PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I'd be saying this but....

moosmom
02-10-2003, 09:17 AM
I LOVE BEING SNOWED IN, IN MY PJ'S WITH MY CATS!!!!! It's snowing here in MI and I love it! Don't have to go to work (don't have a job to go to :D) I can take a nap if I want to, stay online all day, lounge around.

(*sings*) Heaven, I'm in Heaven........

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ramanth
02-10-2003, 11:10 AM
LOL! Lucky wench. :D

It's snowing pretty heavily here. We're supposed to get 1 to 3 inches. My luck, I'll get snowed in AT work. :p :( ;)

Enjoy the day!

Edwina's Secretary
02-10-2003, 11:25 AM
I am soooo envious. We are FINALLY getting some snow but it won't be much and I'm at work!

K9karen
02-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Shoot!! Work? I took one look outside on Friday and it was too cold, the snow too deep (ouch, my back, I can't shovel) and a sweet, loving doggie face with big brown eyes staring at me...took day off, lounging, sleeping, watching Cody make snow angels, eating junk...one of those "I don't care" days!!! It was awesome! :D ;) :cool:

jenluckenbach
02-10-2003, 12:24 PM
I did not go into work on Friday for exactly that same reason......snowed in. And I love having off spending quality time with the cats !:D

lovemyshiba
02-10-2003, 01:56 PM
I love the "I don't Care" days!! I just had one on Friday. Hubby works 8-5, I was off, it was cold, snowy and miserable out!! I sat around all day in my "comfy clothes", played with the dogs, ate junk, and pretty much did nothing--not even a shower!!!

mugsy
02-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Aren't those days the best!! I am totally envious.

neko1
02-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Huh unfortunately I can't take a day off work!!! I risk my life driving to and from work in the bad weather in a p.o.s. car!! I hate winter!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-10-2003, 05:20 PM
*WHINE* I want some snow!!!!http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/natur/natur12.gif
Weve been getting sooooooooo much rain... but no snow :(

iceyshiver21
02-10-2003, 05:49 PM
NOW you see why i LOVE SNOW!!

mugsy
02-10-2003, 08:11 PM
We're supposed to get a couple of inches (woohoo...just a little sarcasm there) tonight and possibly a couple of inches tomorrow....that translates to a dusting! lol

Dakota's Mommy
02-11-2003, 10:28 AM
I loved getting the day off for snow as a kid! But now, I'm growing up and in the real world of working where it's not as likely to get off for snow. However, then I moved to Texas, so my chances are even littler now. We did see flurries on Saturday until about 2:30 pm, but nothing accumulated around us. I MISS SNOW and I'm jealous. I want snow! Anyways, you are very lucky to get to do what you want for the day off!

Dixieland Dancer
02-11-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I LOVE BEING SNOWED IN, IN MY PJ'S WITH MY CATS!!!!! It's snowing here in MI and I love it! Don't have to go to work (don't have a job to go to :D) I can take a nap if I want to, stay online all day, lounge around.

(*sings*) Heaven, I'm in Heaven........

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am envious but sooner or later you are going to have to join us again in the working world just so you can pay your bills!

I tend to get a little petty when I am jealous! LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

marysmerrycats
02-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Donna
enjoy your day!
I'm off now to take Charlie and Louise to petsmart, little do they know...poor unsuspecting babies...Charlie has to get his tummy and back end shaved, so the litter doesn't stick to him anymore:eek: and then they both need their claws trimmed. Im too chicken to take them on again, have learned my lesson :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
02-12-2003, 12:12 AM
When I was a little kid I lived in Pennsylvania and I remember being snowed in and not having to go to school. Sometimes the snow would be so deep that it was over our heads. Then we moved to South Carolina and we would also get out of school when it snowed even if it was only a few inches. :) Now that I live in California, those days are gone. Oh well, at least it doesn't get too cold here. Have fun getting snowed in everyone. :)

Nomilynn
02-12-2003, 01:42 AM
Today it was warm (around 10 degrees celcius) and very sunny and beautiful. I was at home and got to cuddle the furkids - a perfect day! :)

All Creatures Great And Small
02-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Oh, do I love those "down days" - I had one yesterday, as a matter of fact. Where I work, the payroll gets pretty tight in January and February when sales are in a slump, so they ask for volunteers to work less hours. I usually have some overtime money stockpiled from the hellish holiday season, so I am more than happy to sit home. I tend to putter around more than relax, though (type A personality, I guess), but just NOT being at work is wonderful. Now, if I just had some 70° weather to go with the time off................I guess we always just want what we don't have as far as weather. The Southerners are longing for snow, and the Northerners are impatient for warmth!

HayleyRosie
02-12-2003, 11:05 AM
We kind of had a snow day yeasterday. We had the morning off. Hayley loved having us home. I think she knew it was not Saturday or Sunday. Around lunch time it cleared up and my husband and I left for work. (We both work for the same engineering company) All afternoon was fine until it was time to leave. It was so stormy we could not see to get off the parking lot. Everybody had to go back in the building. We got 30cm of snow with 144km/h winds! Beautiful day!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-12-2003, 12:50 PM
I've always loved being snowed in. The problem is it really doesn't snow that much in Chicago anymore - and especially this year. :( I was born and raised in Northern Wisconsin. When I was 10 we moved to a house with a big hill right out the front door. It was heaven for us kids when it snowed. No school and a great day spent sledding.

I still like it when it snows a lot around here, even if I am at work because it seems like the city shuts down and I'm stranded by myself at work. The phone doesn't ring, our guys aren't coming and going, and usually my boss heads home from whereever he is instead of coming to work. So it's like I'm stranded in the city by myself - with only the computer and PT to keep me company. ;) :)

I envy you, Donna. How nice to be able to just stay in and lounge with the critters for a day and let the world go on about it's business without you. :)

catland
02-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Snow? What is snow? We used to be able to count on at least one or two good snow storms every few years but haven't had anything in a while. Just more of that darn sunny weather (hee-hee).

The crocuses are blooming and my dafodills are about 8 inches tall so far:)