PDA

View Full Version : surveys uggh!

primabella
02-14-2003, 07:26 PM
some guy just called my house for a survey. i'mnot interested in that stuff so i told him i was too busy to take it. he was so stubborn and kept repeating his question, so i answered it and then said i was too busy to answer any more. he didn't stop and asked another one, so i started getting mad and he told me he'de call back tuesday (after i told him a million times i was too busy) uggh! does anyone else get these kinds of surveys and stubborness from people who call? :mad:

and yes, i felt like a posting a new thread and am really bored :p

RockyRoad
02-14-2003, 07:34 PM
We have caller ID, that way if it says "Unavailible", we know it is either a prank caller or a salesperson. When we didn't have the ID, oh how I'd hate to answer the phone and be asked for my babysitter to take the phone (although I did love it when they asked me if I was my mom;) ):rolleyes: . Ugh.

Nomilynn
02-15-2003, 02:35 AM
I always say, remove my name from your calling list, and then hang up. I've never had a problem when I've asked that question.. I think it's a legal issue if you put that request in.

tomkatzid
02-15-2003, 04:00 AM
We have a service called 'privacy plus'. and those calls don't even ring through to us any more. Nor does my work call, it can't for some reason:D :D :D so I never have to go in early or on my day off. Along with caller ID and call waiting it is $15 extra a month. But well worth it just so work can't reach me:D :D :D

neko1
02-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Yeah I hate those calls!! Usually when I answer, they ask for Mrs. Crowley and since I won't be Mrs. Crowley until June 21st, I tell them that there is no one here by that name. Which is true!

Pam
02-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Yep, Caller ID is the way to go! When I see "Unavailable" I just don't answer. It is annoying to have to pay money each month to keep these people from pestering me but it is well worth it. I hope at some point in the future Telemarketers will be banned. Just my two cents. (My apologies to anyone out there who is a Telemarketer, but there must be a better way to make a living). :rolleyes:

AmylovesMisty
02-15-2003, 08:35 AM
I hate those people!Anyway, we already have this IO Digital Cable or whatever you call it and they keep calling us and saying "do you want one"! Couldn't they send fliers in the mail or something!I just hang up!

primabella
02-15-2003, 10:07 AM
i used to have caller ID but then we got an answering machine and my dad thought it would be a waste to have both so we got rid of the ID. :mad: there are some guys in my class with those jobs...how low :rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
02-15-2003, 10:33 AM
I got a call last week AT WORK from someone selling magazines!! I was busy, and she wouldn't shut up. I hung up, and she called back. Being the only one there, I had to answer it, and well, needless to say, I'll be getting my magazines in the mail soon:rolleyes: