PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite music artist & why?

CountryWolf07
02-08-2003, 06:58 PM
I have two -

Garth Brooks, because everything he sings are so real and sincere, also he pours his heart out in everything he does. I love his unique "way" of performing, he knows what we love to hear.. so, I personally think Garth will come back when he feels ready, he stated "I want to come back" few years ago before he retired.. anyway - He is my reason why I listen to country music. He'll always be #1 in my book! ;)

Kenny Chesney, because he knows what WE want to hear, in almost every song, he seems to send out a message, and plus, he writes songs that we can relate to, such as "Young", "Never Gonna Feel Like That Again", and "That's Why I'm Here".. That's why I love his style! :D

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 06:59 PM
now that's a toughie but I would have to say Tragically Hip ;)

lovemyshiba
02-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Dave Matthews Band
I love them--seen them in concert 8 times, loved every show. I love the messages behind the songs, and the fact that they're not "played out" on the radio--they are such a talented band

CountryWolf07
02-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Oops, I forgot to mention that I saw Kenny Chesney twice so far, and 3rd time in May, if things go well as I planned! :) And a couple more if I'm possible to over the summer!

iceyshiver21
02-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07

Garth Brooks, because everything he sings are so real and sincere, also he pours his heart out in everything he does. I love his unique "way" of performing, he knows what we love to hear.. so, I personally think Garth will come back when he feels ready, he stated "I want to come back" few years ago before he retired.. anyway - He is my reason why I listen to country music. He'll always be #1 in my book! ;)

I LOVE GARTHBROOKS!! YAH! I love his songs they, just make me smile and cry all at the same time!! and I like Avirl Lavigne too, because she pours her whole heart into all of the songs, and if you listen there is so many more meanings behind her songs

CountryWolf07
02-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Icyshiver - You love Garth? Awesome! :) What's your favorite songs(s)? Mine's - The River, Two Pina Coladas, The Dance, Friends in Low Places, Beaches of Cheyenne, and Wrapped Up in You..

I basically have ALL of Garth's albums!!! Do you have any?

Kfamr
02-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Nelly.
His music is awesome, no matter how hard everyone hates him, how much people put him down and try to hold him back,, he keeps going. He's had a hard life, yet he still made it. Not to mention, but he's VERY attractive. :D

Kfamr
02-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Tupac also. His lyrics, his style, his skills. Him period.:)

Kfamr
02-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21

I LOVE GARTHBROOKS!! YAH! I love his songs they, just make me smile and cry all at the same time!! and I like Avirl Lavigne too, because she pours her whole heart into all of the songs, and if you listen there is so many more meanings behind her songs

And her poserness.

primabella
02-08-2003, 08:11 PM
i don't really have a fave kind of music, i basically listen to anything that has a good beat and good meaning. right now, my fave group is our lady peace and i like pink, eve, and eminem. (i'm not *nuts* about him, but i think his songs have real meaning) i am also one of those people that still like old songs like "kiss from a rose" by seal and songs like that. i'm also known as the "child of the 60's" even though i'm one of the 80's. i used to always watch those 60's CD's commercials and memorized like half the songs. i'm so weird ;)

the thing with avril is that i believe she is trying to be herself, but trying to hard. you don't have to wear the same outfit everywhere, avril :rolleyes: she also acts like a ----- and has a real attitude problem. but, for some reason she isn't on my hate list. maybe i like her songs, i really don't know what it is ?? :p

RockyRoad
02-08-2003, 08:20 PM
I'll listen to anything: classical, rap, blues, jazz, pop, rock, etc. My favorite group is Creed, because their songs are very good and just the way I like my rock. And because their lyrics are really good, especially My Own Prison. Each song is written for a different purpose, which is really cool.;)

the thing with avril is that i believe she is trying to be herself, but trying to hard. you don't have to wear the same outfit everywhere, avril she also acts like a ----- and has a real attitude problem. but, for some reason she isn't on my hate list. maybe i like her songs, i really don't know what it is ??

I totally agree, except I dislike her completely. I can't stand to hear her songs. I don't know why for sure, she just annoys me. I have reasons to back it up, but can't really explain it.:)

Desert Arabian
02-08-2003, 08:30 PM
I love every Country singer, especially Kenney Chesney and Tim McGraw. For reasons I really can't explain. A lot of their songs I connect with pretty well, I guess you could say. I HATE the Dixie Chicks...they have no singing talent IMO, and Natalie Maines sounds like a dying chicken. (No offense Chick fans!!).

iceyshiver21
02-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
Icyshiver - You love Garth? Awesome! :) What's your favorite songs(s)? Mine's - The River, Two Pina Coladas, The Dance, Friends in Low Places, Beaches of Cheyenne, and Wrapped Up in You..

I basically have ALL of Garth's albums!!! Do you have any?

I like Wolves, standin outside the fire, pushin' Up Daisys, Beer Run, wild horses, the dance and mostly all of them!
**I have the cd's-
His first one
Scarecrow
No Fences
In Pieces
and Ropin' the Wind

***I want to get sevens and the double live cd! :)

****I never said I like Avirl as a person, but then again I have never met her so It would be wrong to judge her, I just said I like her Music

CountryWolf07
02-08-2003, 09:52 PM
I like Wolves, standin outside the fire, pushin' Up Daisys, Beer Run, wild horses, the dance and mostly all of them! I want to get sevens and the double live cd!

Sevens and Double Live are my *FAVORITES* albums out of all of what Garth has recorded :) I have 4 copies of Double Live, but different covers.. teehee.. need 2 more then my collection of that will be complete! Sevens is an awesome album.. I love every song on that, especially TWO PINA COLADAS!!

Kfamr
02-08-2003, 10:53 PM
The only country songs i can really stand are don't take the girl by Tim McGrawm and thunder rolls by garth.... i love all music, just cant stand some, like avril or britney.

Avril's lyrics aren't so bad, nor is her singing, but i just can't stand someone who sits there and says how much they despise a music or an artist [ like she says she doesn't like britney or pop mysic] and then goes and sings JUST like that person, trying to call herself punk but she's not at all. Just because you can wear ties, dickies, and old school chuck taylors, it doesn't mean you're a rocker. Sorry, she's just a total poser and that's why i don't like her. I don't like fake people. :)

Another person i despise is Ashanti. She is so fake. All of the sudden, because of Aaliyah's death, i think, she all of the sudden thinks she's the "him hop's princess" which is totally incorrect as she's been around for what, like 2 years now? Also she is so computerized. If you've heard her live she SUCKS. She cannot sing whatsoever although with the computerization, she sounds fine. Of course britney and all of thoose other pop singers are on my *depise* list. I like Christina Aguilera though. I hate her style, or whatever she wants to call what she has going on only because one; it's trasy and two; she was so adorable as the little "innocent" "genie in the bottle" look. She has a wonderful voice compared to all the other little pop girls.

Anyways, i'm gunna stop going on and on lol.

*** I forgot to mention Ashanti is stealing Ludacris's style with thoose nasty side burns of hers! hehe ***

Nomilynn
02-09-2003, 01:00 AM
I really like Avril Lavigne. I've watched some interviews with her and stuff, and she seems really shy and sensitive. She is also 18, and she ACTS like an 18yr old - she has a lot of learning and maturing to do. But she's nothing like Britney in my opinion, because she writes all her own songs and actually sings what has meaning for her. She also signs a really wide range of music. She is punk, pop, rock.. I think she's created a style all her own (musically anyway). I don't think she poses as anything but herself, and media has made her something she's not. Her voice is amazing and it's nice to actually hear someone who can sing both live and on an album :p

As for my favourite, I don't really think I can pick one. I like a lot of different artists and styles. I can't pick! :)

mugsy
02-09-2003, 01:10 AM
When I was in high school my favorite bands were Styx and Queen, but now I can't pick out anyone that is my absolute favorite. I like Creed and Default, but I like Tobey Keith and Garth etc, etc, etc....

wolf_Q
02-09-2003, 03:16 AM
I love U2. :D

I've been a fan since I was around 11 years old. Actually, the album that got me into them was one not many U2 fans even like..Pop. My favorite album now is Achtung Baby....I think...I love them all. :) And now, well, I have basically every CD possible (all the albums, singles, live shows, etc.) along with posters, shirts, movies, etc. etc.

Anyway, I don't know how to describe why I love U2 so much. The lyrics are amazing....I have have songs with good lyrics, or well, it doesn't mean anything. All of their albums sound completely different, yet completely U2...it's strange. They can change their sound in so many ways, yet it's always distinctly them. I could never get bored with their music.

I've seen them in concert 3 times. I wish it was more! (unfortunately I was too young for all of the other tours!) For the concert in Salt Lake City we waited in line for over 12 hours to be up close on the floor in GA. We were there at 5 a.m. to buy tickets also lol. All I can say is WOW. That was like a spiritual experience for me.....they are amazing live!! I like them as people too, not just musicians. Bono really cares about the causes he stands for.

OK, I'll shut up now. I love U2. Crap now you're giving me concert withdrawls!! :(

p.s. Other band I like.....Our Lady Peace, REM, Barenaked Ladies, Alanis Morissette, No Doubt, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimmy Eat World....I'm also finding the album by Maroon5 rather amusing. It's unique :D

COCatMama
02-09-2003, 03:19 AM
I used to love U2 and still like their older stuff but the new stuff just blows ergh!!

wolf_Q
02-09-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Lalania
I used to love U2 and still like their older stuff but the new stuff just blows ergh!!

You have a right to your opinion, but of course I could not disagree with you more!

primabella
02-09-2003, 11:43 AM
oh, how could i forget creed, default and no doubt! :D

as for artists i "depise" there is britney and nsync (justin solo and everyone else) there are probably others but i'm sure no one cares anyway.
britney is such a bad singer! if you have ever heard her sing live (yes, i think there was that *ONE* time) its painful to hear. she also can't act! if you have ever seen "crossroads" or "austin powers 3 [the scene at the end]" it's awful! she is fake all over and is such an airhead. "i like to travel to great overseas places like canada" :confused: no offense to any britney fans out there, but this is my opinion :)
and nsync are too whiny. that's all i can say.

i know mickey likes hip hop. i took him for a walk the other day and this car with his windows down was playing some CD (didn't recognize the song) and mickey started bobbing his head around. lol...sorry, just hadda share. :p

okay, i'll go now :D

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure I can pick one! I guess it would be Garth. I love his music and he is AWESOME to see in person!!! I also love Sawyer Brown and they are great to see live as well. Harry Connick Jr is an amazing mucisian (although not such a great actor)I have seen him twice in concert and he is hysterical! It is like seeing a concert and stand up comedian all in one! I also love jazz like Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller,and Ella Fitzgerald. course I also like classic rock...the Eagles, Styx, Queen, etc. etc. Newer stuff I like No Doubt.. Okay I can't do this!

mugsy
02-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Dang Amy, your taste and mine are sooo similar!!

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2003, 01:04 PM
and it gets scarier everyday!

mugsy
02-09-2003, 01:05 PM
It would be scary if we lived in the same town! hehehe

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2003, 01:07 PM
Or the same State :)

Kfamr
02-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by primabella
oh, how could i forget creed, default and no doubt! :D

as for artists i "depise" there is britney and nsync (justin solo and everyone else) there are probably others but i'm sure no one cares anyway.
britney is such a bad singer! if you have ever heard her sing live (yes, i think there was that *ONE* time) its painful to hear. she also can't act! if you have ever seen "crossroads" or "austin powers 3 [the scene at the end]" it's awful! she is fake all over and is such an airhead. "i like to travel to great overseas places like canada" :confused: no offense to any britney fans out there, but this is my opinion :)
and nsync are too whiny. that's all i can say.

i know mickey likes hip hop. i took him for a walk the other day and this car with his windows down was playing some CD (didn't recognize the song) and mickey started bobbing his head around. lol...sorry, just hadda share. :p

okay, i'll go now :D

I couldn't agree anymore. But i've came to like Justin because he's made so many songs with Nelly and him and Nelly are "dirties".:)

Cookiebaker
02-09-2003, 02:56 PM
I really like Martina McBride...mostly because she brings to light serious issues that nobody likes to talk about. I only have one of her albums, but would like to get more. I really like Alabama, too, because their songs are "down home." I love country music, and like a lot of artists.

iceyshiver21
02-09-2003, 08:27 PM
Ok i figure i better say this before I lose my train of thought.

This whole Avril thing, I LOVE the lyrics, only it seems she's so sad, almost trapped, and it kinda makes me feel kinda like I can relate, and I dont really care what people think but you cant make stuff like that up, you just cant. Yah, sure maybe she is stuck-up but hey, shes worked very hard to have as much as she does and with luck look where it got her.

**Ya, you may be right, she dont need to be like that but money does strange things to people, then again mabey she's not what we think. Its all how the gossip magizines and things turn her into being. Plus, I would pride myself in being an Anti-Briteny too, because I dont exactly wear tight tops and run around in a transparent outfit claiming "I didnt think it was gonna be a big deal." I wear ripped jeans that are almost ripped half way up the leg, even though I have brand new jeans laying on the floor.

***And unless any off us know her personally maybe we should try not to judge her. As hard as that may be, because it seems that judging is the easiest thing to do.

****I dont know what im trying to say now my sister just tried to shampoo poor Blueberry and I lost my train of thought.

"Anything But Ordinary"
Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh myself to sleep
It's my lullaby
Sometimes I drive so fast
Just to feel the danger
I wanna scream
It makes me feel alive

Is it enough to love?
Is it enough to breath?
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed
Is it enough to die?
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be anything but ordinary please

To walk within the lines
Would make my life so boring
I want to know that I
Have been to the extreme
So knock me off my feet
Come on now give it to me
Anything to make me feel alive

Is it enough to love?
Is it enough to breath?
Is it enough to die?
Somebody save my life
I'd rahter be anything but ordinary please.

Let down your defences
Use no common sense
If you look you will see
that this world is a beautiful
accident turbulent suculent
opulent permanent, no way
I wanna taste it
Don't wanna waste it away

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh my self to sleep
It's my lullaby

Is it enough?
Is it enough?
Is it enough to breath?
Is it enough to die?
Somebody save my life

Is it enough?
Is it enough to die?
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be anything but ordinary please.