PDA

View Full Version : Why? Cause I think we need it right now....

Cataholic
02-12-2003, 03:50 PM
You know, we have had some really sad times lately, with some of our babies going to the RB, or in really bad health...so, if anyone is up to it, to make us smile some, I would like to bring back a thred that made me laugh/smile/relive some happier times!

The thred about PT lingo....things we heard, or knew, only because of PT!!! So, I am going to start, and I will confess, I didn't make up this word, I am stealing it from maybe Naomi??? But, it is one of my all time faves, and I have used it often....

It is HIDEY HOLE! As in, "Oh, Minnie, won't you EVER come out of your hidey hole?" Or, "Oh, look Mom, Tex is in his hidey hole, staring at you".....

ramanth
02-12-2003, 03:55 PM
I like that! Can't think of any right now... my brain went kaput. LOL!

NoahsMommy
02-12-2003, 04:12 PM
YAY!!! One of my favorite things about PT....our fun words!

I LOVE "port-o-prision" ;)

catland
02-12-2003, 04:23 PM
:D :D HEAD BUMPIES :D :D

Karen
02-12-2003, 04:36 PM
furkids / skinkids

Pam
02-12-2003, 04:37 PM
Meowmie

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Elevator butt...
and someone posted on the last lingo thread HOOING.... it's not a word we use here but it made me laugh so hard!

Miss Meow
02-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
You know, we have had some really sad times lately, with some of our babies going to the RB, or in really bad health...so, if anyone is up to it, to make us smile some, I would like to bring back a thred that made me laugh/smile/relive some happier times!

Here here, I've been too sad to look at the happy threads, if that makes sense.

I didn't know about whitecoats until I came here. I use it all the time now!

trisha0503
02-12-2003, 05:57 PM
And who could forget the "frito feet" !!! :D :D :D

Nomilynn
02-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Hidey Hole wasn't me - at least not originally :)

I love doiley kitties.. I don't have a doiley pic, but they are SO CUTE :)

wolflady
02-12-2003, 06:23 PM
LOL LOL Yes, I just love all the PT words that we have all shared. port-o-prison cracks me up. Can't forget "catloaf" or rather...the "sumo pose". Ritzy is good at that one! :) he he ;)
My Scooter is know for his "bowling pin" pose!

Ahhhh...Frito Feet! That will always be a classic!
**hugs**

jenluckenbach
02-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn

I love doiley kitties..
you want doily cat? I GOT DOILY CAT!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p9173d535d8cc280d5897982971d72fe9/fd1ed903.jpg

rg_girlca
02-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Oh jenluckenback that is such an adorable picture.

Miss Meow
02-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Olivettes (from Koxka)

And I'm not posting a picture ... :eek:

Karen
02-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Sir Jury! (Thanks, Cinder and Smokey for that one!)

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-12-2003, 09:12 PM
and another thanks to Boots for learning how the bathroom can be called JAIL!

boscibo
02-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

you want doily cat? I GOT DOILY CAT!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p9173d535d8cc280d5897982971d72fe9/fd1ed903.jpg

That is so funny - Bo does that pose too, and since he's white I call it his "polar bear pose". I'll have to get a picture of him doing the Polar Bear sometime.

BastetsMum
02-12-2003, 11:46 PM
I wondered what all you guys were talking about when I first got here. ... It took me a little while to realise that the bowling pin, the tortolini, the doiley and the sumo were not some kind of weird fetishes but poses of our precious moglers (cats).

What in the kitty's name are fito feet?

BTW I love the names you give all your cats - they all suit the kittys in question down to the ground!

krazyaboutkatz
02-13-2003, 12:00 AM
There's also the parade float kitty pose that Peanut is famous for. :) I think that Ritzy also does the meatloaf pose too. You also can't forget airplane ears. :) Here's an old picture of my Storm and Pepper. Pepper sure has the airplane ears in this pic.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/pcb9db2e4849104126773923668125406/fca58785.jpg

shais_mom
02-13-2003, 12:38 AM
ALL OF THE ABOVE?!!! Will that work??

kitty kondo

and I have certainly become for fluent in the bathroom habits of dogs and cats since I came here!!! 'assuming the position!!'
:D

Nomilynn
02-13-2003, 02:11 AM
another one from Cinder and Smoke - knives :D and Sandy box.. :D

Barbara
02-13-2003, 02:14 AM
nosekissies.
I get them daily!

02-13-2003, 05:23 AM
Elevator butt , cutie-pie , bum , headbumpies , nose-kissies , going berserk , loaf-position , tortellini-pose , and much much more !!!:D ;) :D

jenluckenbach
02-13-2003, 05:48 AM
SKRITCHIES
I can no longer scatch my cat's head or chin WITHOUT thinking of this word:D

Vio&Juni
02-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Pepper has the perfect airplane ears in this picture.
Oh, I haven't heard of critters, or scritches, or headbumpies, or nosekisses and other pt words before :D

rosethecopycat
02-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Karen
furkids / skinkids

Hey! Is Moo Shoo a furkid or a skinkid?:p

My favorite words are:

PIE CRUST HOLES

catmandu
02-13-2003, 09:32 AM
Just love that Doily Darling , but he doesnt look like one of yours , or am I crazy with the Cold! Gary.

Cataholic
02-13-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
PIE CRUST HOLES

I don't know this one....what is it?

rosethecopycat
02-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Look at the place where the whiskers come out of their faces. It looks like when you take a fork and make holes in your pie crust.:p

Here's a couple examples:

rosethecopycat
02-13-2003, 11:17 AM
Pie crust holes

HayleyRosie
02-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by BastetsMum
I wondered what all you guys were talking about when I first got here. ... It took me a little while to realise that the bowling pin, the tortolini, the doiley and the sumo were not some kind of weird fetishes but poses of our precious moglers (cats).

I was the same way. Now its part of my normal vocabulary.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Pie crust holes is a new one for me. :D

And Pepper really does have the perfect airplane ears in that picture. Too funny! :D

My favorites are Sir Jury from Boots. Tortellini and doily poses are ones that I had seen before, but never realized what I was seeing. ;) :D

And who asked about frito feet? Have you ever smelled your kitty's feet?

Elevator butt is a good one too, and Sara's Tinky introduced me to the "Kombat Kitty" pose.

There are so many good ones.

BastetsMum
02-13-2003, 02:27 PM
LAUGHS!

Thanks Tubby and Peanut's Mum! And no I haven't - Big wussy coward here!

I forgot to add FERAL! to the list ...

I though pie crust holes is a brilliant observation!

Vermontcat
02-13-2003, 02:37 PM
I might have been the one to start saying "Hidey Hole",
I remember saying it to ChrisH when she first got Ebby home and she kept hiding.
We do use the term here for some of Samantha's hiding places as well as her "Kitty Caves".
We need to get Tuxluvr to post in this thread, she always has the greatest ones like "fur vending machine" and "liquid kitty spilled on the floor".:D

Cheshirekatt
02-13-2003, 03:09 PM
I haven't been posting on PT very long but can I add a couple from another message board?

Dingleberries....mostly during hairball season.
The bunker. Also known as under the bed.

:p

lynnestankard
02-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat

My favorite words are:
PIE CRUST HOLES

LOL! I call them freckles!!!

And does anyone else find when talking to NON-cat people they sort of stare at you in a very strange way when you come out with a 'Petism'!? Two weeks ago I was talking to a friend and referred to 'Taking Dan in the porta-prison to see the white coat' -her face was a picture as she let out a very startled ''What??!!'

Lynne

Aspen and Misty
02-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Hee hee. I love this thread. :D I love the pictures to. And peper does haev air plane ears, LOL. How cute!

Ash

jenluckenbach
02-13-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
Just love that Doily Darling , but he doesnt look like one of yours , or am I crazy with the Cold! Gary.
He's not mine. I stole him.

ChrisH
02-13-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

And does anyone else find when talking to NON-cat people they sort of stare at you in a very strange way when you come out with a 'Petism'!? Two weeks ago I was talking to a friend and referred to 'Taking Dan in the porta-prison to see the white coat' -her face was a picture as she let out a very startled ''What??!!'

:D :D :D
That is so funny, I`d love to have been there!
Chris

Vio&Juni
02-14-2003, 04:50 AM
I keep learning everyday :)

Pat
02-14-2003, 06:39 AM
Unfortunately I speak Swiss-German with my cats and can’t really translate all the words I have for Simon & Kelly…:D :rolleyes:

All Creatures Great And Small
02-14-2003, 12:34 PM
My mom will be delighted to hear that you all love her "airplane ears" and "pie crust holes"! I grew up hearing those so they're just second nature to me. I also love the new ones I've learned here, like headbumpies, nosekissies, parade float, kitty boobies, doily cat, and all the others I can't remember! There's just something about kitties that makes us all goofy I guess:rolleyes: :D

rosethecopycat
02-14-2003, 12:40 PM
So you're the one who I heard PIE CRUST HOLES from!

Your kitty (with many names) sure has some nice ones!:)

BTW-
Nobody has told me if Moo Shoo is a skinkid or furkid yet.

Donna?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Smokey the Elder just reminded me of one - purrno. :D

Too funny!:D :D

BastetsMum
02-14-2003, 02:56 PM
I beleive the beautiful moo shoo is a lessfurkid :D

Cataholic
02-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
The bunker. Also known as under the bed.
:p

That is a great one!

And pie crust holes...thanks, Rose, NOW I know exactly what you are talking about....nice pie crust holes.

tuxluvr
02-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
I might have been the one to start saying "Hidey Hole",
I remember saying it to ChrisH when she first got Ebby home and she kept hiding.
We do use the term here for some of Samantha's hiding places as well as her "Kitty Caves".
We need to get Tuxluvr to post in this thread, she always has the greatest ones like "fur vending machine" and "liquid kitty spilled on the floor".:D

Well, I see a lot of them here....tortellini pose, and that one of the doilycat is a CLASSIC example, and one I would refer to as a "full doily".....a "half doily" occurs when the feet are still a little tucked under, but the body sort of "spills out" over the couch sides.

Airplane ears is also good! when Ritz does this, I call it her "Yoda Face" because from the front she looks a little like Yoda.

I love Sara's Kombat Kitty....I also call that "skunk dancing" - when I was growing up on the farm, a startled skunk would often dance sideways like that.

Ritzy "works the room" by doing the cute kitty pose (half on the back with paws curled), which I suspect she learned from the incomparable Ms Peanut.

We also refer to her occasional eating habits as "hoovering" her food.

When she flattens herself down to watch the birds, we call this a "cat puddle"...(often accompanied by "yoda ears")

She also "does the Dino" - in the mornings when she is ready for us to get up and we are not, she jumps on the bed, runs out the door and down the stairs with this nonstop mwoorowoeomeeowmwwoeoww.... sounds like Dino the dog from the Flintstones. We also call this "kitty trash talk"

'Floaters' - anything in the water bowl that, well, shouldn't be.

Whenever we go into the bathroom, Ritz comes in and expects to be patted.....she particularly likes the base of her tail scratched and patted.....results in the famed "elebator butt".....often, we finish before she thinks we should and stands there, backs up a few steps and looks over her shoulder "more?".....we call this move "backing up the butt truck"

Hangie-down parts refer to the "waggle" of fur/skin where she had the "sir jury"...

I also like "panda tummy"......and then there are the PG rated things.....like "laying down tootsie rolls" (aka "poo"), dingleberries (aka "remedial poo")....and "kitty moon" (general visual of a cat walking away from you)

Cheshirekatt
02-15-2003, 08:13 PM
"The bunker" was frequently used by the "no-seeum" kitty. People swore I was making this kitty up as he would immediatly head for "the bunker" when the doorbell would ring.

jenluckenbach
02-15-2003, 08:16 PM
I've had a couple of "no-see-ums" in my day.:D

Cheshirekatt
02-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Hehe....no-see-ums are funny. My best friend is really loud and she was coming over for 4 YEARS before Rodan would come out from the bunker when she was there. She felt so special when he finally let her pet him.

Cheshirekatt
02-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Ooooh and I forgot to mention "horny face". That's the face they make when they're sniffing something and they keep their mouth open when they're done smelling it. I'm not sure when that one came from.

tuxluvr
02-15-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Hehe....no-see-ums are funny. My best friend is really loud and she was coming over for 4 YEARS before Rodan would come out from the bunker when she was there. She felt so special when he finally let her pet him.

This reminds me of a "cat sitting" experience I had. A friend of mine asked me to stay over at their home and feed their cat, see to his needs....I was there for an hour and, aside from the presence of an obviously used litter box and a feeding station, I was beginning to wonder if there really was a cat.

I took a brief nap next to their fireplace and awoke to find one grey tiger cat curled up next to me! I did, indeed, feel special!

Cheshirekatt
02-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr

This reminds me of a "cat sitting" experience I had. A friend of mine asked me to stay over at their home and feed their cat, see to his needs....I was there for an hour and, aside from the presence of an obviously used litter box and a feeding station, I was beginning to wonder if there really was a cat.

I took a brief nap next to their fireplace and awoke to find one grey tiger cat curled up next to me! I did, indeed, feel special!

Awwww....that's sweet. :) Did you make sure to take a nap every time you went there after that? lol