PDA

View Full Version : The lion/cat!

jonza
02-14-2003, 10:11 AM
I don't know if this story is true or not, (or funny really), but I couldn't resist posting it.

"My sister-in law is from Oklahoma and has a slight accent. She has cats and when she lived in the south she would take them to the groomers and have what is called a Line Cut. To her a line cut is when all of the fur hanging down below the cat's tummy is taken off (because it gets matted or snarled).

When she moved to Chicago with my brother, one of the cats fur got all tangled up during the move so she took it in for a line cut. She was quite surprised when she heard the price as it was twice as much as it was down south. She confirmed with the groomer that he understood what a line cut was and he said "yes, I know what a LION cut is."

It seems her accent came out sounding like LION not LINE and this is how her cat was returned to her. (see PHOTOS) She cried for a week...but not as much as the cat. It was November in Chicago and the cat needed all the fur it had."

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p66aba77a784c8f87a6ccbae9084c2333/fca429f9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p002fb993445d6b9852520c6072124711/fca429f8.jpg

john

02-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by jonza
I don't know if this story is true or not !
john

I surely hope it is not ... poor kitty :( :( :(

Barbara
02-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Hmmm. If it's not right it must be a photoshop wizard who did it.

Poor kitty. And the furry parts look so beautiful. The good thing: it will grow again.

Chinadoll
02-14-2003, 11:44 AM
I've seen this email before. Don't know if that particular story is true or not...but the pics are real. I know someone on another board who has her cats shaved like that twice a year. Her pics look almost exactly like that cut...so I don't think anyone altered those pics in photoshop. Poor poor kitty...all your gorgeus fur. Her reason for shaving her cats like that are that they have really long fur that she tries to groom but doesn't get it the way it should be so they get mats of tangled hair and they're prone to hair balls if they don't get shaved every so often.

From the e-mail that I saw it also added at the bottom:
Gas in car to go to groomers...$4.50

Cat carrier...............$30.00

Grooming fee..................$80.00

Getting the look from one seriously ticked off cat...Priceless!

BastetsMum
02-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Its reccommended here in Australia that long haired cats get the *Lion Cut* during the summer months because the temperatures here can reach the mid-40's (degrees celcuis - I don't know whta it is in farenheit degrees). Its mainly for comfort reasons for the cat - not really for anything else. I could not imagine walking around in a heavy fur coat during our summer!

NoahsMommy
02-14-2003, 03:56 PM
I saw that! All I could think of was my poor Noah if that happened to him. Poor kitty!! :(

RICHARD
02-14-2003, 05:31 PM
THAT was probably one of the funniest things i have seen.

when eddie lived with his mom, he would get the 'lion cut'
and when i'd visit i would laugh and laugh when he'd walk into the room........she would tell me, 'don't laugh at him, you'll hurt his feelings.......' yeah sure......

that picture confirms the fact that animals do have feeling.....

smokey the elder
02-15-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by BastetsMum
Its reccommended here in Australia that long haired cats get the *Lion Cut* during the summer months because the temperatures here can reach the mid-40's (degrees celcuis - I don't know whta it is in farenheit degrees). Its mainly for comfort reasons for the cat - not really for anything else. I could not imagine walking around in a heavy fur coat during our summer!

Mid 40's C for us non metric folks is some 112 degrees Fahrenheit-hot as h*ll.

catsofmine66
02-15-2003, 09:24 AM
poor cat,some people aren't even cut out for hearing these days!!!It would be kind of cute if he let at least a buzz cut instead of nothing!!he looks like he's wearing boots!!

Give that cat a BIG hug from me cat(christine)

Cat,owned by max,puff,candy,fluffy,candy,foxy,and a hermit crab.:)

catmandu
02-15-2003, 09:37 AM
:cool: I love Cina Dolls take off on the American Express commercial! Priceless Indeed! Sheba the Himalayan has to be groomed , she is long haired , but bless the lord , not that lion cut! Thank God!:rolleyes:

Cataholic
02-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Well, it is not an attractive look, IMHO!! I love their fur, and hide in Tenny's sometimes (trust me, it is possible).

As to the reason to shave it off b/c of the heat...I have 'heard' that the hair is an insulator- both ways...and that without the hair, they can over heat, too, cause it interferes with somthing?? Anyone else hear that???

BastetsMum
02-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Thanks Smokey the Elder! :)