PDA

View Full Version : 2-14-2002 PT changed my life

momoffuzzyfaces
02-13-2003, 06:41 PM
One year ago tomorrow I was gazing at the picture of the Cat of the Day when I noticed a 'talk about the Cat of the Day' button. I wasn't sure about that. I'd heard STORIES about chat rooms and message boards but decided to be brave and clicked on it. My what I saw!!! I spent about an hour just looking and reading then I saw it... a thread started by Freckles saying: "I'm so embarrassed" in the General section. Turns out she and others of us were just discovering we could talk about the COTD. I jumped right in. It has been a wild and wonderful experience ever since.

Before I joined PT, I spent most of my day in bed. I have disabeling arthritis and fibromyalgia and am in constant pain. Lots of days the only reason I got up at all was to take care of my cats. Now I have another reason. I fell in love with PT and the people on it. It didn't take long before I felt right at home. During this first year I've met the most wonderful people in the world and came to love their animals almost like my own. I've made some wonderful friends, some who have become very close. I've cried with you, and laughed with you, and been comforted by you when my Leroy went to the RB. I just wanted to let you all know how much you all mean to me.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL MY VALENTINES ON PET TALK!!!:D

catland
02-13-2003, 06:47 PM
That's so touching. I wasn't aware of your health problems. That should make me think twice when I whine about my job or my life in general.

I was a lurker for many months before I took the plunge and signed up and I'm so glad that I did. I'm not even a .5 blabbermouth yet, but it doesn't mean that I haven't been reading the posts.

Happy Valentines day to you too, and to all the other PetTalkers and their furry and feathered friends.

neko1
02-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Aww that is so sweet!!! I also looked at cotd for awhile and just never went to the talk button till I wanted to say something and whammo I'm addicted. I too have found some wonderful people to talk to that are just like me! (it's a shame they live so far away...)
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

tatsxxx11
02-13-2003, 07:43 PM
We here on Pet Talk are the lucky ones, for having found such a kind, caring and compassionate friend such as you Connie!:) I think we all came upon Pet Talk serendipitously. But what a happy surprise! Funny thing is, you think you'll just "stop by" for a peek and you end up staying for good! And the reason is the wonderful members and all of their beautiful furkids that make this such a special place! I'm so grateful for all of the support, advice, kindness, humor and love my fellow Pet Talkers have shown me! And I'm especially grateful for the deep friendships I have forged here. And Connie, you are right there at the top of the list! Congratulations on your 1st anniversary dear friend! And thank you to Pet Talk for blessing me with such a loving friend!:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-13-2003, 07:44 PM
What a wonder ful post!!!!:D And we are so glad you are here! I too was a little leery before I started chatting.... I don't get on the internet at all unless I am reading the newspaper or on Pet Talk. The internet it just too trashy every where you look... but to my surprise when I joined this was going to become my second home! I was so joyed to meet so many kind hearted animal lovers! :D :D :D

moosmom
02-13-2003, 08:01 PM
Mom,

Thank you for such a wonderful tribute!

What I said before bears repeating (although you COULD blame it on age :D). Everyone here has become connected by a special bond, our love for our pets. And it's that bond that has made us such wonderful, close caring people.

I truly don't know what I would've done if it hadn't been for everyone here's support, love and compassion. I took a big step moving 663 miles away. It was very difficult in the beginning. But you all gave me strength, courage and judspah (sp?) to try something different for the very first time in my life.

After everything that has happened in my short time in Michigan, you were there, maybe not physically, but emotionally and spiritually. And for that I say, I love you all very much.

And a special THANK YOU to Paul and Karen for creating this special place.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

Logan
02-13-2003, 08:19 PM
Connie,
I expressed my feelings to you the other day on the "when did you join" thread, but I'll say it again. You are counted among the most loyal and caring of all Pet Talkers to me. And I feel that others probably agree with me whole heartedly on that one.
Just love you dearly!!! You make all of our days brighter.
Happy Anniversary!!! :)
Logan

lizbud
02-13-2003, 08:57 PM
MOFF,

Connie, you are an inspiration to me everyday. I am SO glad
you decided to jump on in at PT. I sort of did the same thing
really, I always checked Pet, Dog & Cat of the day but never
even thought about posting a message.I've never joined any
other Board before or since. I'm so glad we all got to "meet"
and get to know each other a little bit. Thanks for being here
and happy PT anniversary to you. :D :D :D Liz .

sammi
02-13-2003, 09:09 PM
:) What a lovely thing to say! Glad that you have enjoyed it here so much. Its things like this that make Pet Talk what it should be. Enjoy your posts too!;)

zippy-kat
02-13-2003, 09:16 PM
And it changed ours too, Connie---all for the better!!

What a dear friend you have become--I cherish each of your posts and hope there are many more that follow!

Much luv,
Tonya

Karen
02-13-2003, 10:35 PM
We are so glad that, one year ago, you decided to take the plunge and join this gang! You contribute to the community by just being who you are, and loving your kitties - and now all of us love your kitties, and you, too!

Posts like this make me grin and go Aaaawwww, and as soon as I read it, I showed it to Paul, too. (I just happened to see it first!) We are glad you make Cat of the Day and Pet Talk part of your day, and we hope to bring you many grins, giggles and just plain love in the years to come! :)

P.S. I'm still grinning typing this! :D

Hugs all around!

Former User
02-14-2003, 03:08 AM
http://www.gifpix.de/Blumen/00002141.gif http://www.gifpix.de/Blumen/00002141.gif

Ummm, not much left for me to say. Connie, you are an amazing person, you have a wonderful sense of humour, you have encouraging words, funny stories etc. you just are the best! One of the friends I've made here, and I sure am glad you came to check out the forum part too. All the things we would have missed if you didn't. I'm glad you are here Connie, it is an honour to know you and to be your friend. LOVE YA!

Happy Valentine's Day! Well, between friends it's called Frienship Day in Finland. So, Happy Friendship Day!

http://www.gifpix.de/Blumen/00002141.gif http://www.gifpix.de/Blumen/00002141.gif

02-14-2003, 03:12 AM
What a sweet post you created here !!!
I am so sorry to hear that you have such serious health-problems too:( :( . But I am also happy to hear that , just like me , you found so much comfort in this forum Pettalk !! I cannot agree with you more , Pettalk is the very best:D :D I do not know what I would begin without all my great friends here ! They are all always there , in good and bad days ! Pets are the best things in our lifes ; they soften our sorrows , make us happy , etc...!
Thanks for this great thread Connie !! (ps. you joined about 2 weeks before I did !! , he he)
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/clipart/catsntea.gif

ps. sorryI forgot , HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY everyone !!!

Miss Meow
02-14-2003, 03:52 AM
Happy anniversary Connie :) You are a PetTalk pillar in the true sense of the word. You may have gained a lot from coming here, but we also have gained so much from your presence :)

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

Vio&Juni
02-14-2003, 06:38 AM
I think I started chatting around the beginning of spring too, but you are far ahaid me. I wish I had more time to post here.
PetTalk is a part of my life too, my day is not complete if I don't check what's going on here.

lynnestankard
02-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Aww Connie - You've reduced me to tears. What a wonderful thread. You're so loved and I for one enjoy all your posts - and no I wasn't aware of your health problems - believe me a wonderful shining lady glows from your posts! I'm so glad that one day you decided to press a certain button!
Happy Valentine's Day to you - and everyone {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

Randi
02-14-2003, 07:19 AM
Congratulations on your Anniversary Connie!

I too love Pet Talk and having you here with us, makes it so much better! ;) I enjoy your posts immensely - you have a wonderful sense of humour and you are always so thoughtful and caring. :) I'm so glad you joined! :D

http://www.coolgifs.de/pflanzen/n_blu049.gif       http://www.coolgifs.de/pflanzen/n_blu049.gif

Happy Valentines day, everybody! :)

Pam
02-14-2003, 08:14 AM
Connie I too am so glad to have 'met' you and, just like you, I had never joined any type of chat/bulletin board before for exactly the same reasons. I think a very special group of people have been attracted to this board because of the love they see expressed in the posts here. You have certainly contributed in this past year to the loving theme of this site. Your posts are always thoughtful and encouraging. Happy Anniversary, and how fitting that you joined on Valentine's Day!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Pam
I think a very special group of people have been attracted to this board because of the love they see expressed in the posts here.

I think you hit it on the head there, Pam. :) Some boards are just whiny people who are just looking to pick fights all the time. This one is completely different, and is the most wonderful place.

Connie, I love all your posts and your humor. I'm so glad you found PT to help you forget about your pain. PT is the next best thing to have when you're not feeling well - next to a real live kitty that is. ;) :D Yes, there are sad times, but there are also many, many more happy times when just seeing everyone's kitties makes me smile. A day doesn't go by that someone doesn't post a picture of their babies doing something goofy, and who can feel bad when you've got crazy kitties to look at? ;) :)

Happy Valentine's day to you too, Connie and to everyone here in Pet Talk Land. :)

Barbara
02-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Connie,
I also did not know about your health problems. It is so sweet what you wrote about PT.
For me it's true too. This board shows the good side of being a human: finding compassionate people with whom to share joy and grief.
Happy Valentine's day to all

Dixieland Dancer
02-14-2003, 12:50 PM
HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSAY CONNIE!!!

I miss most of your posts because I am a dog thread person and don't make it to the cat side often but I realize from all the wonderful things everyone is saying here that you are a special part of Pet Talk! :D

I wish you many many more years of happiness talking about your wonderful furkids!!! :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-14-2003, 03:39 PM
One other thing PT taught me: I now know more about Klamz and Klamz Juice than I ever dreamed possible!!!:eek:

Thanks for all your wonderful replies. Just shows why I love PT so much.:D