PDA

View Full Version : I'm so upset:(

Stenograsaurus
11-07-2001, 05:40 AM
I know this is a dog board but I kind of need some comfort from you guys right now. Yesterday was Election Day here. I work for an elected official. Yesterday he was up for retention for another ten year term. He lost by four percent. I've worked for this man for nine years. He is such a wonderful individual. I cannot imagine getting up every day to go to work for someone besides him. I work in a small office and we are sooo close. There are three full timers and we were the three Muskateers. Many days my sides and head would hurt from laughing so hard. We got along so great. Now I'm going to loose them all in January. The Judge gets to finish out the year and then the Governor has to appoint somebody to sit in the seat until Election Day in May. The last time this occurred, the seat was vacant for four months. I'd be out of a job for four months. At least I'd have a job to come back to if the new Judge decided to keep me. The secretary is gone because whoever the Governor appoints as Judge will bring in his private secretary. I hate politics!!! Justice definitely did not prevail yesterday!!!!

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

Golden Smiles
11-07-2001, 06:22 AM
:( That is terrible. And what a close race too. I'm sorry you'll have to go through such a huge adjustment, I'm sure it will be tough.Hang in there, we'll be thinking of you :)

purrley
11-07-2001, 06:41 AM
Dear Steno - can't tell you how many times in my work world that I've had to make this kind of adjustment - it's hard but sometimes it turns out better in the long run - however my last change was worse - but hang in there - this is part of the working world, however frustrating it can be. There will be more before you retire :(

RachelJ
11-07-2001, 07:09 AM
I can relate as well, for years my husband worked "for the State" and every four years with new people appointed to head the state departments, things would change. Eventually one of those changes put my husband out of a job. In retrospect it worked out well. Make a list of all the people who know something about your work and network, network, network. My husband found new employment with the help of people he had worked with who knew of something that was opening up and referred him to it. Others gladly gave him references. One good thing about politics is that Judge you work with probably knows a LOT of people. Don't be afraid to let him know that you would welcome any leads. And don't be afraid to seek comfort from your animals (We got to keep this pet related).
;) ;)

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

Dixieland Dancer
11-07-2001, 11:01 AM
I use to work for government and it was the same way. The best thing that happend to me though was getting out of there. When one thing ends, another starts. Just believe it is for the better!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-07-2001, 11:50 AM
Sorry at this time that you have this adjustment to make in your life. I'm sure things will work out in the end, probably for the better, even though it doesn't seem like it right now. Good luck and I hope you find something that you really like to do, maybe a change?
Jackie

Stenograsaurus
11-08-2001, 04:36 PM
Thank you all for posting. I wsa in such a state of shock yesterday. Things look a little better today. There was a committee formed against my Judge. The head of this committee had a little "deal" with a senator that he would be appointed if he was able to get a judge off the bench. My boss lost his job because of a snake. I guess that's what is so hard to take. Everybody who works in the Court system keeps coming in and saying about how upset they are. I guess there's nothing that can be done about it. Life goes on. When my blood pressure starts to boil, I'll just grab the closest animal and start petting. :)

lbaker
11-08-2001, 07:38 PM
Stroking and petting are proven, healthy drugs. "Illigitimus non carborundus" :confused:
laurie [aka "don't let the bastards get you down"] :D :D

Stenograsaurus
11-08-2001, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by lbaker:
<STRONG> "Illigitimus non carborundus" :confused:
laurie [aka "don't let the bastards get you down"] :D :D</STRONG>

The Judge has a tie that says that on it!!!! I wonder if he wore it Tuesday. :D