PDA

View Full Version : URG! I'm so mad >:[

slleipnir
02-12-2003, 11:13 AM
My stupid laptop broke or something..I opened it to turn it on, and nothing happens! The battery is plugged in, and works cause it made a noise. I don't know the first clue about laptops, and my dad isn't home. Anyone ever experience this and know how to fix it??

Sorry, had to vent..I'm so upset, I take good care of it, and it's new, how could it have broken?!

ramanth
02-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Not sure what could be wrong, but I hope you can get it fixed soon!

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-12-2003, 11:20 AM
Audrey, have you tried plugging the laptop into an external monitor? If you can't see anything on your laptop screen, then plugging into a monitor will allow you to determine if it is an LCD problem and your display on the laptop is broken.

PM me if you want more ideas.

slleipnir
02-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Never thought of that, thanks, I'll try it :]

Cataholic
02-12-2003, 12:14 PM
My laptop has done this several times in the last year. For what appears to be no reason at all, and regardless of how it was shut down, it just won't do anything. It won't turn on, so obviously, it doens't do anything else, right?

NOW, I AM NOT ADVISING OR ADVOCATING THIS....BUT, this is what I have done. I dissconnect all cords, plugs, etc. I pop out my ethernet card, I pick it up and put it back down in another location, and hook everything back up. I have, on occasion, 'shaken' it, too. Not vigorously, and certainly never more than it gets jostled around in carrying it..but, it works after that.

slleipnir
02-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Whats a ethernet card? lol...i'm slow..

slleipnir
02-12-2003, 12:26 PM
The weird thing is, when it's 'shut down' it gets cool (like the comp itself isn't producing heat) and i just picked it up after having it closed, and its warm..so it must be the screen or something..I was going to try that monitor thing..but Im to lazy at the moment and am not positive as to where to put it..

Cataholic
02-12-2003, 12:27 PM
My computer was warm, too!!! In fact, I would describe it as nearly hot! It sounds like the same type of thing....

slleipnir
02-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Ok, what to I take out?? I tried the monitor thing, and unless I didn't do it right, it didn't work..

mugsy
02-12-2003, 01:09 PM
If you want me to ask Mike to post when he gets up I will.

slleipnir
02-12-2003, 01:19 PM
Thank you Mugsy. My dad fixed it some how..he said it was in sleep mood or something..I'm not exactly sure what he did, but it works now!

Thanks for your help, I guess I probably over reacted like I usually do :rolleyes: