PDA

View Full Version : Laura's dress and my headpiece! (pics)

neko1
02-15-2003, 04:48 PM
We are so excited!!! Laura ordered her dress!!
And I got my tiara and veil!!
Here's a few pictures: Laura's dress is too small but I wanted a pic so that's why it looks so tight

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p3b36a8676b8540c09665fc5312d00a9b/fca30246.jpg

The detailing:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/pb3f79b79832b36913843c972c466fc3c/fca30229.jpg

I look like a tool!:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p80ba183fb88b804b438bc7166d0307eb/fca30220.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p55ed1931ccccc03dd0ae89b31e8dc829/fca3021a.jpg

Soledad
02-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Laura makes a very sweet bride. I love the dress!

COCatMama
02-15-2003, 05:25 PM
i like the detailing and you don't look like a tool!!

Soledad
02-15-2003, 05:27 PM
I think the problem is that it's too small, which is what Neko mentioned earlier. It'll make a big difference to the dress when the bodice is properly fitted.

COCatMama
02-15-2003, 05:29 PM
I never shoulda said anything, deleting the post if I can!

neko1
02-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
Laura makes a very sweet bride. I love the dress!

Hee hee acutally I'm the bride and Laura's the maid of honor! The dress color is celadon, but from the flouresent lighting, it looks kinda white.

Soledad
02-15-2003, 05:38 PM
AH! Okay, well Laura looks like she's going to make a very sweet bridesmaid. The dress is lovely.

What is your dress like?

neko1
02-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Here's my dress...It's hard to see cause some idiot put it against a white backround!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p70950149aeb272f89599f03a2bc6367f/fca2eb75.jpg

Soledad
02-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Ah, very nice. I'm getting really sick of seeing the same strapless, ballgown silouttes if you know what I mean. It's refreshing to see something different.

Are you going to wear the gloves, too?

neko1
02-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Nah, I'm not really a glove girl. I'd take a picture of me in the dress but that's back luck, right?!

Soledad
02-15-2003, 06:26 PM
It's bad luck if your fiance comes and sees it. Or, at least, it's supposed to be.

neko1
02-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Heehee...last year my friend made sure to put paper sticking out of the pages of the really ugly dresses in her bridal magazine just in case her fiance decided to look through it!

Cataholic
02-15-2003, 07:06 PM
I like the Laura's dress, very simple (as a bridesmaid's should be), and your veil and dress. I think you should reconsider the gloves...I think they look nice. What are you going to do with your hair? What color is Laura's dress?

neko1
02-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Laura's dress is Celadon. I'm going to talk to my hairdresser next weekend. I'm thinking of putting the front up, and curling the back (does that make any sense what I just said?)

popcornbird
02-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Very nice dresses. :) Just wondering...........who's Laura? :confused: Is she your sister?

Dakota's Mommy
02-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Love the dress! You look very pretty!

jenluckenbach
02-15-2003, 07:27 PM
for the sake of those of us who are totally clueless........ME.........

you are getting married??? when?????

lovely dresses.

Cookiebaker
02-15-2003, 07:27 PM
You will be a beautiful bride!! I remember getting so excited when I was at this stage...when everything starts falling into place, and things start to actually happen. Have fun with all the preparations!!

neko1
02-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Have I really been that quiet about it?! I'm getting married on June 21st. We are honeymooning in St. Lucia!
Everything is starting to fall into place and I'm getting really excited! Tomorrow Brian and I are going to start our registry at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

(Laura is one of my really good friends)

shais_mom
02-15-2003, 08:57 PM
Gorgeous!!!
You will be a beautiful bride. A friend of mine is getting married on May 24, and one of her colors is celadon.

Congratulations!!

petsbestern
02-15-2003, 09:48 PM
Congrats! Hope you have a great life ahead of you!

boscibo
02-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Congrats on the upcoming wedding! For some reason I thought you and Brian were already married. ;)

Soledad
02-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Wow! You're getting married a week before Sam and I are! Are you getting anxious? I am. There are so many things that I've got to do!!!:eek:

popcornbird
02-16-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
Wow! You're getting married a week before Sam and I are! Are you getting anxious? I am. There are so many things that I've got to do!!!:eek:

Huh??? :confused: I thought you are already married. :confused:

So Neko, Laura is getting married too? Or is she buying the dress to wear to your wedding?

Soledad
02-16-2003, 02:36 AM
We're having two weddings. We married on Valentine's Day 2002, but that was a small ceremony with friends that was done to keep us in the same country. Now we're having a big wedding with all the family, etc. in June.

popcornbird
02-16-2003, 02:42 AM
So you weren't "really" married? Or were you? :confused: Do you already have the wedding contract etc. done, or will it be done now?

Soledad
02-16-2003, 02:44 AM
We are already legally married. However, we are still going to have a ceremony/reception for our family since they couldn't be there the first time.

popcornbird
02-16-2003, 02:50 AM
Oh ok. Now I get it. :)

Barbara
02-16-2003, 05:31 AM
Michelle, I love the colour of Laura's dress, that celadon. And the rest too. very elegant.

I am sorry I cannot see your dress too well on the white background but that's ok. I am sure you will post pix in June.

I have been married twice but never in white and since then I think sometimes it would have been nice......

BTW -the cats should wear something celadon, too:D Unfortunately you won't get them to strew flowers:D

ChrisH
02-16-2003, 05:37 AM
Michelle, I love your dress and veil, I just know you are going to look so beautiful. And so will Laura, her dress is lovely too.:)

Chris

neko1
02-16-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird

So Neko, Laura is getting married too? Or is she buying the dress to wear to your wedding?

She'd crack up if she heard you say that!! No, she's mighty single. The dress is for her to wear at my wedding. Brian and I are having a small wedding, only about 75 people. We are only having a best man and maid of honor so Laura got to pick whatever she wanted!

All Creatures Great And Small
02-16-2003, 10:27 AM
No chance that Brian's going to see the pictures you posted here, I hope! You are going to be so gorgeous; I love that tiara and veil! I didn't want to put my hair up when I got married because I just wasn't used to having it up, and I have big goofy ears anyway :p , so I just left my hair long like I always wore it. (Back in my day, flower wreaths were popular, so that's what I had on my head.) I remember being so mad when my sister made me pull all of my hair up into a really tight, uncomfortable bun for her wedding since all the other bridesmaids had short hair and she wanted us all to look consistent from the back when we were at the altar :rolleyes: . I looked like a total freak! But, the bride's the boss, so I couldn't protest........ (and she's my oldest sister too and really bossy anyway ;) )

NoahsMommy
02-16-2003, 11:14 AM
Everything is so beautiful!!! I love Laura's dress, she did a good job at picking it out. :)

You'll be gorgeous in your veil and dress, how pretty!!! :)

Vio&Juni
02-20-2003, 04:48 AM
Nice dress for Laura.
The tiara and the veil are also very nice. I think, Michelle, you should try the gloves, even if you're not the glove type. I am sure, you're not the white long dress type too, you're wearing it once for the wedding. When you're a bride, you should be a little different (still yourself :) ) You're going to be a beautiful bride, I absolutely love the dress, it's what I would choose too. Well, if you don't feel confortable with the gloves, you can take them off anytime.
In Moldova, they wear the white dress at the civil ceremony, not only religious. So, even if someone decides not to have the religious one, still has the chance to show herself in a white beautiful dress. There is a tradition here to go in the center, put some flowers to the monument of a national hero, take beautiful pictures in a beautiful park. It's just next corner from my place. I get to see tens of brides a day when it's season (we don't have weddings during the fasts, esp. during the Lent.) It makes my day when I see so many happy couples.

lynnestankard
02-20-2003, 05:12 AM
Michelle I think Laura chose a beautiful dress , I know I'm being dopey but what colour IS celadon? I couldn't see yours very well against the white background - but the veil looked lovely with the jeans!!!!! I remember Diane trying on veils and tiaras wearing jeans and the pair of us rolling round laughing!
Don't forget in all the preparation - it's your and Brians wedding - enjoy it!

Lynne

neko1
02-20-2003, 05:51 AM
celadon is like a celery green, very light.

02-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Oh waw !!! So delicate !! This dress is just so elegant , you will be gorgeous!!!

btw, how about your pets ?;) :p ;) I know what , ask lady Edwina , she has a purrfect cat-taste !!!!

lynnestankard
02-20-2003, 07:57 AM
Thanks Michelle - sounds so pretty. You'll be a lovely bride accompanied by Laura in celadon.

Lynne

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 08:15 AM
very pretty dresses!

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Laura's dress is very pretty! And I like the veil and tiara. Couldn't really see the dress for the white background.

I bet you are very excited. Andrew and I eloped and never had a wedding. It never was my dream so it was OK. We got a whole lot of money though! Dad gave us the money he would have spent on a very expensive wedding with several hundred guests!

Cataholic
02-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by neko1
Laura's dress is Celadon. I'm going to talk to my hairdresser next weekend. I'm thinking of putting the front up, and curling the back (does that make any sense what I just said?)

Yes, that does make sense. With the wedding in June...will humidity be an issue? I am thinking of curl not staying put??? I have very straight hair, and it doesn't like to curl. I think I would be uncomfortable with my hair totally up, but....I agree with Vio, it is your day..and you should be a 'little' different, but still you. My hair guy- who I love and wouldn't trade for the world- doesn't do 'up dos'. So, make sure your normal stylist is really good at it. I would have someone other than my hair guy do it, and I know he would be cool with it. Maybe a low pony, with a big super swirly curl? A low loose bun? Is your hair still as long as it is in your signature?

No one ever listens to my sage advice, but I am giving it again...he he he...Don't get faux nails unless you wear them all the time. Don't register for 'fine' china, you will probably never use the little amount you get. Don't spend your life savings on a photographer..you won't look at the pics very often after the first go around. Bring an extra pair of hose to the wedding. Invite me and the tuxies. Keep a journal of the last two weeks leading up to the big day...it will be fun to read. Write Brian a letter to be opened on your first anniversary together..of your hopes for you lives...send me money for my great ideas...

Vio&Juni
02-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Bring an extra pair of hose to the wedding.
I can relate to all the other advices too, but this is really the best (I give it to all my friends too). I make sure I have one with me at parties like this.

lovemyshiba
02-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Bring some comfy shoes for afterward if you need them, this doesn't really apply to you, but it did to me--men's black socks!!!--they guys who don't dress up a lot might not have them, nor no that a black tux won't look right with white ones:rolleyes: ,
stand back and remember everything about the day--it goes by so fast!!!--bring an "emergency kit'--if you have it, you won't need it, if you don't you will--crackers, water, bandaids, clear nail polish, thread and needle, feminine products, deodorant, advil (or whatever you take), tissues--I didn't touch mine, but if I hadn't had it, I'm sure I would have needed something!!
Also, don't forget to eat the day of the wedding!!

moosmom
02-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Michelle,

You are going to make an awesome bride! I am SOOOOOO excited for you. The dress is spectacular.