PDA

View Full Version : My Big Fat Greek Wedding

slleipnir
02-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? I was thinking I'll rent it tonight, I think I heard it was good???

Logan
02-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Rent it, Audrey. It is priceless! In fact, I'm going to go out and buy it for Helen today. She has been dying to see it, and we (Scott and I) saw it in the theater, but I think we will enjoy seeing it again!

lynnestankard
02-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Audrey - get it - get it - get it!!! It's a really lovely film - well worth seeing. I loved it.

Lynne

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Great fun -- without all the vulgar language and explicit sex....

catland
02-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Is it just a chick flick, or do you thing guys would like it too?

(My honey prefers sci-fi and action movies, but can be convinced to sit through other movies if they are good ones)

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2003, 12:22 PM
I saw it on an airplane and my husband it dying to see it. He has heard about it from his buddies!! He checks on it everytime we go to the video store.....and he prefers movies with lots of violence and body parts!

It is sooo funny....

lynnestankard
02-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Same here - Don loves action hero - blood and guts type films - but he actually went with me to see this - he complained it wasn't hysterical - so I explained it was gentle 'normal' humour. Everyone should see it - I reckon it'll get some mention in the Oscars and Bafta's later this year.

Lynne

Barbara
02-14-2003, 12:48 PM
It's great fun and heartwarming at the same time. For girls anyway but I think a man can stand it. Rent it!

(It's difficult to say from my man. He loves movies from very foreign countries in the original language and I'm glad I got him to Lord of the Rings:rolleyes: )

Dixieland Dancer
02-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by catland
Is it just a chick flick, or do you thing guys would like it too?

My hubby and I went to see it and he actually was belly laughing at some of the scenes! It takes a lot for him to laugh out loud at movies too! :rolleyes:

I think part of why we enjoyed it so much is because my step mom is from a large family (13 brothers and sisters) and their family is a lot like the family in the movie! He hated having to meet everyone when he started dating me but now he loves doing family things! Even getting his cheeks pinched by a few of the Aunts!!! :eek:

My opinion is it is one of the best films I have seen in a while!! :D

CountryWolf07
02-14-2003, 02:34 PM
I have the dvd.. my mom got it for her birthday few days ago.. oh my goodness, it's HILARIOUS!

slleipnir
02-14-2003, 02:46 PM
I rented it, and just finished watching it. I liked it! It was funny :D

Kfamr
02-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Lol, we watched it in school today, i ended up falling asleep, i didn't like it.

mugsy
02-14-2003, 04:36 PM
My school roomie said that it's riotus, so I can't wait to see it. She has the DVD and is bringing it to school on Monday so I can take it home and watch it.

Cookiebaker
02-14-2003, 05:35 PM
I want to see this sooo bad...I went to the video store tonight, and they were sold out. So next time though!!

NoahsMommy
02-14-2003, 05:39 PM
I saw it with a friend who's culture is similair to the Greek culture and she said it was really accurate! It was really, really funny! I want the DVD. :)

Aspen and Misty
02-14-2003, 05:42 PM
I didn't really like it either Kayann.

Ash

Kfamr
02-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
I didn't really like it either Kayann.

Ash
It wasn't really funny, I like Adam Sandler movies, they're great, and more of action movies... or just the best movies, like the lion king. :D

Aspen and Misty
02-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

It wasn't really funny, I like Adam Sandler movies, they're great, and more of action movies... or just the best movies, like the lion king. :D

Me to! LOL. Adam Sandler rocks! Lion King is one of my fav to!

Ash

primabella
02-14-2003, 07:11 PM
adam sandler is *hilarious* my fave movie from him was "billy madison" that movie was hilarious :) lion king is also an amazing movie. i have always liked it.

i loved my big fat greek wedding.:D my dad also liked it, which is weird cause he doesn't like romance-comedies. i liked it most because it related a lot to the italian culture (in my opinion) which is what made it funnier. my family is also huge, and (really) loud and we're always cooking. you also have to "marry an italian' well, they don't stress this ;)
good movie, i say :)

catland
02-17-2003, 01:46 PM
I rented it Friday and it was very cute. Not a super laugh-out-loud funny, but funny none the less. Here on the west coast, we just don't have the ethnic neighborhoods like they do back east.

My husband really liked it because he lived in Philly for a few years before I met him and he knew an Italian family that was very similar to the Greek family in the movie.

Dakota's Mommy
02-18-2003, 01:41 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but the more I hear about it, the more I'd like to! It look good.

RockyRoad
02-18-2003, 01:46 PM
Wasn't that in theaters a month ago? How on Earth did it come out on DVD/Video so fast?! I don't really like comedies and things, I love horror movies, especially ones with lots of sudden pop-ups and suprises. I can't stand a movie where nothing is going on except talking and stuff. I recently saw Cath Me If You Can, and it was really opposite of my liking. But I do like a bunch of comedies, my fave movies are the Austin Powers series. I heard MBFGW was a great movie, so maybe I'll rent it. :)

Kfamr
02-18-2003, 01:49 PM
My favorite Adam Sandler movie is happy gilmor... especially when he fights bob barker rofl. Waterboy as great too.

Logan
02-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Lol, we watched it in school today, i ended up falling asleep, i didn't like it.

You watched it at school??? :confused: I think I'd fuss if Helen were watching movies at school!! Sorry to sound like a mom, KayAnn. :o

Maybe older adults, who have been through a wedding, courting, etc, or like me, were getting ready to get married in a couple of weeks, enjoyed it more. I thougth it was lighthearted and hilarious. That's just about the only kind of movie I like anymore....things that don't make me think too much!! :D