PDA

View Full Version : Pretty the senior cat

ChrisH
02-09-2003, 12:07 PM
Last of the senior cat stories is that of Pretty aged 22.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p4d33f333f77edd9cdb8cd474422f36de/fca9b851.jpg

Pretty
Jean Fuller came to own Pretty as a result of a chance discussion with a friend who told her about a stray cat he had seen being taunted by local children. After only the smallest amount of arm-twisting Mrs Fuller agreed to give the cat a new home. That was 21 years ago, “She has ruled the house ever since” laughs Jean. Since Pretty was already fully grown and neutered when they first met, it is fair to say she is at least 22 years old.
Up until quite recently, she has led a fairly healthy life and has lived up to her name Pretty and still has a good coat, a factor that disguises her now thin frame. She is currently being treated for an overactive thyroid. Now quite fussy about her food in her old age, she insists on a different flavour every day, but otherwise is not on a special diet.
It is not uncommon for seniors to get up early, and Pretty makes sure that Jean rises and shines to provide a dainty feline breakfast at 4.30am by sitting on her head!
“She has been a wonderful companion over the years, “ says Jean. “I think the secret is letting her live her own life and being loved. She knows she is cherished. She has always had a garden and there have been trees for her to climb, and she has always had a lap to sit on. She knows she is the most important thing in the house!”

Barbara
02-09-2003, 12:19 PM
No chance that I look that good at 102 ;)

catmandu
02-09-2003, 12:59 PM
:D :D 22 you are a great looking cat and you obviousl have a wonderful home and a great Guardian , you must be in Kitty Heaven . God Bless You Both!

jenluckenbach
02-09-2003, 01:12 PM
gotta love those kitties that love life!

neko1
02-09-2003, 05:56 PM
You look great for your age Pretty!! Here's hoping you have many more happy healthy years!!!:)

Ann
02-10-2003, 03:28 AM
What a heartwarming story! Pretty sure lives up to her name, I love those two white spots in her face!

Thanks for sharing :)