somewhere worm. (20 nches of snow today and tomrrow)
I used to be a dog walker but I gave that up when one of my little dogs I walked had a seziur infront of me, that was pretty awful.
I go to Middle School at a private school

I think thats all.

Ash

Cataholic
02-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by boscibo
I have a lot in common with Johanna!

I am Patti
I am 37, not married, no skinkids
I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a horse
I can drive a stick too, but right now I drive an automatic mini-van.
I have a boyfriend, and I live with him, he is great. We've been together almost ten years.

Hey, maybe we are twins, separated at birth? When is your birthday? Mine is Dec 1.

Cookiebaker
02-16-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm Anna...I'm 26...
1 Dog, Malone...1 cat, Marigold...1 Cockatiel, Rilla...1 fish, Jimmy
I live in New Hampshire...I work in a small office (we sell & service office equipment like copiers & fax machines)...I am married to Mark for almost 6 years (May 31, 1997).

anna_66
02-16-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm Anna & I'm 37
Married to Mark for 16 years.
We have no skin kids, just 3 furkids, Angus, Roxey & Huney.
I'm a waitress.

Karen
02-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Karen
38 years old
Married to Paul, the other founder/moderator of this place ...
One brown bunny
Live in Newton, Massachusetts, where we plenty of snow on the ground and more to come ...
Work as an Art Director

Tanya&Fritz
02-16-2003, 06:01 PM
I am Tanya
I'm 36 years old
Married to Terry (July 24, 1998)
3 beautiful dogs
No skin kids
I live in Canada
I work at City Hall as an executive assistant to the General Manager
We're having our dream house build and will be moving next month
I love to cook, travel, read and play cards (euchre)

mugsy
02-16-2003, 06:10 PM
I am Molly, I'm married to Mike (Slave of 15 Dogs on here)and we got married July 3, 1999. I'm 41. I teach middle school Social Studies. Mike and I have 20 rescue dogs. I can drive, but am clueless on a stick. I currently drive a green mini van. Other than dogs, I enjoy history, genealogy, and studying environmental stuff (yep, I'm a tree hugger).

RockyRoad
02-16-2003, 06:27 PM
I am Britt(any)
I live on Long Island, NY
I am a student in 7th grade, and am 12 years old
I am not married and don't have a boyfriend at the moment.
Obviously no skin kids
My dream is to be a social studies teacher, perhaps even in the school I go to now (some of my teachers might become my co-workers!)
I have a dog, cat, bunny, and 4 Betta fish, along with 5 fish tanks full of all types of fish; 3 saltwater, 2 freshwater.
Besides animals I love to read, write(poerty or stories; if I'm in a bad mood, it brings out the poet in me), watching TV, going online, and a lot more but I don't feel like boring everyone. ;)
I will be getting a job at my mom's dentist office this summer, my first job ever. I will also be baby-sitting for my neighbors. :)

oodlesofpoodles
02-16-2003, 06:37 PM
hi i'm cissie not married 48yrs old office manager for a vet 1 skinkid that doesnt live at home 9 fur babies 4 horses 3 dogs and 2 cats i am the personal handler for a german shep pup that was beated and ears cut off and left to die when she was found by animal care and control the vet i work for is her personal vet and she was adopted by p.a.w.s (pets are worth support) an organization that is raising money for a new animal care and control center here in cols ga her name is noel and i named her. when she was brougth in to the clinic we wre trying to come up with a name and i sd do to the season noel it should be everyone agreed. this happened 1 wk before christmas. i am also long winded. sorry;) :rolleyes:

boscibo
02-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Hey, maybe we are twins, separated at birth? When is your birthday? Mine is Dec 1.

Mine is April 30. So that means I'm about this |___________| far from 38. :D

Karen
02-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Oh, I forgot to put the driving info.

I can drive a stick shift, we share a standard Corolla (1991, over 180,000 miles on it and still going strong) and we have a new automatic Honda CRV - 4-wheel drive, as we live on a steep hill, and our driveway is another steep incline up from street level.

LoudLou
02-16-2003, 06:45 PM
My name is Katie (a.k.a LOUD Louie's mom)
Husband named Kit
We both work in the Music Industry
NO CHILDREN
3 furry kids
1 Pembroke Corgi-- LOUD Louie
2 Siameezer kitties... Mocha Bean & Garbonzo Bean (a.k.a The Beans):D

Soledad
02-16-2003, 06:48 PM
24 years old
female
political researcher
married
hates driving, takes bus or lets husband drive
one cat in house, one dog with family in the States
hobbies: laughing, eating, travelling, reading, surfing the net

luckies4me
02-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Ok what is it now about driving?:rolleyes:

Ya I can't drive, so what! I don't have a need for it anyway......when I win the lotto maybe then that will give me a reason to buy a car.

mugsy
02-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Mike's birthday is April 30 too!!

NoahsMommy
02-16-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm Kelly
Married to my hubby, David (May 19, 2001)
Four furkids: Noah, Noel, Basil & Olivia
Student at night, working for insurance co. (leaving soon for a job I'll actually enjoy. :) )
No kids yet...waiting for a while. ;)

lovemyshiba
02-16-2003, 09:29 PM
I am Emily
Married to Chuck. last year--August 31, 2002
I am 26, he's 27
I am a waitress, he sells Hondas
We have an Accord and a CR-V (the crv is mine)--and I can drive stick!!
We live in an apartment in State College, PA (home of PSU), but are currently home shopping
No skinkids yet, waiting a little bit
2 furkids, a Shiba named Kito, and a beagle mix named Abbey, both 15 months old!!

Chinadoll
02-16-2003, 10:06 PM
I'm Tiffanie, but everyone calls me Tiff.
23, pratically engaged to Joey(cop/Marine). Together for 6 years on March 2. Told him I wouldn't say Yes until he has the right ring! :p
Born and raised in New Orleans, LA. Finishing up my last semester of college(wooohoooo!!) while working for an Insurance Agency(awesome place, I can work full time while I search for the perfect job, post-grad. The president of the company is awesome and has told me once I decide where I want to work, he'll make some phone calls!)
I live by myself with my furbabies and LOVE it. I got my first furbaby, Rory ferret, 2 years ago and have slowly expanded to having 5 wonderful ferts and 3 percocious kitties.

shais_mom
02-16-2003, 10:13 PM
I am Staci, 27 years old
no skin kids or significant other in the mix.
I have 2 nephews that I adore.
I enjoy reading, watching TV, spending time with my pets and family, talking with friends wether it be in person or via instant message. Nothing warms my heart better than being snuggled up in bed with Kylie and Keegan or on the couch with Kylie curled up beside me.
As far as driving goes, I live in a small po-dunk town, and if I didn't drive, I would be a hermit!!! :eek: I can drive a stick, but don't own one. I have a 2001 Olds Alero, that I love!

aly
02-16-2003, 10:36 PM
I'm Alyson, 24 yrs old, live in Austin, TX (getting ready to move AGAIN .. staying in Austin though)

As most of you know, I have 2 dogs, a cat, some fishies, and a foster dog who doesn't look like she's going anywhere anytime soon.

My life pretty much consists of working with animals and finishing school. I work at the Central Texas SPCA and volunteer at the Austin Humane Society, both no-kill shelters. I also do a lot of fostering, transports, temp testing, behavioral modification, etc etc. I have been doing internships with several trainers in my area.

My dream is to open my own shelter. I want it to be huge and concentrating on the comfort levels and stress reduction of the animals. I also want to have an obedience part of it where I offer classes to the public and also take shelter animals through. And I think a neat idea would be to have a therapy part where I can put the most well behaved animals and have under privilaged kids who can't have their own pets come interact with them.

zippy-kat
02-16-2003, 11:24 PM
HI! I am Tonya, 23 yrs old (today! 2/16), originally from the East but currently residing in Hobbs, NM. Not married, no boyfriend, no kids...it's just me and my kitty 'n bunny.

I hope to begin working on my MA in Tech writing this coming fall. Eventually, I want to obtain my MFA in Poetry...but that will be on down the road!!

I enjoy reading, surfin' the net, writing (mainly poetry tho some prose), drawing, and making greeting cards (making the paper, embossing, stamping, you name it)! And ofcourse I enjoy anything that has to do with animals!!! I was on the varsity equestrian team at NMSU(competed in both western and english shows) -- and I miss it DEARLY!!!!!!!!

I hope to one day operate a bunny rescue and, as bunnies and horses are very similar (digestive track/food wise), you can't have one without the other! lol Soooo maybe a handful of rescued horses as well!

As far as cars go... I have a '01 Nissan Sentra (automatic). I can't drive a standard to save my soul!!!!

Nomilynn
02-16-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm Naomi. I'm 22, and my bday is Sept. 29. I have three furkids, but no skin kids - and for now it's gonna stay that way! I have no interest in children until I have a career. I have a boyfriend, Nathan, that I've been with for five years. He's still in school and lives quite far away from me, so marriage is not in the cards just yet. Right now I'm not working, but I'm in university. I'll finally be done my English degree in April (whew! took long enough!). Then I want to find a mundane job and save up for a while before I go back to school and do something.. just not sure what yet.

And as far as driving goes - I drive a 1980 Chev. Monte Carlo. It's quite the boat, but I LOVE it (expect for it's gas guzzling). It's an automatic - standards really scare me (the rolling back part). Plus, I usually have a coffee or something with me.. I know it's bad but I never leave myself with enough time. I don't hold it and drive though - I take sips at stop lights/signs.

I also really enjoy chatting with friends online or in person :)

wolf_Q
02-16-2003, 11:48 PM
I'm Amy. I'm 18, will be 19 on June 7 this year....gemini. :D

I'm not married...have no kids...(duh)...I've never even had a boyfriend.....basically, I'm a loser. :D

I have 3 dogs. Reggie and Smokey are family dogs, Nebo is my dog. I love dogs! :) I had some fish and frogs at one point, but that was several years ago. I had some "pet" horned lizards and other lizards I caught...those are awesome...I only kept them for a day though, and let them go again. I'd love to get a kitty eventually!

I graduated high school in 2002. I didn't end up going to college, as I had no money. Not that I have any money now either. I work at Petco as a Bath and Brusher and make a crappy $6 an hour. It's fun though. :)

I'm hoping to go to college this coming fall. For now I'm just going for a general ed, hopefully eventually I'll major in art or I've even thought about a vet assistant.

I guess my hobbies are the Internet (lol), attempting to train my stubborn husky...hehe.....and drawing/painting animals. I run a website called Pet Portraits...it badly needs to be updated, but here's the url: http://www.geocities.com/wolf_Q I also *love* to photograph my pets, as well as wildlife/scenery. I enjoy camping, and the regular things like going to movies, shopping, etc. Of course I LOVE music too! :D

As for the driving....I got my license when I was 16....I drive a really crappy old (think its either 87 or 89) "old lady car" dark blue buick century. I have no clue how to drive a stick.

All Creatures Great And Small
02-17-2003, 02:18 AM
I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to put my real name on here! I guess I'm afraid of being cyber-stalked or something :D. Anyway, I'm 41 years old, born July 9th (a Cancer), married 5/7/83, one daughter, 15 years old, who posts on PT as YellowLabLover. I have 2 older sisters; one in England getting her PhD in Linguistics at Cambridge University, and one in Appleton who I don't talk to any more because she's psycho.
:p I never went to college, so I am stuck in a hellish job as a department manager in a large discount store chain. I think I can drive a stick shift but haven't since sometime in the 80's, so maybe I forgot how. I drive a green mini-van too; they're pretty common, aren't they? (Mine has a severed Ken doll head on the antenna so I can find it in mall parking lots though - don't ask :D) My husband is kind of the Grizzly Adams type; bearded, rugged, likes to kill stuff, but deep down a really nice guy who loves pets. I love to do anything that will de-stress me or make me laugh, like going on Pet Talk, watching comedy shows / videos, surfing the Net, taking pictures of the kitty and YLL's ratties, playing pranks on my daughter, and stuffing my face with whatever I want, whenever I want. In the warmer months I like to go to mule shows and state/county fairs around the country.

Amy, you crack me up with "I'm basically a loser" - PLEASE! You are NOT a loser. I didn't get a boyfriend until I was 19, and I ended up married happily ever after, so there's hope for you yet.
Enjoy your freedom while you have it ;) :p .

The Cat Factory
02-17-2003, 02:35 AM
My name is Chantelle, I live in BC, Canada, I have 10 Cats, 1 Dog, and 1 Fish Tank with lots of fish in it. I am 15 years old. My hobbies include Star Trek, Lord Of The Rings, Collecting Video Games, DVD's, Video Game Systems, and More Star Trek, and Star Wars, and of course, animals :) And more Star Trek.

aly
02-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Heeeey now. I agree Amy's not a loser, but what's wrong with having a boyfriend??!

I forgot to put in my thing that I drive a 99 Toyota Camry. I can drive a stick but haven't done so in a few years. I hate driving stick anyway.

neko1
02-17-2003, 05:52 AM
Yeah I also forgot to put in that I drive an automatic 2000 Ponitac Sunfire. Great in the summer, it sucks in the winter!

I too did not have a boyfriend until I was 19, that's when I met brian and now we're gettin married!!!

02-17-2003, 05:57 AM
My name is Lut
I AM 46 (°July 21 1956)
married to Bernard Gabriels , since 1979 (aug.18)
we have 2 adopted children of 17 and 13 .
Pets : 2 cats Maya & Inka , 1 RB-cat Sydney , 1 bunnie Billie , 1 guinea pig Jasper , and lots of fish in our outdoor pond .

about driving : I am driving an automatic Ford Focus . I love it !!
My hubby has a Lexus ; he needs to drive a lot for his job , so he neds a solid car !

jenluckenbach
02-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Well I guess I forgot a few things myself. 1st, I am 40 (8/7/62) and Charlie is 58 (5/24/00).
2nd, I drive a 92 Subaru Legacy wagon and Charlie has a 91 Toyota Camry wagon. I to, am scared of the way a standard shift car rolls back......actually petrified is more the word.
3rd, AMY YOU ARE NOT A LOSER !! I too was without a boyfriend during most of my younger years, but I was one of the first to marry (from my classmates) and the ONLY one to actually STAY married. Probably because people like us are used to just "flitting" around between boys, to see if we can "get a better deal".
4th........I completely understand anyone who does not feel comfortable giving a real first name, but I will admit, ACGAS, you and Popcornbird were 2 of the ones I was most interested in. (I have the feeling that Popcornbird's first name is something beautiful and exotic) And soledad, we know your husband's name, Sam, so I think you should 'fess up.:D

Tanya&Fritz
02-17-2003, 09:58 AM
I also forgot to mention my car(s):D My husband and I have a 1995 and a 1998 Ford Escort.

Popcornbird, I'm dying to know what your first name is :D

Amy, take your time finding a man. Enjoy the single life :D

Tina
02-17-2003, 10:03 AM
My name is Tina I'm 21 and I'll be turning 22 May 6
I'm married to Rob (Sept.25,1999)
Rob is 33, he is a welder
We have one skinkid Kaitlynn Michelle she is 3 years old.
I have one brother he is 17 years old.
We live in Union,West Virginia
I'm a house wife for right now until I can find a job I like.
We have 4 dogs,3 cats,2 birds,1 rabbit,1 guinea pig and 3 Chicken Hens.

I know how to drive standard shift (which I love)
We have 2 trucks 1989 F-250 Diesel Pickup and 1978 F-150 Ranger Pickup and 1 car 1984 Ford SVO Mustang.

I love horses I hope to have a horse ranch later on in the future.

lynnestankard
02-17-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm Lynne.
I'm 57 years old on May 11th.
Married to Don 28th March 1970.
Two Daughters aged 30 and 24
Had to take early retirment due to ill-health
Don't drive.
Adoring Mum and slave to Bagel, Ketchum and Dan our three cats.
Hobbies include - cross stitching, making cards, glass painting, theatre visiting, watching films, eating out and driving pillion on our Goldwing!!

Lynne

Logan
02-17-2003, 10:31 AM
I'm Logan (obviously) and I just got married for the second time on 12/21/02. Couldn't be happier!!! :) I had been single for 10 years when I met the "one". Amy, you hold out for the right one!!! You have no reason to rush!!!

I am "mom" to Helen, who is 12 years old, and Andrew and Elizabeth, my "new kids", who are 8 and 9 years old. Plus, we have Murphy, Lilly and Honey, our Lab and Golden Retrievers, Mimi and Butter, our cats, and Roger and Milly, our Cockatiels.

I am 40 years old :eek: , and my birthday is Sept. 18. My husband is 35. :o

I drive a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and my husband drives a 2002 Ford Expedition (gotta have some place to put all those kids and dogs). And I can drive a stick shift and would love to have a Jeep Wrangler to mess around in, one day!!!

Corinna
02-17-2003, 11:33 AM
I am Corinna
Married to Tim 3/17/79 almost 24 years
2 skinkids Clarissa 21 Ben (Midnight on PT) 19
springer Merlin Newfy Lady
Tux cat Winky Black long hair Ebony
white rabbit Bunn mini lop/jersy woolsy Wee one
We live in Columbia falls Montana (9yr) But I grew up on a farm in Washington state so i can drive just about anything.
I spin my own yearns and knit unusual items. I work at home in my own business. In the summer I work at a gift shop in West Glacier the entrence to Glacier park. I njoy the people I meet from all over the world. This year I'm going to just work 3 days tue,wed, and tThurs. so If you come to the park stop in and say Hi.
As for boyfreinds don't rush my daughter just getting out of a mess 4 years and shes had enough time to find herself.
Oh yea I was born 4-8-61 and hubby 11-21-58 He does hard wood floors again. He had a 5 year time off fighting cancer. But I got him to keep for a while longer.

HoRsELUvR
02-17-2003, 11:39 AM
I am Robyn
13 years old
2 furkids-my cats Reese and Midnight
I love horses and horseback riding and,of course,my cats!

Andie
02-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Name: Andrea
B-day: Dec 16 1982
Engaged since July 2002 to Dustin (Redneck Pit Lover on here) no date set We've been together for almost 3 years (2/20/2000)
No kids
2 Furkids 1 dog - Bull 1 cat - Isis
Live in Lilbourn - New Madrid, Missouri
Looking for a house
Been driving since I was 13 (on back roads with my dad)
Drive a 98 Dodge Neon (automatic) can't drive a stick to save my life

Very interested in pit bull and other "dangerous breeds" rescue, between work and my babies I have very little time for hobbies but I surf the Internet and writes fiction when I find time.

P.S. Amy, you are in no way, shape, or form a loser!

mugsy
02-17-2003, 01:09 PM
ANDIE!! NEW MADRID????? Wow! Have you had any quakes?? Can you still see the church steeples in the river from the major quake in the 1800s?

Andie
02-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
ANDIE!! NEW MADRID????? Wow! Have you had any quakes?? Can you still see the church steeples in the river from the major quake in the 1800s?

LOL I knew someone was going to ask about earthquakes! That is the first thing outta everyones mouth when they find out where I live. No, we haven't had any quakes recently. (or at least none that could be felt) I never knew there were church steeples in the river (shows how much I know about local history)
LOL Although as dirty as the Mississippi is by the time it gets to us there's probably alot of stuff in there I never knew about.

neko1
02-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Brian and I have been living together for 6 years and have been engaged for 5 years. We bought our home 3 years ago. I just see it as doing things in reverse. Usually people get married first and then have to look for a home. We looked for a home first and now we are getting married. It's actually a lot easier this way. I had a friend who recently got married and ended up living at the in-laws house with her new husband because they couldn't find a house!! Yuk!!

Kater
02-17-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm Katharine and I go by Kate. I'm 19 and a freshmen at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I'm single single single and I don't mind. :D

I started driving when I was 15 and 3 months but the age requirement has since changed in the state of Hawai'i. I haven't driven for a long while though being as I'm in college....with no car....

I can't drive a stick shift. I was supposed to learn how to over Christmas break, just for fun, but I never got around to it.

I think I want to be an alternative veterinarian specializing in Eastern medicine (acupuncture, herbs...maybe some homeopathy). Growing up in Hawai'i exposed me to a lot of Asian culture and tradition. I have studied Chinese language since the 7th grade and plan to enroll is Chinese 301 next fall here at UW-Madison. But the prospect of getting into vet. school really scares me. Half the time I don't feel like I'll ever get there....but I know I'd be a good vet! and that is what inspires me. I've looked into other animal related careers ....including Wildlife Management ...but they don't appeal to me as much as working one on one with pet people and companion animals.

I've felt immense frustration with Western medicine thoroughout my life because on many occasions I feel it only addresses symptoms with short term solutions and doesn't take into account the big picture. I don't know how well I am explaining this now, but if anyone shares these interests I'd love to get a PM from you. I think ideally medicine should draw from the traditions of many peoples and use the least invasive methods.

But like Aly (and others!!!!) I'm very much into shelter/rescue work. It's been hard since coming to college though as I don't have access to a car and I'm swamped with work. But I'll get back into the loop. Hey Aly, I'll come to your shelter and volunteer my skills when I'm a vet! someday someday!!;)

Also I'm vegan and into Animal Rights. I'll be going to an Animal Rights Conference at UC-Berkely this Friday-Sunday (Feb 21-23.) Get out of this collllldddd weather for a bit!!!

and that is just the beginning of understanding what is Kate......:p

aly
02-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Kater
Hey Aly, I'll come to your shelter and volunteer my skills when I'm a vet! someday someday!!;)

Also I'm vegan and into Animal Rights. I'll be going to an Animal Rights Conference at UC-Berkely this Friday-Sunday (Feb 21-23.) Get out of this collllldddd weather for a bit!!!

I'd LOVE to have you :) :)

Thats very interesting what you were saying about medicine. I think you will be wonderful at it. Let me know when you get your degree, I may just have to be flying my pets to Hawaii to see Dr. Kate !! :D

I miss you on AIM! Hope I can catch you again.

luckies4me
02-17-2003, 05:27 PM
"As for boyfriends, I've noticed that most girls that hang around with guys at a young age, end up breaking up, or getting married, then divorcing. I also personally think it is very immoral to live with a guy that you consider a bf, out of marriage. Its so common in the US that its not considered bad, but people think otherwise elsewhere, especially in more religious/conservative areas. Anyway..................my personal beliefs."

I had my first bf when I was 16 and he was 19. We were togetherfor a year and a half until he had to move back to Alabama to take care of his father. We had the best relationship and were always open and honest about what we were feeling etc. My parents ADORED him!!! And well so did I duh, or I wouldn't have been with him. We didn't break up on bad terms and we even continued our long distance relationship until I turned 18...and I sort of met someone else. :p We are STILL very good friends and well my parents still love him to death lol. As far as breaking up, that happens are ANY age when you are dating. You could get married at 46 and still get divorced etc. I personally think it is a lot better for a couple to get divorced if they are truly not happy. I would hate it if my parents were still together. Man it would be a nightmare!

Dan and I are NOT married, but are sort of engaged (call him my hubby though) but I do not consider him just a boyfriend. He is so much more than that and I don't need a piece of paper telling me otherwise, or to signify our love for one another. We have lived together sinse the day we met actually (not kidding) and have a beautiful baby boy Dylan John who is almost 15 months old on the 25th of this month and I would not trade it for the world! We have been together three years!

It always used to be that couples were "married" between them and GOD, as GOD knew how much the couple loved eachother. There never used to be marriage certificates etc. The same now, GOD knows that Dan and I are in love and well we are married, just in the way we see it. Like I said I don't need to spend 10,000 dollars to show how much I care/love a person.

I do plan on getting married someday and hopefully it will be with Dan (fingers crossed) and if not GOD has chose a different path for me. Anyway, I know I am happy now and that's all that matters.

luckies4me
02-18-2003, 01:51 AM
As long as god knows Dan and I love eachother there is nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Sheesh, I don't ever have to get married and we would still be together forever, which means a lot more than some couples I can speak about.

And I don't plan on getting married any time soon. We will live together forever, if we are married or not.....who cares anyway? Cuz I sure don't!

Former User
02-18-2003, 02:09 AM
Hey, no fighting, this is the year 2003, and everyone has the right to live the way they want to. What's it to anyone else if someone is married or not! :mad:

I'm Niina, 27 years, married since Jan.9th 2002 to the most precious man in the world, Patrick. We don't have kids (and never will, by choice), but we have 2 cats, Casper and Kitty, they are our "kids" :D

I'm a student at the moment, livin in a different country than my home country, learning the language and trying to get along with the new culture.

I don't have a drivers lisence, but my hubby does, and we have a new car, Toyota Yaris, (car of the Year 2000).

luckies4me
02-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Hey, no fighting, this is the year 2003, and everyone has the right to live the way they want to. What's it to anyone else if someone is married or not! :mad:

Thank you Niina! I was not trying to argue, just explaining how I feel. I really don't think a piece of paper is going to change anything between Dan and I, besides the fact that we have a piece of paper.

I would not consider Dan a bf, he is the father of my son, my fiance and the man I have loved for three years! :D If we got married tomorrow we would still be the same, nothing would change....well besides the fact that we would get a bunch of wedding gifts, lol! :p

neko1
02-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty

I'm Niina, 27 years, married since Jan.9th 2002 to the most precious man in the world, Patrick.

Heehee my Birthday!!!!

Dakota's Mommy
02-18-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm Christy, I'll be 21 on April 2nd, I got married on April 21, 2001, my husbands name is Brian and we have no skin-kids yet, but we have 2 precious fur-babies! They do act like their human though, but they're really not!

marysmerrycats
02-21-2003, 12:51 AM
ok I;m not sure what to say bu..
I'm Mary
41 years old
live inTucson AZ
no kids, not married
have 5 cats living with me, and 2 cats living with my mom(but they are still mine LOL)

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Im Jessica
age 14
want to be a photographer
no husband:p ....yet:D
pets: 2 furkids and a fid;)

jenluckenbach
02-21-2003, 06:41 PM
what's a FID ?

Brie
02-21-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm Brie (no one calls me by my full name anyway)
Married May 18, 2002 to my wonderful, beautiful Jason :)
I'm 21 (January 6th!! Yeah Capricorns!! :D )
Neither of us are actually doing our careers. Thank you Silicon Valley dot com lay offs!!!! I love the EXPENSIVE bay area!! :rolleyes: << can you see the sarcasim melting from my words.
My husband is a laid off IT tech, out of work website designer. I'm embarrassed to say what he's doin now to help ends meet (no, it's not illegal or immoral). And he's back in school finishing his major in media arts and animation.
I'm (very) recently laid off from my position as a buyer for a local pet store (I need a job! Anybody want my resume!! Office Skills A/P, A/R, Accounting, knowledeged in pet care, nturition, behavior. customer serice!!! :D :D ) My dream is to own my own pet supply store (but, not the kind that sell animals) I want to own a place that focus' on nutrition and bettering the lives of those lil' furballs around us.

We have no kids, but, definetly something were looking forward to a few years down the road.

We share our house with a 4 year old male Boston Terrier and an 8 year old Holland Lop bunny.

He's 25 and I'm 21 and our favorite thing to do together is STILL play video games!!!! :D :eek: :D :eek: (you can often find us at the local Toys R Us playing the demos!!!)
I'm addicted to my computer, more specifcally, the internet and my email.

In our (now copious amount of) free time whe are the CEO and CFO of a local non-profit orgainzation that goes into raves and nightclubs to distribute health and safety info, drug info and safer sex info. We often run workshops at conferences, high schools, colleges and for other non-profits. www.shareproject.org

this is us:http://www.shareproject.net/TEST/us_sml.JPG

popcornbird
02-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
what's a FID ?

feathered kid :)

(guess it can be used for fur kid too!)

wolflady
02-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Hi Brie! Welcome to Pet Talk! I noticed that you are a "neighbor"! :D It's always nice to "meet" a new face in the neighborhood, so to speak! LOL I hope you like it here at Pet Talk! It's a great and wonderful place! ;)

I'm Karen
age 26
I live in Gilroy, Cali (the Garlic capitol!!), but work in the San Francisco Bay area...more specifically, San Jose!
I'm married to Aaron
no skinkids...not sure if we'll have any; waiting for awhile at least
we have 2 furkids: marius and Scooter, both DSH male kitties!
I want a dog, but just don't have enough time right now (Marius and Scooter are probably thankful for that! :rolleyes: lol)
I drive a 2001 t-top camaro, color: chameleon - it's cool! Depending on which way you look at it, it either looks blue or green. :D
I work in the e-commerce and enterprise integration industry, but would love to work with animals in the future.

wolfsoul
02-22-2003, 12:54 AM
im jordan (a girl heehee thats y i usually say jordyn)
im 15 and will be 16 on october 16th
3 dogs and three rats and 2 cats
no kids thank god!
I live in kelowna british columbia canada
not married heehee
i want to own a petshop/shelter and a rattery :D

Brie
02-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by wolflady

I live in Gilroy, Cali (the Garlic capitol!!), but work in the San Francisco Bay area...more specifically, San Jose!

Oh yeah! I know Gilroy... I LOVE Garlic!!!

anna_66
02-22-2003, 07:18 AM
This is a wonderful place, you sound like you'll fit right in here:D