PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Kitty Treats???

shais_mom
02-14-2003, 12:12 AM
What is/are your favorite Kitty treats?
Kylie's are hands down the Purina Right Bites Hairball formula. She would run thru fire for those!!! And she like the Whisker lickin's double delights, And the Whiskas KRUNCH that go in her treat ball.
She does not like at all the purrfections and the temptations. The kind with the stuff inside, Keegan ends up getting those most of the time!!! :o :eek: :rolleyes:

Nomilynn
02-14-2003, 02:52 AM
My cats like the temptations or the purina whisker lickins soft. They REALLY hate that wet food that comes in a pouch.

Housh
02-14-2003, 04:54 AM
Nellie loves Wiskas' Temptations.

HayleyRosie
02-14-2003, 05:45 AM
Hayley loves Pounce Treats. She loves every flavor. She will now eat the Temptations but not if there is Pounce around!

tomkatzid
02-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Kelcee only likes Natures Recipe treats. They are tarter controll ,so they might be good for her. She won't even try any other kind.

Chinadoll
02-14-2003, 11:47 AM
I don't really like to give packaged treats...other than maybe some for hairballs, I don't see any nutritional value in them. For a treat I usually give pieces of baked chicken or turkey(skinless, no bones).

That being said, I do very rarely give WhiskerLickins treats. Gigi LOVES them.

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2003, 12:14 PM
Sara Lee Honey Roasted Turkey -- sliced very thin!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

catland
02-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Sid - doesn't care for treats
Jan - coffee beans
Joxer - barbequed pork

RICHARD
02-14-2003, 01:32 PM
new flavors-- turkey and seafood medley...

and the funniest commercial...

picture a guy w/bag of temptations in hand.
he reaches in and says something like.....i like these even tho
there is a cat on the front of the bag.....the announcer gives his pitch and the commercial ends with the guy saying, 'can i have a drink of water?"

eddie SCREAMS for these....he hears the package, cries, and jumps up to see what's in the bag....

his new treat? pastrami.

Barbara
02-14-2003, 02:37 PM
I will have to buy Temptations when I go to the US in May. I have to check them out with the local cat gang :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-14-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
I will have to buy Temptations when I go to the US in May. I have to check them out with the local cat gang :D

You might want to bring an extra suitcase so you can bring lots and lots of them home, because it's just about guaranteed that your kitties will love them, and like Eddie, will scream for them. Peanut did, and Tubby screams for any treat. ;) :D (Gee, wonder how he got to be so tubby?) ;)

BastetsMum
02-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Whiskas Dentabits

Peas - go figure

Honey roasted chicken sliced thinly :rolleyes:

Small pieces of Elba Cheese

NoahsMommy
02-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Why is it that the ones that NEED tarter control, don't chew them???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Noah: TURKEY, broccoli (yea, I know), Temptations, Whisker Lick'ins, the new fancy Pounce treats. He doesn't like the dental treats from the vet though. Interesting...Noah will now only eat the treats if he eats from my hand...how cute is that? Its a new thing for him.

Noel: TURKEY, anything sweet, goldfish crackers, all cat treats-especially the freeze-dried shrimp.

Basil: HATES soft treats...but LOVES turkey and all crunchy cat treats.

Olivia: LOVES it all! :)

RICHARD
02-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Barbara

send some back via mail so your hands won't be so full!

slick
02-14-2003, 06:24 PM
Neither Max or Speckles will eat the real kitty treats however Max will climb over backwards for a piece of melted cheddar cheese. Speckles will sing for a piece of honey ham or any other smoked meat. They both love tuna (although I don't give it to them at all any more) cooked chicken and roast beef. Because of the special diets they are on they only get treats every couple of months.

I accidentally left open a container of Ricotta cheese and Max was in there like a dirty shirt. Added a new flavour to the lasagne I was making...:D I do seem to recall he enjoyed a lick or two of vanilla ice cream once.

Tina
02-14-2003, 07:41 PM
My kitties like the pounce treats and Wiskas Temptations.

AmberLee
02-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Cassy and Livvy seem to have lost their taste for Whiskas and Pouce -- just after I stocked up on it, too. They still love the really thinly sliced lunch meat (yep, the honey roasted turkey's the best...) and they LOVE Cat-sip brand milk. One of the local store's just started carrying it: it's processed to remove the lactos and add taurine (sp for both???) so it's great for cats. It looks a little like carmel milk, but you should see them go for it.

Miss Meow
02-14-2003, 11:58 PM
They discovered their daddy's lunch ham and let's just say he didn't get any :)

BBQ chicken, small pieces of cheese, cooked fish, canned tuna drives them wild too. They eat canned and sachet food, but they don't consider it a treat
:rolleyes:

smokey the elder
02-15-2003, 08:02 AM
Mobius, Diamond, Diva and Bosun will mug you for chicken or lamb. Moby would love a pork rib but she can't have it. Diamond is the worst about human food: she likes potato chips, Cheezits, cheddar cheese, and vanilla ice cream. Because we do so many preps with onions I'm really careful about what I let them sample.

Commercial cat treats? Please!:D

Cataholic
02-15-2003, 10:22 AM
After reading from you all about Temptations, I went out and bought some. My cats just don't like it. Dakky will eat them, "if pressed"...but, the others turn their noses.

All of my cats go mad for pounce...as long as it isn't stale. None of them care for the hard treats...again, except for Dakky. Allie eats almost none of it.

My cats all go for skim milk, ice cream, and yoguart.

But, no one but Tex really really craves the meat. Tex will eat cheese, cantaloupe (which I have read is pretty common for cats), barbeque chips (very small pieces), sweets, bread..and yet, he still is such a skinny boy.

Nicole, what are 'sachet' foods?

catlady1945
02-15-2003, 12:18 PM
Temptations, hands down. Ginger is especially nutty for them. Second favourite is Whisker Lickins.

catmandu
02-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Joseph , like Ricahrds pal Eddie , goes nuts , screams for Whiskas Temptations! I have to limit him or he will eat them instead of his regular food!