PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this?

slleipnir
02-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Sorry, this is kind of stupid..but I'm not sure about it. Zeke seems to get really afraid of things when he probably shouldn't..Like for example, when he 1st came home, I caught him eatting something off the counter, so I clapped my hands and said 'Zeke, no." firmly, but not yelling. And he bolted and hid behind the chairs in our TV room. Now, none of us have EVER hit, swat at, or in anyway ever did something to make him that afraid, I'd never hurt him..another time, I didn't even do that, I just called him a couple times in a normal tone, and he wasn't really listening but I had to finish something in my room and so I didn't bother to make him come at the time (I know your not suppost to do that, but I never usually) anyway, so I raised my hand up to close my door over (him not even close to me) and he takes off down stairs :confused: like he's scared..I don't get it..why would he do that if we've never hurt him or ever really scared him in anyway..when I was calling him I wasn't even angry so I don't see what would have scared him..If I vacuum too, he goes up and hides under my dad's feet or behind a chair..
Is there something I should be doing? I hate seeing him run of like that, I feel like I've done something to him..do you think his old owner could have hurt him? Or are some dogs just afraid like that?

moosmom
02-10-2003, 05:47 PM
slleipnir,

He's acting that way because he knows he's done something wrong. I wouldn't worry about it.

iwuvsmypuppy
02-10-2003, 06:51 PM
i pmed you on my other name izzysmomma but i signed ont o iwuvsmypuppy so send a reply about Zeke here please

wif wots of wuv~~Isabell and Cait:D

slleipnir
02-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Sorry, I got the pm and replied before see this.

I did adopt Zeke from the HS, and thats why I was thinking he might have been hurt or something by his previous owner..I've never hurt him in anyway, so how would he know if he was being bad or not suppost to do it? (Like to be scared..)