PDA

View Full Version : Cat in Florida needs home

aly
02-08-2003, 09:53 PM
She is an 8 yr old spayed female named Olly. I will get a call back soon with more information on the situation.

If anyone wants another cat or knows of a rescue near Jupiter or West Palm, Florida, please let me know.

Thanks.

aly
02-09-2003, 03:07 PM
I found out Olly is actually a HE. He is neutered, declawed (grrr) and up to date on shots. He is a little shy but won't run away from new people. He is black with some grey on him.

delidog
02-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Aly,

There are SOOOO many cat rescues just between jupiter and w.p.b....also in boca....
they are all on pet finder...let me look at them....
poor kitty...
does he get along well with dogs????????

BIG DOGS??????

i will get back and post those sites for you...

delidog
02-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Aly,
I sent you 6 organizations...all within 1 hour of the local you gave me......some are just cats...some are both.....

most are NO KILL.....
hope that this helps.....

delidog
02-18-2003, 10:42 PM
Aly,
Any word on this Kitty today?????
N

aly
02-21-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm still waiting to hear back from the people. I did send them the list of the rescues you gave me (thanks!!!).

I also told them I could get him into my shelter if we could find a way to transport him.

I just hope they get back to me before its too late.

delidog
02-21-2003, 09:54 PM
No Need to transport him to texasa...we'll find a home for him...give her a chance to talk to those groups...they are all wonderful...and all strong in the community....

aly
02-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Oh okay, if you feel comfortable with them, then so do I !! :)

delidog
02-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Aly,

delidog
02-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Aly,
I am a volunteer at Dogs and cats forever.....

we have 70 cats there for adoption...the cattery is great....4 seperated rooms...with adjoining screened in porches....wrap around shelves for them to sleep on...scratching trees and posts...beds...it really is very nice....the one in jupiter is nice also...
like i said...they are all strong in the community...they get alot of local support...news,newspaper,resteraunts,other businesses,etc.

i guess that i also shouldn't tell you that I had to put my Dear Ms.Puss to sleep in august...but I do have 2 VERY big dogs....so they would all have to get along....
let me know what you hear back....

check out the dogsandcatsforever.com website....or go to petfinder ...all these organizations are on there....

hope you hear soon...AND THAT SHE IS ALRIGHT

delidog
02-28-2003, 07:02 AM
Aly,
Have you heard anything on this Kitty?????

aly
03-01-2003, 06:07 PM
How often are you there? I'd appreciate it if you could keep your eye on the boy while he's there. He's REALLY sweet, went right up to my boyfriend and was rubbing against his legs. He's very mellow and adjusted to my bf's apartment right away (he's just been there a few hours now and he's already lounging on the couch :) ). He's also been fine with the other cat.

aly
03-01-2003, 06:10 PM
I guess I should call them and see if they can even take Olly in. Are they full right now?

aly
03-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Here's his pic

delidog
03-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Oh He is PRECIOUS!!!!!!

where is he?????????????
where is your boyfriend??????
I din't know you had a special friend in Fl.!!!;)
Yay!!!!!a Rescue Friend also now!!!!!!

I will be at d&c on tues. a.m....

warning!!!!
They ALWAYS say they are full....but when you have 70,what is one more....
Rebecca is the secretary....Tom takes care of the cats...hes' a little rough around the edges when it comes to people,but his heart is in the right place...he keeps 23 at his house....

if this little guy likes dogs,I could probably take him...I have to finish tiling the house first...as everything is piled in the living and spare rooms....and his house would be in the spare room...i.e. litter box....
I think that they charge around 70.00 to take a cat...you have a better chance now that he is nuetered...let me see if i can talk to them....
he would have LOTS of friends there however....Feline Friends that is!!!!!!

let me get some more info....
Nicole

aly
03-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Thank you SO much for all your help Nicole!

I'm not sure if he likes dogs or not. He seems very well adjusted and easygoing though. He is up to date on his shots and everything. My bf's mom is trying to get the records.

Look at Olly making himself at home:

delidog
03-02-2003, 04:46 AM
I don't know Aly....Mr.Oly looks pretty much at home....(even to your boyfriends' chagrin!!!!)

He looks like a wonderful kitty....
I am not sure who told him that they were closed on a sat.....that is unheard of (in rescue!!!!)
They are closed on mondays,...I will see if I can reach anyone there however......
I spoke to rebecca on friday....she should be in on mon...

hey, by the way....if you or your boyfriend know anyone in the area....they are looking for a full time caretaker...it is a great job....and there is a house on the property for that person to live in......

let me know if you hear of anything....

I'll be in touch....
N

smokey the elder
03-02-2003, 08:48 AM
When is Olly going to log onto PT?:p ;) :D

delidog
03-02-2003, 08:01 PM
I know!!!!;) :)
He sure looks Ready,doesn't he????:D

kimlovescats
03-02-2003, 09:15 PM
What a gorgeous boy Olli is! Thank you both so much for being so active in finding him a wonderful home!!!

HoUsEkaT
03-02-2003, 09:56 PM
If Olly still needs a home, found a listing of shelters in the West Palm Beach area (http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?&&city=West+Palm+Beach&state=FL&country=us&msa=8960&slt=26.714310&sln=-80.053452&cs=4&stp=y&stx=8300271) that might take him. Don't know if they are no-kill or not.

aly
03-03-2003, 10:52 PM
OLLY HAS A NEW HOME!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAY! He will be going to his new mommy this weekend :D

delidog
03-04-2003, 05:47 AM
Yeah Aly,
:) :D :) :D :) :D

Thanks to you and Josh for your Help and Dilligence....

I am soooooo happy:D :D for Sweet Olly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

delidog
03-10-2003, 06:43 AM
Hi Aly,

I wanted to find out how Olly settled into her new home this weekend...
Hope that all went smoothly!!!!!!
N;) :) :D

kimlovescats
03-10-2003, 09:16 AM
That is sooooooo wonderful that Olly has a new home! Please do let us know how he is adjusting!!!

aly
03-12-2003, 02:49 AM
I got an update on him today. He made himself at home in about 5 minutes. His favorite thing to do is sit in front of the turtle tank and watch them swim around. His new mommy loves him very much and will give another update soon :)

delidog
03-12-2003, 05:55 AM
AAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!

I feel soooo much better now!!!!!!!!
Ollie looked as if he would settle in quickly......

Please thank Josh for us!!!!

He is now an official rescuer!!!!;) :) :D