PDA

View Full Version : hi i need your thoughts and prayers well my dad does

scarlett
02-15-2003, 10:59 AM
hey,

ok this is hard so bare with me.see i found out that my dad has kidney cancer a few days ago:(were trying to be strong about it but its hard.anyway at first we thought it was his galbladder he was having pain and my mom said its his gallbladder which it was it has stones.but the doc found a shadow and at first said its probably nothing cause apparently they see shadows all the time but the doc ordered a cat scan just to be safe.well the doc called my mom at work and told her the worst news which is that his left kidney has a small tumor my mom fell apart at work and came home to tell my dad. i found out later on that day.the cancer is very fatel luckly his gallbladder saved his life they don't find the tumor till its too late so his gallbladder kicked it at the right time if it hadn't he could have died:(the tumor is very small.radiation (sp?)would do no good the only opinion he has is for it to be removed.please we need prayers and thoughts big time i'm falling apart over this.so please pray for him i'll keep you posted thanks and take care.

oh his sugery is on march 12th in 3 weeks seems forever though thanks again.

scarlett:(:(:(

mugsy
02-15-2003, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry for your bad news Marylyn. I wish you and your family the best. I hope that the surgery to remove the kidney is successful. Please keep us updated.

Karen
02-15-2003, 11:16 AM
I know two people who have lived many years with just one kidney. Hopefully they can just remove the tumor, and keep most of the kidney, but if it comes down to it, life on one kidney is not that bad!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Prayers are on the way for your Dad, you and your whole family. I know it's a scary time for you. Please keep us posted when you can.

ChrisH
02-15-2003, 11:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for good results from the surgery.

Hopefully, your Dads operation will be successful and as Karen said "life on one kidney is not that bad". In fact, my friend Jill, who lives just across the road from me had to have both kidneys removed quite a long time ago. She does have to go on dialysis every other day and has various restrictions in her diet and stuff, but she still very much enjoys life.

Chris

zippy-kat
02-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Good luck to your dad and everyone in your family. My thoughts are with you.

popcornbird
02-15-2003, 01:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I get so worried if my parents get the slightest headache, so I can't imagine how you must be feeling. :( I hope it was caught early, and that it hasn't spread past the kidney. If its only in the kidney, hopefully they can remove the tumor, or hopefully not, but if neccessary, they can remove one kidney. Many people live with one kidney and in some parts of the world where many people are ill and need to remove both of their kidneys, people often donate one of their kidney and they live just fine on one. I wish your dad the best of health and hope he'll come through this and be the happy and healthy daddy he always was. Please keep us updated.

lynnestankard
02-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Of course your in my prayers and thoughts - by the sound of it, they caught it early enough. I'll be hoping for good news and may your Dad be returned to good health. It's hard for you - but remember he's going to need you strong for him - you can do it xxx

{{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

lovemyshiba
02-15-2003, 03:06 PM
We'll be thinking of you and saying prayers for your dad. I know this is a tough time for him, and for your family.
Keep us posted if you can, we''ll be thinking of you.

primabella
02-15-2003, 03:13 PM
prayers will be sent that your father's operation is a success and that he can live healthy and happily. i am so sorry this happened :(

Twisterdog
02-15-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about your father's medical problems. My dad has been sick recently, also, and may have prostate cancer. I know how very, very hard this is for you. Don't give up hope and faith! Things very often turn out better than we expect.

I posted here recently about my mom and dad's medical problems, and received a lot of wonderful replies. I printed the thread out, and gave it to my mom and dad to read. It meant a lot to them that so many people were thinking of them and praying for them. Perhaps your father would enjoy that also.

neko1
02-15-2003, 04:38 PM
I'm truely sorry to hear about your father. Hugs and prayers on the way for a full recovery!

Dakota's Mommy
02-15-2003, 07:24 PM
So sorry to hear the bad news. However, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I truly hope that everything turns out okay in the end. We're all thinking about you here on Pet Talk!