PDA

View Full Version : I am getting a bunny on pay day

tikeyas_mom
02-15-2003, 09:05 PM
I am so excited, my mom said I can get a lop rabbit in the summer. But i was looking at the spca site and i saw this really cute one so i called her over and she said that i could have it !! i am excited heres a pic of him :) http://www.okanagan.net/spca/adoption/other/Lop2.jpg

wolfsoul
02-15-2003, 09:10 PM
hes so cute! :D
did u get the pic off the spca site?

wolfsoul
02-15-2003, 09:12 PM
uh oh...i just looked at the site...it still hasnt been updated...since august....i dont think he will be there anymore...maybe u should call?

tikeyas_mom
02-15-2003, 09:29 PM
I am getting him this pay day soo on friday :D http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/kao/chika/chirolp_lovely.gif

tikeyas_mom
02-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Ya i am going to call tomoorw!!:)

Aspen and Misty
02-16-2003, 09:46 AM
he looks exactly like my bunny Jillian. Have you done your research on bunnies? I hope you are going to keep him inside? He will need time out of his cage, is that ok with your mom? I do hope we have read up on bunnies alot!

Ash

tikeyas_mom
02-16-2003, 12:56 PM
hey, yes I have dont TONS of research TRUST ME! I would never think of getting a animal without looking up on he breed and stuff.

I am keeping him inside, YES! lol ,,, and I will have him out of his cage almost 24/7 lol I wont ever be able to put him down *giggle* I cant wait.. But the bad thing is the spca is closed today grrrr ... But thats ok ill call tomorrow :) http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/kao/otn/pblob2.gif

jenluckenbach
02-16-2003, 01:30 PM
That sure is one cute bunny!

RockyRoad
02-16-2003, 01:43 PM
Good luck with the new bun! Glad to hear you have read up on rabbits. He is adorable! Make sure that if you are going to keep him out of his cage a lot that you litter-train him. If you need any help you can always go back to here (http://www.rabbit.org) for any information. I'm not saying you WILL need help, but it never kills to get a bit of backup just in case. ;) Good luck!

tikeyas_mom
02-16-2003, 02:10 PM
thanks guyz :)

:( I am kinda sad because I just called the s.p.c.a and the bunny I wanted to adopt found a new home YESTERDAY :( oh well I guess that bunny just was'nt the one for me :) I will find one though sooner or later.. :( I am still sad though ..

wolfsoul
02-16-2003, 02:49 PM
oh no! :( oh well....atleast he has a home....there will be plenty more bunnies atleast :) they took out the kitten room and turned it into a bunny room lol....waaaay to many rabbits! ;) :rolleyes:

Heather Wallace
02-16-2003, 03:07 PM
I am so gald that you have done the research on bunnies, good for you. i do hope you get the bun you want, and well done for taking a rescue on.

RockyRoad
02-16-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry you didn't get that bun. Just keep looking, there are plenty of rabbits up for adoption! I'm sure you'll find a great bun. ;)

primabella
02-16-2003, 04:13 PM
oh, sorry to hear you didn't get your bunny. good luck in the future! :) just be patient and you'll have the one best for you.

before mickey, we bought a collie mix from a backyard breeder (i didn't know the difference at the time) the lady lied to us saying he wouldn't get very big and that he was a baby. he was already almost reaching the knees. :eek: anyways, we realized he wasn't right for us and brought him to the shelter. they guaranteed a cutie like him would find a home soon. anyways, i've been through a LOT until i got the dog just right for me. so that was a lot of talking to just say, hang in there :D

Karen
02-16-2003, 04:21 PM
There are always bunnies who need homes. Particulary just after Easter, when people who were ignorant got their kids a bbunny for Easter WITHOUT researching - a lot of rabbits end up in shelters then. So if you don't have one by Easter, you'll sadly have your pick of abandoned bunnies.

Good luck on finding the right bunny for you! :)

tikeyas_mom
02-16-2003, 04:31 PM
thanks guys :*( I loved that bunny oh well I hope he has a good home :) I called every single petstore in the area I livee today and non of them have bunnies :*( I am sad .. I really wannted a rabbit.. oh well *sigh*

RockyRoad
02-16-2003, 06:29 PM
Did you try www.petfinder.com? There may be some near you! :)

wolfsoul
02-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Karen
There are always bunnies who need homes. Particulary just after Easter, when people who were ignorant got their kids a bbunny for Easter WITHOUT researching - a lot of rabbits end up in shelters then. So if you don't have one by Easter, you'll sadly have your pick of abandoned bunnies.

Good luck on finding the right bunny for you! :)
that reminded me of a story when my friend told me a lie that when she was little she saw the easter bunny lol....
14 and she still says she saw the easter bunny on her front lawn :rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
02-16-2003, 07:15 PM
My mom has seen the easter bunny .. She swears to me she saw it and she ran to her moms room freaking out and her parents got mad at her.. lol when she went back to the living room the rabbit was gone.. My mom said it was 7 ft tall and it was blue and had a basket .. (she must have been dreaming)

tikeyas_mom
02-16-2003, 07:16 PM
I have tryed pet finder and it doent reconise my location :(

Daisylover
02-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Karin gives great advice, do try and wait (I know it is hard) and rescue a bunny from the humane society. So many get dumped in May and June at shelters. Others are less lucky and just get let go becuase after all they are a bunny and they can live wild. That is NOT true.... domestic bunnies do not have the survivial skills of the wild bunny cousins and are dependent upon humans for warm, shelter and food. Most turned loose are hit by a car or eaten by prey animals. So do a good deed and resuce a bunny from a shelter. I promise you, you will feel great for saving a life!

tikeyas_mom
02-17-2003, 01:15 PM
YES, well I plan on getting a bunny from the S.P.C.A they have soo many homless rabbits .. :( I will give one a home .. :)

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 04:12 PM
:( oh no! sorry you didnt get your bun bun.... but there will be other ones that need you too! keep checking in shelters and dont give up! there is gonna be a bunny just right for you;) ;)

tikeyas_mom
02-19-2003, 05:01 PM
thanks for the support :) http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/kao/otn/pnkyusagi.gif

*ps* I have good news my mom Is getting a big check supposibly and ?She said that on friday we are going to the shelter to pick out a baby bunny (they just got a huge shipment in ) :D yay

RockyRoad
02-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Well that is good to hear. :) Good luck with the bunny, and be sure to tell us all about him/her.

wolfsoul
02-19-2003, 08:20 PM
i have to go to the spca one of these days too...just to scope lol...and then i will go home complaining of course *sighs* maybe if i go this week, i will see ur future bunny!:D then again, the week is almost up so i doubt it lol :rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
02-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Well you never know.. I am still workin on getting my mom not to care about what my dad says about the rabbit.. You probibly will see my future bunny though :)

Jessica12345
02-19-2003, 09:53 PM
good luck!:D

wolfsoul
02-20-2003, 07:11 PM
well, i dont think im gonna go, so i dont think i will see ur future bunny :( im too lazy lol...i cant bike there, cuz then i would need to bring timber (cant bike anywhere without her, she paces me lol)...so unless i get some motivation i dont think im going lol...

tikeyas_mom
02-20-2003, 07:16 PM
GREAT news .. :( my mom told me to talk to my dad about getting a bunny and he said no.. "what do we need a F***ing bunny for?"

I hate him right now.. So ya now I am not allowed to have a bunny.. :( I am soo depressed.. :( :( :(:(

RockyRoad
02-20-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry you didn't get your bunny. :( Why don't you go pet your doggies and other pets (sorry can't see your sig so I forgot their names), and pray that the bunny you wanted gets a great home just as you would have given him.

wolfsoul
02-20-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
GREAT news .. :( my mom told me to talk to my dad about getting a bunny and he said no.. "what do we need a F***ing bunny for?"

I hate him right now.. So ya now I am not allowed to have a bunny.. :( I am soo depressed.. :( :( :(:(
awww thats horrible! maybe if u act really sad he will feel bad and let u have one? :(

tikeyas_mom
02-20-2003, 10:40 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D I am sooooooo happy, me and my mom just talked to my dad and comprimized and he said that I could have a bunnie :)

But the bad thing is I dont have a cage right now .. :(
Me and my mom r going to the spca tomorrow to pic out a bunny :D yay !! Do you think that they'll keep my bunny till I can get a cage ?? All I have is a hamster cage *which a dwarf cannot fit in * and my mom seems to thinkit will , even though that would be crule .. I told her that it is wayyy to small for a rabbit, but she said we have no extra money for a cage .. :( hey wolfsoul do you know where to find cheep cages for rabbits here in kelowna? thanks :D

I GET A BUNNY :D

wolfsoul
02-21-2003, 11:27 PM
buckerfields has pretty good cage prices, but they r still expensive lol....but compared to petcetra thats nothing *sighs* dont look for cages at petcetera, itll only depress u lol....but i may still have the cage that i used for my old bunnies...im not sure if i still have it, but if i do, i will give it to u, free of charge :D

Brie
02-22-2003, 12:54 AM
http://www.rabbit.org/chapters/index.html

Go to the house rabbit societys web page and find a chapter near you. They always know where bunnies are that either need permanent or foster homes.
And even if you can no longer get one maybe you could put in some volunteer time with your local chapter.

Brie
02-22-2003, 01:00 AM
ya know, I just realized your in Canada:

House Rabbit Society Of Ontario, Canada (http://www.houserabbits.com/) Ottawa Urban Rabbit Society of Ottawa, Canada (http://www.urbanrabbits.com/)
http://www.morfz.com/rabresc.html
http://www.evergreenrabbit.org/links.html

wolfsoul
02-22-2003, 01:38 PM
i saw a bunny at a garage sale today...its not a dwarf and it only comes witha carrying cage though....20 dollars though, its not bad...

tikeyas_mom
02-22-2003, 02:28 PM
Ya To bad I alread got my baby girl hey ? I love her .. I feel soo bad for her though because she has mats :( it herts her .. they are soo hard to get out without hurting my poor bunny :(

wolfsoul
02-22-2003, 02:39 PM
yay! congrats! the spca sux, they dot even brush their bunnies..

tikeyas_mom
02-22-2003, 03:31 PM
I know they are stupid.. They cut out like one mat but she has like TEN..

wolfsoul
02-22-2003, 04:28 PM
another reason y i would like to volunteer there lol

tikeyas_mom
02-22-2003, 06:17 PM
I bought a spcial comb for Honey it is a metal comb .. I hope I can get out the mats.. :( I dnt want to hurt her.. I am going to wait a couple of days befor I try to brush her again because today she was bleeding a little :( when I tryed to get out the mats.. :eek: