PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS ADDRESS LIST?

jackiesdaisy1935
11-08-2001, 03:19 PM
Lots of sad stories goig on right now, I'm hoping that everything will turn around and our pups will all get well, and there will be an end to the eating of domestic animals and nobody will buy fur or leather or snakeskin or lizard etc. etc. What a better world it would be.
Angel and I'm sure it was Zippy-Cat that was making up a Christmas Address list. How is that coming along? Have you found that people are interested in doing this? I hope so, Geeeeez I have PICTURES to put in the cards :D :D :D I'm afraid to put anymore on PetTalk, so I'll flood the mail :D
Anyway us old people have to start writing cards early to get them out by Christmas so please let me know how you are doing?
Anybody done any Christmas shopping? I have a closet full for the six Schnauzers and one Mixed sweetie in the family.
Jackie

mugsy
11-08-2001, 03:51 PM
With Mike being laid off and me on disability, we agreed not to buy Christmas gifts at all this year. All friends and family are in similar boats so we agreed just to enjoy each other's company....that will be so nice...no pressure just enjoy the season for what is was meant to be.

Count us in on the address list...how do we do it? I do consider everyone on here as a friend...we all have at least one thing in common...our love for animals...which is good enough for me to qualify as a friend. There are so many neat things that happen on this board.

jackiesdaisy1935
11-08-2001, 04:56 PM
Mugsy, I know what you mean, it's kind of a downer this year with the things going on, I can't help myself with our dogs, sometimes I think I'm a fanatic., sometimes I think I put too much love into my dogs because I don't know what I would do if anything happened to them. They have such a short life span and we are getting pretty old and I try to make each day really count. Anyway Angel and Zippy-Cat are collecting a list, so you can send Angel your name and address and she will add it on.
Jackie

aly
11-08-2001, 05:38 PM
I'm on the list too! I've been excited since the idea was brought up over the summer! I also have some little things to send with the card.

;)

zippy-kat
11-08-2001, 06:14 PM
Yes, we are collecting a list!

It's been a bit since I've talked to Angel but we were planning on sending it out a lil ' before Turkey day.

Just a reminder, you will only receive the list if you add your address to it! ;)

Mugsy~we'd love to have you added to the list. Email Angel (Doggiemom) or myself with your mailing address!

I too am trying to think of a lil' "sumpin' spay-shul" to ad to the cards and I think I have just the thing... :D ;)

OHHH and speaking of Xmas cards has anyone seen the ones at Petsmart?! It's to the theme of the "12 days of Christmas." 12 = 12 Dalmations drumming, etc.

I don't remember all of them but the one I *really* wanted to look at, they didn't have, 10 (maybe it was 11) Sleeping Spaniels!

Oh well, I already have my Xmas cards picked out for you guys! ;) Hope ya like 'em...

gini
11-08-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Jackie:
<STRONG>Mugsy, I know what you mean, it's kind of a downer this year with the things going on, I can't help myself with our dogs, sometimes I think I'm a fanatic., sometimes I think I put too much love into my dogs because I don't know what I would do if anything happened to them. They have such a short life span and we are getting pretty old and I try to make each day really count. Anyway Angel and Zippy-Cat are collecting a list, so you can send Angel your name and address and she will add it on.
Jackie</STRONG>

Jackie, I saw your picture of you with the pups. You didn't look "old" to me.

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: gini ]

lizbud
11-08-2001, 07:11 PM
Jackie...Hey whatta ya mean "OLD" ??
Just wanna say "I resemble that remark" ...
and intend to post a pic in a few days to
prove it.LOL.
"Youth is not entirely a time of life.It is
a state of mind.It is not wholly a matter of ripe cheeks.It is a temper of will,a quality
of the imagination,a vigor of the emotions.
Nobody grows old by merely living a number
of years.People grow old by deserting their
ideals. You are as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fears;as young as
your hope,as old as your despair.
In the central place of every heart, there
is a recording chamber; so long as it receives messages of beauty,hope,cheer and
courage, you are young.
When all the wires are down and your heart
is covered with the snows of pessimism and
the ice of cynicism, then ,and only then,
have you grown old"
Jackie old? Don't think so !!!

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

zippy-kat
11-08-2001, 07:26 PM
http://www.ultimutt.com/images/products/UP-008.jpg
This pic reminds me of all my pettalk friends! Thanks guys!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-08-2001, 08:21 PM
Boy, you guys know how to cheer a person up.
I just love everybody on pet talk, what would we do without each of you, and the dogs, I love each and every one. Liz, I love your sayings, you are right age is a number.
Some days I feel like a 100 and other days like 20 no I better make that 40 :D

Gini, thanks for your kind words.

It will be so much fun to see what everyone picked out for Christmas cards. I have some special ones too, at least I think they are special. :)
Jackie

sammi
11-08-2001, 09:32 PM
What is this about sending Christmas cards? I must have missed that topic. Do you mean sending out cards to everyone on Pet talk? Are real name and add. huh? Send it to Angel in Arizona? :p

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-08-2001, 09:33 PM
Yikes! I better decide on my cards soon, 'cause I'm on that list too! I can't wait to see my mailbox overflowing with pet talk greetings - it's so exciting!

gini
11-08-2001, 10:10 PM
I don't know if this is the place for this, but I need to share. Last evening I had dinner with this wonderful woman that I have known only for a few years. She has cancer but is such a trooper that a lot can be learned from her.

We left the restaurant and I asked where she was parked and should I walk her to her car.
She mentioned that she had her dog with her in the car and was going to walk him.

Well THAT DID IT! I was walking her to her car - frankly, to meet her dog.

His name is "Little Bits" because he is exactly that - a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Small, possibly Pomeranian, maybe some Jack Russell, but absolutely adorable. And she thanked me for walking her to her car. Right!! I wanted to play with her dog. I was rewarded with a lick on the cheek (by the dog, not the woman).

Animals - what kind of life would it be without them?

zippy-kat
11-08-2001, 10:21 PM
What a neat story...I agree animals are very important!!!

SimbaTWonderDog
11-09-2001, 06:59 AM
Oh how i *WISH* i could be on the list, but parents say no! Im not sure where you can find them but one year this lady sent a rawhide Card to Simba. It said happy holidays and then it had a dog with a stocking.... i thought it was pretty cute... wish i knew where she got it for i could get a bunch and send em out to Sim's buddies around here!

I cant send cards out either but ill make sure to send e-cards and you all ca do that if ud like- Email- [email protected]

jackiesdaisy1935
11-09-2001, 09:40 AM
KayAnn, your parents are doing the right thing by not letting you give out your address. I'm sure your e.mail address will be flooded with Christmas Cards when the time comes. I'm very proud of you for listening to your parents and doing what they ask.
Jackie

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-09-2001, 09:50 AM
KayAnn, I found this link for you:
rawhide cards (http://www.aquariuspetsupplies.com/stockings.htm#cards)

Dixieland Dancer
11-09-2001, 11:00 AM
Kayann, I am also proud of you for listening to your parents. It is quite special that you do! If it is any consolation, I will not be joining the mailing either. Last year my husband and I decided to try and focus on the holiday more without all the running around, gift buying, and Christmas card writing. I didn't even bake anything and nobody seemed to miss it. It was wonderful. I truly enjoyed Christmas last year more than ever and so we decided to keep it simple and do it that way every year.

We get something small for the dogs (although they get Christmas all year long) and one nice thing for each of our sons. We decorate moderately and on Christmas eve go to church. When we come home we have a tradition of placing baby Jesus in the manger. I have a ceramic nativity and I put it up except for Jesus in the cradle since we are awaiting his birth. My youngest son goes and lights all the candles I put out while I play Silent Night on the piano. Everyone sings along. Then when he is done with the candle lighting he places Jesus in the manger. We then let him open his "Gifts".

I will be glad to send email greetings to everyone and I will be wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Maybe we can have a email list so all we need to do is click on the group and everyone gets it!

wolflady
11-09-2001, 11:13 AM
I'm so excited about the mailing list this year! How neat it is that there are so many wonderful friends here, even if we've never really 'met'!!! An emailing group list also sounds like a good idea for those not giving out snail mail addresses :D
Dixieland, what a neat tradition you have with the baby Jesus!! I was so giddy when I read that because my family does that too!! We have a little wooden manger, that over the course of the December month...if one of us in the family does a good deed, they put a piece of straw in the manger when nobody is looking. By the time Christmas eve comes around, the manger is full of hay and we place baby Jesus in there! :D :D :D :D

mugsy
11-09-2001, 12:03 PM
Dixie, I'm glad to hear that someone else is going to simplify too. I think I'm actually looking forward to Christmas this year for the first time in about 15 years. Mike finally decided that he wanted to start going back to church, so I'm sure we will be going to mass on Christmas Eve too.

I just got my newsletter from the SPCA and they are selling Christmas cards at the shelter (obviously for the benefit of the shelter), so I think I'll go there. I try to help them out whenever I can. They are only $1 for 10 cards and they are all dog related!! YEAH!! Another reason I want to go there.

I, too, am looking forward to getting and sending the cards! I hope it will get me more into the Christmas spirit.

jackiesdaisy1935
11-09-2001, 12:24 PM
Dixie and Mugsy, what a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas, I think more people are thinking that way this year. For more years than I care to count I have baked cookies and decorated them for the whole family, this year I decided to let the girls do it.
We used to put up the biggest tree we could find, each year they get smaller. ( It may sound stupid, but I am putting up a red white and blue Christmas tree this year) with red lights on the house. Don just looks at me like :rolleyes:
Our family has all talked about it and we have all decided to cut back. It's hard for me to shop, so I do a lot on line. The New Englanders will understand this, but for one thing I had a case of Autocrat Coffee Syrup shipped out to give some to each of them. We can't get it out here and everybody loves it.
I got different things like that.
I also have a Manger, I bought it probably 40 years ago and it is all "Joseph" figureines. It has a place of honor every year for all these years.
I do go overboard on the dogs I have to admit that and our Grandsons, I'm guilty there.
I think what is happening in the world has brought us much closer to family and back to family values. We don't need things to be happy just our family and friends.
Jackie