PDA

View Full Version : WHERE DOES YOUR DOG SLEEP AT NIGHT?

jackiesdaisy1935
04-25-2001, 05:46 PM
Daisy sleeps in the big bed with us, she has her own pillow and sleeps all night, we usually go to bed at nine and up at six thirty and she never moves a muscle. On the other hand Perry will only sleep in his crate. I felt sorry for him and left his crate door open so he could come up with us, but he whined until I went downstairs and closed his crate door. For some reason he loves being in his crate.

http://schnauzerville.homestead.com/files/schnauzer.gif
http://community.webshots.com/user/jackiesdaisy65

[This message has been edited by jackiesdaisy1935 (edited May 07, 2001).]

Pam
04-25-2001, 05:50 PM
Bella is still too young to be trustworthy so she sleeps in her crate. We have moved the crate out of the bedroom though because she tosses and turns at night and I was loosing sleep! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif I sort of hope she doesn't want to sleep in bed with me because she will be about 50-55 lbs. when grown and that will be a little tight. Our previous standard poodle had a wicker basket by the bed which she slept in and seemed to enjoy so maybe Bella will do the same.

PS...Jackie your little tiny pictures are adorable. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pam (edited April 25, 2001).]

aly
04-25-2001, 05:58 PM
Reece likes to sleep in bed with me but every time he does, he gets up in the middle of the night and pees in the kitchen. It doesn't matter how many times I have him go to the bathroom before bed, he'll still do this. I've had to crate him most nights until we can fix this habit. The crate is in my room and he keeps an eye on me so he doesn't mind sleeping in there.

Harley slept with me occasionally but he really preferred his crate. I don't know why he loved that thing so much but he would go in there for naps a lot.

*BaSim*
04-25-2001, 06:02 PM
Simba sleeps in my bed with me or should i sleep in his bed with him? My bed is against the wall and he sleeps with his back against the wall and his feet spread out towards me. I sleep on the edge of the bed. And when Simba stretches at night he kicks me off the bed with his legs. he takes over my pillows and blankets. He has his own bed with the ceader chips in it and he even has a Pillow with little doggies and he has 3 stuffed animals that he has stolen from me in it. One is a dalmaton stuffed animal, another is a brown bear, and the 3rd is a Tommy Hilfiger lion but he doesn't sleep in it much. But i dont mind he keeps me warm at night and sometimes when his face is really close to mine he even slips a little kiss in!

------------------
http://PetoftheDay.com/online/SimBa2.jpg

*.KayAnn.*&Simba*RuFf*

RachelJ
04-25-2001, 07:19 PM
Hannah is up on the big bed on top of the covers, slapped up right next to her dad. Tucker has a dog bed right next to my side of the bed. Most nights he starts out in the big bed under the covers cradled in my arm. When I start to change positions more than once, he jumps out onto his dog bed and sleeps the night there. In the morning he is back up in the big bed under the covers for more snuggling. He is getting into the habit of wanting to go out in the middle of the night. He gets up and does one shake of his collar tags and I'm awake. It's not a problem because our bedroom is on the first floor and I make a quick trip to the bathroom myself and in two minutes we are both back to bed.

Logan
04-25-2001, 07:27 PM
You know what, Jackie? Mine sleep wherever they want to!! If it is warm, they end up on the floor in the hallway or one of our bedrooms, but if it is chilly, you can count on one dog and one cat in Helen's bed and the same in mine! And sometimes there might be two dogs in Helen's bed with a cat, but NEVER two cats!!! LOL

KYS
04-25-2001, 09:13 PM
Mine sleep where every they want too. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif
Pepper sleeps on the bed.
I have a dog crate on each side of
the bed for the large dogs.
Since Sheba has arthitis now, she no
longer sleeps in her crate but will
sleep by the foot of the bed on the floor.
Since Sheba no longer sleeps in her crate
Rocky no longer wants to sleep inside his either.

Jasper's Mom
04-26-2001, 06:56 AM
My Sandy is so good and trustworthy, he can sleep anywhere he wants to. He chooses my youngest son's room, mostly in bed with him, but sometimes on his floor. If my son leaves before I get up, Sandy comes to sleep next to my bed. Sandy loves his crate but since we have extra family sharing our home right now, it had to be folded up and stored for a while.

But Moses, at ll months, is never trusted while we are gone or asleep. Not so much as a chance to potty on the floor, but he picks my NEW couch to sleep on even tho we kept the old one just for the dogs. He does like to sleep in bed with me too, crawling from my feet, then next to me, and then face to face, licking and licking my face all night. So for now, until he can obey house rules, he sleeps in the kitchen.

My Jasper kitty used to sleep with me every night, and sometimes both dogs would join us for a while. It was so fun and cozy for us all.

Corinna
04-26-2001, 09:35 AM
Merlin has slept with me at the bottom of the bed since he was 10 wks old. he's a great foot warmer for my always cold diabetic feet. It's like he knows and moves on to them as I move around at night.

Stenograsaurus
04-26-2001, 11:22 AM
Dakota, my husky, who is ALWAYS warm, sleeps on the bathroom floor where it is cooler. I have a bathroom in my bedroom. Patience, my Shepherd, sleeps in different locations depending on her mood. She usually starts out sleeping in front of the bedroom door but ends up in our bed in the middle of the night. If there is a storm she tried to lie underneath me. There is no sleeping during these times. Her crate is downstairs and she lies in there a lot during the day for her naps. I think it's cooler for her. Dakota prefers to take his naps outside. He has a nice hole dug under the porch for himself. He LOVES it out there.

bugmom
04-26-2001, 11:53 AM
bug sleeps under the covers on the bed with me. at first she started out on a doggie bed next to my bed. after the first surgery i let her on the bed. by the third surgery she was under the covers and snoring softly. i didn't have the heart to move her - she had just been through WAY way too much!
she used to stay at the feet (lovely warmer in the winter time!) now she's stretching out next to me and going for the pillow. Except she like the pillow over her head. a great morning snuggle - she knows what "five more minutes" means and "but its saturday!".
jka

Albea
04-26-2001, 12:34 PM
My Golden girl Carina stays on my bed watching TV until I say "It's time to go to sleep." Then she jumps down and goes I don't know where because she only comes back to the bedroom after about 5 minutes to sleep on her bed, next to mine, for the rest of the night. It's very funny, because she never goes directly to her bed from mine. I wonder what she's doing during that time. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/confused.gif
Also, she always goes up my bed on the left side and down on the right. Nothing changes that routine. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

nsweezie
04-26-2001, 02:42 PM
I have 2 cats, and a dog. All 3 of them sleep in bed with me. And they all feel that they should get just as much room as me. So it can be a tight squeeze. But of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sudilar
04-26-2001, 02:52 PM
Shiloh sleeps on my bed at my feet. (102 lb. GSD). Killian, the 110lb. GSD is on guard duty all night. He moves around and checks on everyone at night and sleeps in various spots. In the morning, he is usually on the floor in my room.

ownerof3dogs
04-26-2001, 04:05 PM
Hercules sleeps with me in my twin bed(remember he's 105 lbs, hardly any room for me)
Zeus sleep under my bed and so does Felice

Rottie
04-26-2001, 04:16 PM
Carl sleeps in my room on his bed (on the floor). About once every two months he sleeps in his crate to remind him who the alpha is.

ilovehounds
04-26-2001, 04:27 PM
Hannah sleeps in bed with me, under the covers with her head on the pillow all four legs up in the air every so often rolling to either side. She sleeps all night never leaving the bed. she has slept like that from the first day I brought her home.

Copper is an outside dog (he is scared of being in the house, he paces and pees on the floor. We think its another fear he has from his past abusive life) he sleeps in a stall in the barn with a bed, a blanket, and a big box full of straw. We gave him a these to choose from. He pulled the blanket outside to sleep on till it gets dark then he goes in and sleeps in the box. We had hoped he would get over the fear of the house but it has been a year and still no luck.

Baby's Momma
04-26-2001, 09:38 PM
My little Boston Terrier Baby sleeps under the covers at the foot of our bed all night long. Unless she needs to make a stop outside ,we have a doggie door so they come & go as they wish at all times . my Boxer Sargent sleeps mostly on his bed behind my recliner in the living room , but he also sleeps in our room on the floor or in one of my sons beds if there gone or on the couch or where ever he pleases.

aly
04-26-2001, 11:13 PM
Corinna - I'm diabetic too. I was just diagnosed with Type 1 almost a year ago. I find its so much easier to cope with since I have my animals. They always give me a shoulder to cry on if when the disease gets hard to deal with. Shiloh has even woke me up once when I was getting a hypoglycemic attack. There was a chance I wouldn't have woken up and that would have been bad. She sat by my head meowing and touching her paws to my face like she was frantic. It was really amazing.

petspoil
04-27-2001, 01:09 AM
All my 3 dogs sleep on the bed. One will sleep on the pillow and one will sleep with her head on my shoulder. And the other one will sleep at my husband's side.

Jasper's Mom
04-27-2001, 07:18 AM
It's so great that everyone else has animals that love to sleep with them too. Love it.

RachelJ
04-27-2001, 08:53 AM
One of my previous dogs, Bailey, occasionally liked to sleep on the pillow above my head, like a "dog hat".

Corinna
04-27-2001, 10:03 AM
Aly I'm type 2 for 4 years now. Hubby got merlin for me for a couple reasons . One the diabetes(merlin can tell when I'm way too high on sugars a bonus) kids are almost all gone ,and almost lost hubby to cancer so I needed some one to keep me company if I was alone. I couldn't have coped with it all if i hadn't had Merlin to cry in to (sure beats hurting my hand beating the shower walls) He has the full face smile that greets me every time I come home.

karen israel
04-27-2001, 02:38 PM
My Cody,(the big galoot) totally kicked me out of my single bed when he stretched out. It was a struggle to get unwwrapped from the covers since he was on top of the bed keeping them down (help! I'm strangling!)The 1st time he softly snarled when I attempted to release myself from suffocating, that was it! Off! Off! Off! Then I stretched out so he couldn't jump back on! He does nap on my bed and jumps un in the morning and and night when I changing ( God forbid I get any privacy)but due to a back problem I've been hunkering down on the family room couch. Even though he sleeps in the foyer or anywhere he wants, the family room is sooo cool that I notice he is almost always leaning up against the couch or in the room with me. I love reaching down and petting him at night or being awaken by a teeny kiss on the nose!
Albea...I think your gorgeous girl does her beauty treatment thing in the few minutes you don't see her before bed! Maybe that's her secret for being a knockout!
It is soo amazing how our pets can sense something is wrong. Cody is the same with my dad. I totally empathize with Corinna! There's nothing like the love of your dog to keep you going. I sincerely hope you are feeling ok and will say a prayer that you all stay well. A sniff of Frito feet, a peanut butter tongued kiss, a paw slap and those big browners sure make me feel better!!

minpinmom
04-27-2001, 03:58 PM
Our 5 Min Pins all sleep in the bed with us. Our queen size bed started getting crowded as the pups got older so we bought a new king size bed. They start out under the cover but by morning they are on top.

Daisy's Mom
04-28-2001, 09:45 PM
Daisy sleeps with me in my bed. She likes to have her head on my pillow and she loved to curl up and snuggly. Although she has her own pillow on her other side of the bed, she likes to push me to very edge. I don't mind, she's my baby!

shais_mom
04-28-2001, 11:11 PM
Shaianne sleeps on my bed either beside me or at my feet. The other day, I was taking a nap before work and I was on the bed, she was beside me, a pillow beside her, and a body pillow beside me, talk about sandwhiched!!! I could barely move, but was snuggly warm!!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif