PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Quote (For those with faith...and everyone if you're interested)

NoahsMommy
02-14-2003, 12:58 PM
"Is prayer your steering wheel, or your spare tire?"

My mentor sent this to me....is sure was thought provoking. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-14-2003, 01:51 PM
That's good. It reminds me of the bumper stickers that say, "God is my Co-pilot". I had someone tell me once that God doesn't want to be the co-pilot. He wants to be the pilot and us out of the cockpit completely. That made me smile too.:D

popcornbird
02-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Its my steering wheel. :D:D:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-14-2003, 02:20 PM
I've also heard the one....

Don't drive faster than your angel can fly.

This one made particular sense to me since Terry used to race cars and still likes to get them out on the track now and then. I told him to take heed. ;) :)

NoahsMommy
02-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
That's good. It reminds me of the bumper stickers that say, "God is my Co-pilot". I had someone tell me once that God doesn't want to be the co-pilot. He wants to be the pilot and us out of the cockpit completely. That made me smile too.:D
Exactly! I got a book with the title: Good Morning, this is GOD! I will be handling all your problems today. I will not need your help - so, have a good day. I love you!

Long title, but I totally love it! :) It has some really great inspirations in it...especially when I'm stressed out.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Exactly! I got a book with the title: Good Morning, this is GOD! I will be handling all your problems today. I will not need your help - so, have a good day. I love you!

Long title, but I totally love it! :) It has some really great inspirations in it...especially when I'm stressed out.
Is that book by Joyce Meyer? I think it's one I've been thinking about getting. Is it good? She's such a hoot! I love hearing her preach!:D

NoahsMommy
02-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

Is that book by Joyce Meyer? I think it's one I've been thinking about getting. Is it good? She's such a hoot! I love hearing her preach!:D
Yes! I didn't know she preached! I bet it would be wonderful to hear her! :)

The book is really good, very light hearted. I would recommend it. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Yes! I didn't know she preached! I bet it would be wonderful to hear her! :)

The book is really good, very light hearted. I would recommend it. :)
Yes, she has a program called 'Life in the Word'. It's on Trinity Broadcasting Network every week day morning. Probably way early in the morning out there. It's on at 7:30 am here and we are two hours later than your time. ( It would be about 5:30 am your time. I think). The show is on other stations at different times too. She has such a great sense of humor. :D

NoahsMommy
02-14-2003, 04:15 PM
I'll have to check the listings here...I would love to hear her. :)