PDA

View Full Version : Some cats that I've fostered

smokey the elder
02-16-2003, 08:57 AM
I have some pictures of foster cats that I've placed for adoption that I would like to share.

(In no particular order)

First up: Mittens. She came to me in August of 2001 with a litter of 5 kittens. She was half-starved, and acted vicious. Once the kittens were weaned and she had started to pork up she turned mellow. She would sit up and beg for Cheddar cheese. She is a polydactyl Tuxedo, and is living the sweet life as an only cat.

smokey the elder
02-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Spicy came to me in April of 2002. He was abandoned with his two brothers. He had all these mats in his fur and had to have a BATH (horrors!) before I could take him home. He has the most unusual facial markings (blaze and milk mustache.) He is probably one of the most photogenic cats I've had yet. I am going to post a few pics of this guy!

First, a lovely closeup.

smokey the elder
02-16-2003, 09:01 AM
Spicey looking sweet on the table.

smokey the elder
02-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Spicey stalking the evil mousie!

Oops too big. I'll get this one later.

smokey the elder
02-16-2003, 09:05 AM
Spliffy was a tough foster. She's 8 years old and declawed :mad: . She had spent the first 7 years of her life exiled to a basement because her family was allergic to her. When I got her, she was extremely shy and passive-aggressive. She would bite terribly. Over time I re-socialized her. Now she's in a wonderful home as an only cat.

smokey the elder
02-16-2003, 09:08 AM
My current foster, Buddy, is another supposed hard case. He was in another foster home and would lunge at peoples' feet. He was confined to one room. Since I took him in a month ago, I discovered that he's probably claustrophobic, has something wrong with his back legs that gives him a funny run, and acts more like a big puppy than a cat (sorry, Frostfrog!) Buddy is a gray tux male and is available! He has the potential to be a sweetie and likes a busy environment.

jenluckenbach
02-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Bless you for giving all these kitties a chance at a new home. I have not yet been able to foster (can't give them up).
one retorical question to the old owner of Spliffy:"Why do you keep a cat for 7 years when someone's allergic?" That sweet one could have had a better home for all those years instead of confinement to the cellar.

NoahsMommy
02-16-2003, 11:34 AM
They all look so happy!! You are wonderful for taking them in and truly saving their lives.

smokey the elder
02-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Bless you for giving all these kitties a chance at a new home. I have not yet been able to foster (can't give them up).
one retorical question to the old owner of Spliffy:"Why do you keep a cat for 7 years when someone's allergic?" That sweet one could have had a better home for all those years instead of confinement to the cellar.

I often wondered that as I was putting Neosporin on the latest Spliffy nip. (And I don't mean catnip.:( )

wolphygrrrl
02-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Gorgeous pics of some raving beauties. Thanks for sharing.

rg_girlca
02-19-2003, 09:54 AM
I would just love to come over and shake your hand and give you a big hug on the great work that you do to help these little furbabies. It's so heartbreaking to read what some of these precious little ones have to go through. God why do ignorant, uncaring people even attempt to have animals, is beyond me.

I enjoy seeing the pictures of your foster babies knowing they are now in a caring and loving home.
I can't get over the marking on Spicey's nose. It is so unique.

Keep up the good work smokey the elder, and Spliffy, be a good boy and try not to bite someone who is trying to give you a better life. :)

02-19-2003, 10:05 AM
Thank you , in the name of all the cats you've fostered !!!
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/clipart/sillybasket.gif