PDA

View Full Version : Spring is sprung!!!

AmberLee
02-14-2003, 09:36 PM
Okay, it probably hasn't in most places where people are reading this post yet ...

Yesterday I was really annoyed: I'd had to hand deliver a report to another area due to a mix-up and I got mildly chewed out for it being late. On my way back to my office, I was stopped at a light and suddenly noticed the trees were covered with pink blossoms and the corner bricked area was overflowing with tiny white blossoms (looked like those thumb sized white sweetheart roses) and big yellow daffodils. It was an absolute thrill to see. I wish you could've enjoyed it with me.

Spring IS coming. ;) :p :D

Pam
02-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee

OK if you say so, but with two snow storms heading our way this weekend (one tonight and one Sunday night) it's hard to believe. For now, I'm having a moment of envy just reading your post! :)

popcornbird
02-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Yep! All of the trees in our backyard are covering with white blossoms when they usually don't bloom till late March! :eek: But the cool thing is when the blossoms fall, since its white, it looks like snow! I'll try to get a picture of that! It REALLY looks like we have snow in the backyard when you look from far, but its really just flower petals. :( My dad and brother started getting hay fever already (usually starts late March). "sigh" This winter's weird. The birdies started molting for spring too! Read my thread.........http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21079

iceyshiver21
02-14-2003, 11:23 PM
YAH!!I LOVE SPRING, but there with spring goes my lovley snow. :(

Cinder & Smoke
02-15-2003, 01:14 AM
Spring is sprung?? :confused:

Dad sez...

Spring musta been onna Boat...

Which musta hit a *ice floe* an SUNK onna way to OhIo... :(

DaffyDillz round here ahe shivverin unner a foot a snow! :p

Cookiebaker
02-15-2003, 06:40 AM
I'll hafta take that statement on a leap of faith. It's -25 below this morning...and I am soooooo COLD and SHIVERY. I'm so tired of it.....:(

02-15-2003, 07:06 AM
No blossoms here yet , but I can see some flowers peeking out already !! Yippie !! I LOVE SPRING TOO !!!!:D :D :D

neko1
02-15-2003, 07:26 AM
OK now I'm really jealous!!!! There is absolutely NO hint of spring in New Jersey!!! The trees are bare and I haven't seen my grass since November! It's freezing cold and my driveway and walkway are still full of ice. With more snow on the way, I wonder, will it ever stop?!!:o

popcornbird
02-15-2003, 01:51 PM
I'm going to take a pic of the hint of spring in our backyard! :p

BRB

lynnestankard
02-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Amberlee - you beat me to it!! I was going to post that----------yesterday I saw snowdrops and crocus's!! Only tiny but a real flash of colour - YEP - SPRING IS A CUMIN IN!!!

(PS - Sorry for all you 'Snow bound' folks - keep the faith - the snow will melt!!!!)

:D :D

Lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
02-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Dad sez...
DaffyDillz round here ahe shivverin unner a foot a snow! :p
:eek: DaffyDillz???? You gotz DaffyDillZ???
Here I was excited because I saw 2 robins and noticed the grass (weeds) was turning green in spots!!! Nary a DaffyDillz or crocus in sight!
SIGH:( :D

lizbud
02-15-2003, 07:12 PM
AmberLee,

Well.....I'll take your word for it. I'd dearly love to see Spring
weather SOON. Since Friday we've had rain, freezing rain, snow
and now winds of 25mph and MORE snow. It's FREEZING in
Indiana. Awww, can't wait for Spring, green grass & flowers. :D

Cataholic
02-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Lizbud and Phred are RIGHT! We haven't seen hide nor hair of Spring...though, I did hear next week should get to temps in the 40s!

anna_66
02-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Obviously you haven't seen the 7+ inches of snow in my yard:eek: :p

CountryWolf07
02-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Snow is on the ground here.. no signs of spring, yet.. oh man.. I am sick of the cold, I'm sick of winter. I'm ready for spring, even better, summer. I am ready for Florida in 4 weeks, Florida here I come...

Miss Meow
02-16-2003, 02:38 PM
We've had a couple of cooler days and nights, so hopefully we can send some warm weather up north :)

Yay, a few more days of cool weather are forecast. I'm gonna get my soup pot and make a big pot of sweet potato and coconut soup to celebrate. Woohoo!

AmberLee
02-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
...make a big pot of sweet potato and coconut soup to celebrate. Woohoo!

Yum, sounds great. Can we get the recipe?

Miss Meow
02-16-2003, 06:37 PM
It's in the recipe thread, so I've bumped it :)

AmberLee
02-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks. I'm looking forward to re-reading it, and maybe it'll stick in my memory this time!

:) :rolleyes: (Oh the joys one can have with a lousy memory -- so many things we discover for the first time, many times! :p

NoahsMommy
02-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Popcorn, those pictures are beautiful! I looks like that here too...I just keep hoping they don't loose those blossoms too soon. :) They really are gorgeous.

We have a ton of cherry plum trees, and they are covered in pink blossoms right now. So pretty. :)

neko1
02-17-2003, 05:53 AM
Yikes!! Way too much snow here this morning!!!

Cinder & Smoke
02-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
...The ground beneath the tree looks like it has
snow from afar, but its really white petals!

:confused:

"Spring is Commin..."??

Zaktly WHEN will dat be?

Da "White Petals" piled up a foot deep round Here look an awful lot like *s n o w* ta us! :p

Weez beginnin ta wunder whut Planut Kalifornee-a is ON??!

zippy-kat
02-17-2003, 01:29 PM
The first scorpion is killed!

Yup, squashed that sucker last Thursday night as he was scurryin' thru the kitchen! *groans* It's too early for them!!!

Dakota's Mommy
02-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Yes, I noticed that our backyard tree is budding while I was home for lunch!

RICHARD
02-18-2003, 07:20 PM

right thru the mattress cover! it broke the other day-TWOING!!!!

of course it was all the fault of my fat cat,edward.....;)

lynnestankard
02-19-2003, 07:14 AM
Richard ..........................Owieeee!!!! LOL!

Lynne

harpmom
02-19-2003, 02:51 PM
You have to know where to and what to look for, but my crocus and daffodils are showing about an inch of green! It really feels like spring here today.

But I'm sorta jealous of the east coast and all that snow. We lived in central CT for 15 years and I well remember those monstrous snows and having a good excuse to stay home for a few days.;)

neko1
02-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

(Thinking which planet NJ is on!!! ) :D:D:D

I think Jersey is on a completely different planet than everyone else!! I wish I could switch planets to something warmer and tropical (St. Lucia- 4 more months!!!!)