PDA

View Full Version : Nutmeg just stole a chip..

Nomilynn
02-10-2003, 12:08 AM
RIGHT FROM THE BAG!!! :)

It was sitting open on my desk, and she walked into the bag and took a little snack!! hehe.. does anyone else's cat steal food? :D

Glacier
02-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Pete will steal chips any chance he gets. Nachos are his personal favorite. Ivy likes to try and steal right off my plate when I eat on the couch. She sit beside me and turns her head the other way while she subtly extends her little paws. It's so cute that sometimes I pretend I didn't notice!

krazyaboutkatz
02-10-2003, 12:16 AM
That's so cute. :) I try not to let my cats eat people food but Sunny will pick up nonfood items in his mouth and run off with them. In fact just tonight he was in my roommates room and he was trying to run out of her room with a tin cover in his mouth. I saw him just in time to stop him. Sometimes I think he's part dog. :)

boscibo
02-10-2003, 12:25 AM
It is impossible to eat when Hanna is around - I have to put her back into the cat part of the house and close the doors. She's a little pig and will jump right up and grab what she wants!

Bo is a beggar - it is funny to watch him. My SO is the one who feeds small bites of table scraps to the animals, but often Bo will nudge the dogs out of the way - it is like Bo begging right next to his chair, then the three dogs farther back in a semi-circle. That is 4 sets of eyes watching everything he eats, making sure nothing hits the ground accidentally. :D

Abby won't eat any people food, I've offers her bunches of stuff - turkey, chicken. tuna - she just turns up her nose and walks away.

marysmerrycats
02-10-2003, 12:29 AM
given the chance, they all would, if it was something they wanted. I just had to fight off Patches to eat my soup!

jenluckenbach
02-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
RIGHT FROM THE BAG!!! :)

she walked into the bag and took a little snack!! :D

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
:D :D :D :D :D

neko1
02-10-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by boscibo
It is impossible to eat when Hanna is around - I have to put her back into the cat part of the house and close the doors. She's a little pig and will jump right up and grab what she wants!

All 4 of mine do that!! Every night at dinnertime it's like a cat roundup into the cat room!

HayleyRosie
02-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Hayley tries to steel chips from the bag. She seems to be more attracted to cheese flavored. I try not to let her have any. But she occasionally gets to like mommys fingers. :D

Russian Blue
02-10-2003, 10:49 AM
I think everyone knows by now that Nakita loves French Fries. But she also has a very strong craving for Pringle Potatoe Chips.

If I'm eating those, then I have to watch her like a hawk. She would otherwise pull the same Nutmeg stunt!

:D

catmandu
02-10-2003, 10:59 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: My cats dont realize the difference between people food and human! BJ , Moose , Sam , And Michael will come and take things from the bowl , especially KFC , or Subway Subs, or Lays Cheddar chips! But the other 9have noreal taste for that , and wit until the Whiskas Teptations come available! Catmandu.

Nomilynn
02-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Hehehehe.. these stories are all so cute!

Nutmeg loves people food. I don't usually let her have any either, but I never thought she would crawl into the chip bag!!! :eek: Oh well.. I'll know better for next time! :) :D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Leonardo loves Cheetos. Luke loves black olives and grapes (not together thankfully). Both boys have been known to perloin these when mawmee is not watching. Chester does not like any thing but his food and catnip. How did he get in THIS family?:D

Tina
02-10-2003, 04:01 PM
*LOL* If I don't watch my cats will steal my food right off my plate:rolleyes: My cats love people food they don't care what it is. But they don't care to much for popcorn.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Terry & Tubby always have popcorn together. And believe it or not, but if we dig a piece out of the bowl and give it to Tubby, he will eat part of it and leave the soggy remains behind. However, if we let him pick his own piece out of the bowl, the whole thing disappears. ;) :rolleyes: :D It is too funny to see him sticking his head in the bowl and sniffing each piece until he finds just the right piece, then grabbing it, pulling it out and eating it. :D

lynnestankard
02-12-2003, 10:56 AM
You've just brought a memory flooding back Naomie. Thank you.

This goes back to when we had our precious meezer Kisi (before the three Musketeers came into our lives!) - and boy could she steal food!
One evening Diane and I were sat together on the sofa, having a cup of tea and a custard cream biscuit (English type of cookie with a cream filling - bit like an oreo but vanilla flavour!!).
As Diane lifted a biscuit to her mouth, she stopped to say something to me and Kisi who was sat between us both, simply lifted a paw and hooked the full biscuit, flipped it on the carpet, pounced on it and before we could do anything (we were too busy laughing!) she ate the lot!!! It's a wonder the daft girl wasn't sick - but it never stopped her stealing food from anywhere she could find it. Ah sweet memories!!

Lynne

Chinadoll
02-12-2003, 11:24 AM
LOL!!! I thought dogs were bad with begging, but my kitties are worse. I always eat on the coffee table in front of tv(hey, I live alone...why bother eating at the table, if it's just me? :p ). I am guarenteed to have a kitty in my lap, trying to sniff out what's in my plate. On rare occasions they get some...and one time I fell asleep on the sofa and Scout jumped up on the coffeetable and he and Gigi stole a piece of baked chicken(skinless with no bones) I was too tired to care so I let them have it! I will give them human food sometimes. I think chicken or turkey are much better treats than some of those packaged treats.

Barbara
02-12-2003, 11:50 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p3596b447a8c6d77aab85a52a8abc5e9b/fca619bb.jpg

Filou would never steal food. :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Filou would never steal food. :cool:

And notice how the very first thing that gets done is you find the camera and snap a picture instead of chasing sneaky Filou away. ;) :D

Cataholic
02-12-2003, 04:05 PM
I am sooo glad to post after T & P's mom, Barbara, and China Doll. I thought I was the odd one out. My cats join me at meal time nearly EVERY time I sit down (usually at the coffee table, too!). In fact, if I am not wanting them to beg me, I stand up to eat and walk around. Like with cereal, OR meat.

I usually breakdown early on, and just cut some up and put it on the outside corner of the plate (do round plates have corners?). And, like "Terry", I share popcorn with Tex. He also leaves the soggy part. I always try to find him a buttery piece, with no kernal, but, he prefers his own pickins'.

It does get bothersome at times, having at least two cats staring holes in me...or when people come over for dinner, and I am forced to act surpised when the cats jump on the table, "Why, I never...what is going on....get off" all to totally blank stares from the herd...