PDA

View Full Version : help...

RICHARD
02-12-2003, 05:30 PM
kinda funny, depending on where you are at.....

my brother caught a rat in the garage, by the tail, and decided to
do the right thing..he placed the rat into the coffee can...he then drove it over to the dam to release the rat....when he opened the coffee can the rat jumped out onto the ledge of the
car door turned and said, "i'll grant you one wish......."

my brother's wish?

how to get the rat out of the heater....it 'turned tail', ran across the dash and jumped into the heater vent.....

(later he said, 'that's what i get for being dr doolittle......)

what to do??????

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Now that is a weird prediciment!!! I have no idea how to help your brother. Where does the heater vent lead to? Maybe an opening so the rat could jump outside?!!?

zippy-kat
02-12-2003, 10:06 PM
maybe he didn't want to be a 'dam' rat? *shrug*

On a serious note... OMG! Just wait him out? Wonderin' if Sara's right... maybe there's an opening to the outside?

Ann
02-13-2003, 02:35 AM
I have absolutely no knowledge when it comes to cars, but can't you open the heater thingy somehow and get the rat out?

And major kudos to your brother for being so nice to the little rat!

luckies4me
02-13-2003, 12:10 PM
He should have sent it to me lol. I could always use another ratty. Whatever you do, you need to get him out fast because if he gets out soon don't expect ANYTHING in the car to work. He will eat anything and everything he can sink his teeth into.

First you need to find out if the rat is domestic or wild. Chances are, it's domestic, as a wild rat would rear up and bite you. If it is domestic you can take him to the vets or animal shelter and they will find a home for him. Domestic rats cannot live outside! He will die!

You need to take the car into a shop...I doubt the rat will come out on his own. Or you can buy a live rat trap (not with poison!) and leave it in the car or near it with some food and he will probably walk into it and then you can safely do what you must with the rat.

When people don't want rats anymore they usually throw them in peoples dumpsters...and I am So serious!

popcornbird
02-13-2003, 12:26 PM
*gulp* If that happened to me, I would faint! :eek: Poor rat and POOR YOU!

wolfsoul
02-13-2003, 07:26 PM
i would definatly take the car to a shop...u must get that poor ratty out! i would hate to see anything bad happen to it or the car

RICHARD
02-14-2003, 02:05 PM
good news.
got the ratty out the truck!

we were talking about the cost of taking it to a shop.

i do most of the work on the family cars and since his truck is
10 months old i didn't want to tinker with it, so....

we turned to heater on FULL blast and sat by the door with a few
beers (NO, not for the rat...)

voila!

about 5 minutes later.....the bugger comes running out of the truck......apparently wearing a fur coat while running around in the ducting of a truck heater ain't the optimum way of spending
your day.....

thanks for the tips.