PDA

View Full Version : Animal Shelter in Langkawi

Barbara
02-11-2003, 11:00 AM
Langkawi is a beautiful tropical island which is part of Malaysia.

2 years ago I met there an Australian, Narelle who is the owner of a wonderful restaurant, the Bon Ton Restaurant.

All her private time she dedicates to the rescue of cats and dogs and I have seen many happy (and fixed) cats there. I will post some pix later because they are too cute.
Especially the care for dogs is difficult because of some muslimic people who according to their religion must not come in contact with saliva and excrements of dogs.

However there were also rescued dogs, among them a paralyzed dog running around gladly in the big garden on his little wagon -I never could have thought that an animal like he could have such a good life.

Now they sent me an invitation for some fund raising activities and informations about the sanctuary and what it costs to sterilize or sponsor an animal (1 RM is ca. 1/4 US $).

I do not think that many here can help in Malaysia but I admire what Narelle and her friends are doing. Maybe later this week I can add some pix of the happy and confident animals I met there.

I cannot add the information because it is too big. However people who are interested can send a mail to me or to [email protected] to ask for more infos.

lizbud
02-12-2003, 09:34 AM
Barbara,

I would be very interested to hear more about this rescue
work in Malaysia. They sound like very good hearted people.
I'll look forward to pictures when you have time to post them.

Thanks, Liz , Moki & Kitties.:)

lizbud
02-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Thank you for the information. Just received it. Did you
say that 1 RM is equal to 1/4 of a US dollar.(.25 cents) ?

Just trying to figure out the cost of spay/neuter surgery
in Malaysia.

Barbara
02-13-2003, 02:24 AM
Yes 1RM = ca. 1/4 US$,
so sterilizing a male cat is 12,50 US$
a female cat 25 US$
male dog 25 US$
female dog ca. 40 US$
I hope I can scan the pix later this afternoon.