PDA

View Full Version : Veterans for Common Sense

Soledad
02-09-2003, 02:33 PM
For those of you that think protesters and army folk are mutually exclusive, here's an interesting site:

www.veteransforcommonsense.org/

Food for thought.

COCatMama
02-09-2003, 03:29 PM
interesting

I am one of the few ppl that agrees with the UN taking out so dang insane

Soledad
02-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Lalania - You should visit this site:

http://www.idleworm.com/nws/2002/11/iraq2.shtml

and think if it's still advisable to proceed. Granted, it's a joke, but it raises some serious questions.

COCatMama
02-09-2003, 04:33 PM
I consider myself to be pretty worldly, i know that war means people will die etc, but Saddam and guys like him need to be squished like the vile creatures they are :)

Soledad
02-09-2003, 04:55 PM
It's not just about "people will die" it's about a massive de-stabilizing of the region which could have catastrophic effects.

popcornbird
02-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
It's not just about "people will die" it's about a massive de-stabilizing of the region which could have catastrophic effects.

Exactly, AND bombing Iraq will put the US under greater threat because when thousands of civilians are killed, you can imagine the hate multiplying for the US in the region. Not only in Iraq, but in the whole Muslim world, and in other regions as well. Do you think one Saddam is worse, or creating 10 billion America haters by bombing? Bombing is putting the US in far greater danger. America will have 10 times more haters than it already has if war happens. The UN has not given the US approval yet, and the US doesn't care if they give approval or not. The government is determined to attack even if they have to do it alone. This will NOT make the US any safer. It will put it in far greater danger and create far more enemies.

popcornbird
02-09-2003, 06:10 PM
OMG Soledad. I just saw that joke thing! Its scary! :eek: But that's what's going to happen if the US bombs Iraq. Billions of people will hate the US more than anything, and you can only imagine what can happen after that. SCARY. :eek:

marysmerrycats
02-10-2003, 01:57 AM
i say, take the ba----- out! Bush Sr should have got the job finished all those years ago. keep draggin their feet, and one day the maniac will do something, if the US doesn't get to him first.

moosmom
02-10-2003, 08:57 AM
Since this subject can "touchy", I'll only say one thing. I agree with Popcornbird. The people in Iraq hate us enough already. Attacking them will only put the US under greater threat.

Chinadoll
02-10-2003, 02:05 PM
I bet a good deal of protesters are veterans. It makes sense to me that those that have lived it and seen the horror would be much more cautious about heading to war. I truly feel that if President Bush was a veteran, he would not be so *gung ho* for war.

mugsy
02-10-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm married to a Desert Storm vet from the front lines and he is all for going in and taking the idiot out of power.

sammi
02-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Most vets I have talked to would never protest.

popcornbird
02-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Taking the idiot out will not solve the problem. It will agrivate it by a million times. More bombing = more civilian loss. More civilian loss = more US haters. More US haters = Severe worldwide anger against the US. Severe worldwide anger against the US = you can guess what. War will put our country in far greater danger. I truely believe that if not Iraq, the next country the US bombs will lead to World War III.

My only comments is that if Bush goes to war, he truely lacks wisdom.

Chinadoll, there were veterans protesting in those mass protests throughout the US. I don't remember what channel I saw that on, but I saw it on TV.

RICHARD
02-10-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
I'm married to a Desert Storm vet from the front lines and he is all for going in and taking the idiot out of power.

actually can't we just leave him in power, maybe we'll get lucky and all the peaceniks will run over to iraq to human shield him then the u.s. will get back to the normalcy we enjoyed..

i read this line in FMH magazine....

THINK FAST, HIPPY............

(p.s. the sissies that protested VN turned into the biggest capitalist, crooks and pieces of crap in their old age-god knows where this generation will go........)

mugsy
02-10-2003, 03:47 PM
That's alright they all hate us anyway, even if we DO go in and save their butts. Any time there is war there is civilian loss...it goes with the game. And anyway, it's Saddam who pays $25,000 to families who are willing to give up a kid as a homicide bomber.

Soledad
02-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Can you back that up? I would like to see where that information came from before buying into that. I bet you got it from Bill O'Reilly, he's known for being an oh-so-reliable bastion of credible journalism.

Get real. The peace movement is not run by hippies who hate America and Americans. They hate narrow mindedness and ignorance, which most likely includes quite a few of you.

P.S. Richard, I "asked my parent" about Vietnam and hippies and he was most interested to know that as a Vietnam vet and peace protestor he was part of such a horrible generation.

mugsy
02-11-2003, 04:28 AM
Amazingly enough...you're wrong. I didn't get it from O'Reilly. I got it from a couple of different places totally unrelated to each other, but, it wouldn't matter anyway, you would find a way to try and discredit them so you wouldn't have to acknowledge it, so I won't bother (which I'm sure you will say that I can't back it up, which is fine too)

Paul
02-11-2003, 03:07 PM
   I deleted the last few posts.

Calling each other names is out of bounds.

Paul

marysmerrycats
02-11-2003, 03:11 PM
yeah I guess it is. sorry. what I should have said, is,
that just because people don't agree with her, that doesn't make them narrowminded.

she only seems to get on here to cause turmoil.

COCatMama
02-11-2003, 08:12 PM
:O like, hello ppl if your 'leader', in this case, Dictator was MURDERING thousands of your own people using horrible weapons and like, having people publicly executed for, gee...wearing makeup or oh boy, cheating on a husband, wouldn't you want some people to come and kill him?

BTW, I may be a tree and bunny-hugger and an Atheist, but OH BOY I am the furthest thing from a Pacifist! I realize attacking Iraq will mean some innocents may die, you know what they say, War is heck! I agreed 100% with Afghanistan being attacked and having the Taliban toppled, those guys were #$$%#@%$%$ and needed to go bye-bye in the worst way. I only wish they had managed to whack Osama, *sigh*...he is truly evil.

Ole Bushie should have taken out So Dang Insane the first time, but maybe Lil Georgie will be able to do what his papa couldn't. It's for the good of Israel, and the rest of the world that he is 'taken care of'. But that war mongering psycho in North Korea scares me just as bad.

marysmerrycats
02-12-2003, 12:13 AM
Lalania
on this, we TOTALLY agree!! I love what you said!!!
yeah someone needs to go whack the crazies!
I think I will read your post again:)
give them enough rope, and WE we will get hung with it. Im afraid they have already waited too long.
for years I have to referred to him as saddam insane or
so damned insane, and that osama freak maniac too.
the world needs to be rid of those madmen.

COCatMama
02-12-2003, 12:16 AM
great minds think alike, Merry ;)

wolf_Q
02-12-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
yeah I guess it is. sorry. what I should have said, is,
that just because people don't agree with her, that doesn't make them narrowminded.
she only seems to get on here to cause turmoil.

I don't think I've even seen Soledad even post something remotely related to pets. I'm sure I may have missed some threads, but mostly...they all seem to be controversial ones like this........

marysmerrycats
02-12-2003, 12:20 AM
yep:)

wolf Q
yeah apparently she just wants to irk people, not be part of the good threads.

well, you know, stubborn MULE. or something like that.:rolleyes:

COCatMama
02-12-2003, 12:21 AM
hehehe