PDA

View Full Version : great doggie day

lovemyshiba
02-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Well, since it wasn't that cold out today (30), I decided to get some of the energy out of the dogs. I know they're getting cabin fever just as bad as I am!! Abbey gets so hyper, I know it's from not getting enough exercise, but on these cold days, I just CAN"T stay out too long!!!
We took a LONG walk over to see daddy (he works at a Honda dealer--they're dog friendly), stopped in to see our vet, saw lots of kids playing, and one other dog--an adorable beagle, and took the back way home--through a field--they were in doggie heaven--so much to sniff!!!
Anyway, they're both dead tired now, and plus I got some exercise too!!
It was a lot of fun!!!

primabella
02-10-2003, 07:28 PM
glad you guys had fun! i still haven't taken mickey on a LONG walk yet. he's so much of a sniffer. i took him to go down our street and back and we stopped like 20 times at the same house cause he kept sniffing. :rolleyes:
he also gets lots of attention. the people in my neighborhood don't see shelties (not very common here) and so we get stopped like 3 times cause a stranger wants to pet him and he loves them and drags me around cause he wants to follow them :p

okay, i'll shut up now :D

Dixieland Dancer
02-11-2003, 11:22 AM
A tired out dog is a happy dog! Glad you had fun!! ;)

Dakota's Mommy
02-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Sounds like lots of fun! I know my girls can't wait to go to their grandma's this weekend to get excercise in her backyard, one about 3 to 4 times the size of ours, and it's also fenced in.