PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog like cats?

wolfsoul
02-15-2003, 03:41 PM
my dogs all like cats, which is kinda funny cuz i think that more dogs actually go against the stereotype than hate cats :p
timber chases sara around the yard..shes only playing and she thinks that sara is only playing too (sara is actually terrifed lol) but then sara will get fed up and turn around as to scratch timber....timber, still thinking sara is just a friendly playmate, will turn around and run, as if the cat is a dog, and sara (obviously caught up in the moment) will start chasing timber around the yard!

rizzy
02-15-2003, 04:54 PM
my dog also likes cats
some she doesnt get along with though

tomkatzid
02-15-2003, 07:22 PM
At our house Kelcee likes the dogs more than they like her. Any dog can come in and she is fine with them, unless they run after her. She really loves her sisters and wants to lay with them. Ashlee thinks there is some trick involved and doesn't want any part of her. Nina doesn't want ANYONE touching her while she is trying to sleep and she will move away. She will go clear across the room. Poor Kelcee just has to lay on the dog bed or their toy by herself:(

LoudLou
02-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Yes, LOUD Louie has two kitties....well, more like the two cats have a dog..;) They have their moments when they don't get a long but they sleep together and play.... Louie would be embarassed :o to admit this to the Other Dogs on Pet Talk, but His kitties even give him baths!! :eek: ;) :D

tikeyas_mom
03-11-2003, 01:29 PM
my dogs hates them. She killed a kitten befor, she also has her eyes on the cat we have now. But Fuzzy our cat can take a round out of her. :D

gkristian
03-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Foxy loves playing with any kind of animal including cats

CathyBogart
03-25-2003, 02:26 AM
Star thinks cats are small playmates, which often doesn't go over well with the cats!! Star is more careful now, but she always seems like she really wants to play!

Dakota's Mommy
03-26-2003, 10:11 AM
In our house, it depends on which dog and what cat! We've never had a problem yet, but our girls aren't sure what cats are. They just kind of want to check them out, but the cats really won't let them get close enough so we haven't had a real experience with them yet. Here's a couple of pics of Dakota watching cats though!

" I know that cat ran through this hole!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p6b69df93e5b7b273dd8a74b551a92c9a/fc920a40.jpg

"Here kitty, kitty, kitty, I know you wanna come out and play with me!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/pecd722df8f879519faf58d7f3b4b3e54/fc920a3f.jpg

cocker_luva
04-28-2003, 04:02 PM
my cocker has no problem with any other kind of animal, as long as she's allowed to check them out (sniff) first. also if they don't try to hurt her either. :)

Desert Arabian
04-28-2003, 04:05 PM
We don't have a dog, but my cat likes dogs. At least Tasha and Rowdie. :D

Cincy'sMom
04-28-2003, 04:38 PM
We have never had Spot around a cat, so i don't what he thinks :)

Sadie and Cincy have been good with the cats they have met. They are curiuos and sniff, but have never barked at, growled at, attacked at all. My SIL's cat was the first cat they met and is a great teacher. She rules the two dog she lives with and when Sadie and Cincy met her as puppies she laid down the laws right away. It was okay to sniff, if it got to be too much, they got a warning raised paw. If that wasn't enough, they got a bop on the nose. I don't think they persued after that, but with others dogs, if that doesn't work, then the bop has claws :)