PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an FeLV + kitty?

GretaGirl
02-10-2003, 11:49 AM
My husband and I are considering adopting a FeLV + 12 week old kitten from a local rescue group. We have no other kitties, only three golden retrievers (who were raised with and loved a cat.) We know what adopting this kitty would mean and we are prepared for this to be an only kitty, or to open our home to other infected kitties, but I am wondering more about how this disease manifests itself and what things I can expect.

I am wondering if anyone has any experiences to share that can help us in our big decision.

Thanks,
Missy
http://www.greatgoldens.com

PS - Greta the rescue kitty is doing wonderfully in her forever home for those who remember! :-)

jenluckenbach
02-10-2003, 01:18 PM
I remember Greta and am delighted for her. I do not have experience with Felv positive cats, but I commend you for thinking of adoptiong one (or more). If I were ever to start over with zero cats, I believe that I would do the same. Because even though I do not know ALL about the disease, I do know that they can live full lives and sometimes with little to no manifestaion of the disease.