PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday Grandma...

RockyRoad
02-08-2003, 09:25 PM
Tomorrow is my Grandma Lillians birthday. Unfortunately she will be celebrating it at the rainbow bridge. :( She had breast cancer and enphysyma(sp?), as well as serious nemonia(sp?). She has been gone for 9 months now and I still miss her a lot.:( I know I should be happy because she is probably reading stories to all the pets & children on the RB, free from pain, but I can't help but think of all the wonderful times we had.:( We are all making birthday cards to put with her(I don't know how they are going to do that yet), and here is what I want mine to say, so I am going to put it here so I don't forget it.

Grandma Lillian~~

You were always cheerful, even when you were in the worst of pain. I remember I would go to horror movies with you, we loved them so much. I think the last movie we ever saw together was Monsters Inc(even though that was not a horror movie)We would always eat at Friendlys, everyone knew you well. You had captured the hearts of many people, nobody ever hated or disliked you. When my sister and I would fight, you would be the voice of reason. When I saw you with your resperator, pale as a ghost, I could not believe it was you. You were a beautiful woman. I remember we always used to go to the mall, and eat at the snack bar, and of course see movies. You would never accept money from anyone, and always insisted you pay. We always had fun, whether we went to a family get-together, movie, or the museum. I wish I could have seen The Ring with you, I know you would have loved it. Grandma, if you see this, and you read your card, I want you to know that I am glad you are free from pain, and looking over all the children in heaven. I love you, and I will never forget the endless amounts of fun we had, and all he times we talked on the phone. How we sang happy birthday to you every year, and you would always laugh and smile. Well this year I cannot sing to you, but maybe you will see this message, my song to you, on your 77th birthday. Happy birthday Grandma, may you always rest in peace.
Love,
Brittany

If we could get a few prayers for my grandma on her 1st birthday without us, it would be more than appreciated. Please pray for my grandma, it would be a wonderful birthday gift to her.

Britt

Ann
02-09-2003, 07:39 AM
*hugs* Sorry to hear that, I know exactly how you feel. My beloved grandpa's birthday is coming up too...

neko1
02-09-2003, 08:07 AM
((((HUGS)))) to you! I know exactly how you feel. On Jan 1st it was my grandmother's birthday and our first one without her. It does get easier as time passes.

lovemyshiba
02-09-2003, 10:41 AM
What a beautiful tribute you have written to your grandmother. I'm sure she was an incredible woman.
Sorry to hear of her passing (and I'm late in expressing my sentiments), take comfort in the fact that she IS free from pain, and happy again.

Albea
02-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Britt:
We will join you in prayers for your Granny and also in singing Happy Birthday to her. She's still looking over you with the great love that will never end.

Cookiebaker
02-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Britt, that's a beautiful tribute to your Grandma. She's looking down at you now and smiling. She sounds like she was a very special lady. :)

tatsxxx11
02-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Ashley...Thank you so much for sharing your Grandma with us all, Britt. Whatt a beautiful tribute you have written and I know she is very proud of you!! I'm sure she's smiling down from heaven, so happy to know how very loved she is. Happy Birthday Grandma. It's an honor to have met you. {{{HUGS}}}

RockyRoad
02-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks so much everyone.:) It really made my mom's day to see these posts, and mine as well.