PDA

View Full Version : wwoohooo!!

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 06:12 PM
as of today, it has been two weeks since I drank pop! YAY!

neko1
02-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Congrats! Is this a new goal you are setting for yourself?

iceyshiver21
02-08-2003, 06:32 PM
YAH!!

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 07:05 PM
yeah :D :D

Dakota's Mommy
02-10-2003, 08:41 AM
That's great! I wish I could be that strong. I have however, went from drinking a Mountain Dew a day to one maybe once a week. I still drink other kinds of pop though. Guess it's still better though without all the caffine! But yes, you're doing great!

Former User
02-10-2003, 08:45 AM
What's pop? Some sort of energy drink?

Edwina's Secretary
02-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Niina,

It's another way of saying carbonated beverage -- like soda or soft drink. Cola, 7-Up, etc. It is used more in certain parts of the United States than in others!

Ann
02-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Good for you :) I quit drinking that horrible-for-your-health-shit after I got diagnosed with Syndrome X and I haven't touched it since!

Former User
02-10-2003, 01:01 PM
ok, thanx Sara! :)

popcornbird
02-10-2003, 03:15 PM
The last time I drank any kind of soda was........................hmm.................... ..........I think it was 1 year ago when we were at a picnic and there was nothing else to drink. That stuff is AWFUL for your health. I'm glad I hate the taste too, so I don't have to suffer from not drinking it. :D

Kfamr
02-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Give me some good orage juice befor a pop any day!

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-10-2003, 05:37 PM
mmmmmmmm my fav drink is CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!!
It is really the only thing I drink but water and sweat tea.

COCatMama
02-27-2003, 07:11 PM
SWEAT TEA???! EEEW HEHHEHEEHE
it's been over one month for me now! YAY

Aspen and Misty
02-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
mmmmmmmm my fav drink is CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!!

I LOVE Chocolate milk...MMMM MMM GOOD!

COCatMama
02-27-2003, 07:33 PM
choco milk is da bomb :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-27-2003, 08:20 PM
SWEAT TEA???! EEEW HEHHEHEEHE

The rumor is that sweat tea is a southern thing!;)

I CAN'T STAND going into a restaurant and they don't have sweat tea... but ask if unsweat tea is o.k....... NOOOOO unsweat tea is NOT o.k.... we are in Georgia!!!!!!:eek:

Miss Meow
02-27-2003, 09:03 PM
At my last job we had a fridge full of soft drinks and a cupboard full of lollies for the students, so we used to have a can of soft drink at lunchtime and a cup of lollies in the afternoon - Buzzzzzzz! Now I don't have those sugar fixes, I'm finding I don't crave sugar anywhere near as much. For me, it seems the more sugar I eat, the more I crave. Does anyone else notice this?

Karen
02-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky

The rumor is that sweat tea is a southern thing!;)

I CAN'T STAND going into a restaurant and they don't have sweat tea... but ask if unsweat tea is o.k....... NOOOOO unsweat tea is NOT o.k.... we are in Georgia!!!!!!:eek:

PLEEZE tell me you mean sweet, not sweat!

NoahsMommy
02-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
For me, it seems the more sugar I eat, the more I crave. Does anyone else notice this?
It could be the caffiene....I've learned that its adictive. Interesting, huh?

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-27-2003, 11:43 PM
originally posted by Karen
PLEEZE tell me you mean sweet, not sweat!

:o OOPS:o

and the most embarrassing thing is I misspelled the same word FOUR times in the same post?!?!?!:o :D

Nomilynn
02-28-2003, 12:37 AM
What is sweet tea?

HoRsELUvR
02-28-2003, 07:42 AM
I dont know if I could survive a whole year without Coke or Pepsi.Im addicted even though I know how unhealthy it is.

02-28-2003, 08:07 AM
i used to drink lots of pop too ! But there is so much sugar in it ; and I hate the taste of diet pops !!!!
so now , I drink lots of iced tea . There is sugar too , but I hate pure water , and drinking with sugar is still better than NO drinking , hey!!!
have you tried this : a bit of fruitjuice , and fill the glass with water ! Tastes great!

Tanya&Fritz
02-28-2003, 08:22 AM
I am totally addicted to bottled water. I drink about 2 litres a day :eek:

I drink pop once in a while. It's not a big deal for me if I don't have it.

I must confess, my favorite drink on a Saturday night is white wine :D :D :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-28-2003, 09:11 AM
originally posted by Nomilynn
What is sweet tea?

Sweet tea is when you make tea you add sugar to it... that's all.. but it makes it taste a lot better.

sammi
02-28-2003, 10:03 AM
:confused: Sorry guess I still don't understand sweet tea!! I used to make Ice tea the old fashion way but < I buy the pre mix or cans these days and they come sweetened or unsweetened. When I make hot tea I always add some sugar. Could you not just add sugar to your ice tea in the cafe?

Jessica12345
02-28-2003, 10:57 AM
eeewwwww! I hate all soda! CONGRATS!

Logan
02-28-2003, 11:28 AM
It is so funny to read all of these responses! I am an "unsweetened" tea person, myself, but I LOVE Diet Coke and I guess one could say I am addicted. This past week, in Florida, our children asked for "sweet tea" (Iced tea with sugar) and they didn't have it!!! LOL!!! They were astounded!! It is a southern thing, Sara, but I don't think Florida fits the southern mold! Around here, in SC, there are many restaurants that don't even offer unsweetened tea!

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-28-2003, 06:37 PM
originally posted by sammi
When I make hot tea I always add some sugar. Could you not just add sugar to your ice tea in the cafe?

Sometimes they don't have a way to add sugar... like like in the nicer restaurants... but you can add sugar from the little packets some places... but it is not the same.. when you add the sugar when you first make it, the sugar dissolves better because it is warm... and it just tastes better.. (i think so anyway) ;) *mmmmmmm* SWEET TEA.

Nomilynn
02-28-2003, 10:44 PM
It's weird, because in Canada, Iced Tea is not cold tea. It's more like a juice. Has anyone ever had Good Host Iced tea mix? It's a poweder that you mix with cold water. It's also DELICIOUS. It was so strange.. I was in the states and I asked for tea with my dinner, and they brought me a glass with ice in it. I was like, "oh I'm sorry, I ordered tea, not iced tea." The waitress thought I was nuts.. now I know to order "hot tea" while visiting down south :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-28-2003, 10:49 PM
It's weird, because in Canada, Iced Tea is not cold tea. It's more like a juice. Has anyone ever had Good Host Iced tea mix?

Yeah.. a lot of people drink their tea hot.... I used to be a waitress and we had hot tea. I have never drank it hot though... and you do have to order "hot tea" or they will bring you ice tea... that is weird... do you not drink ice tea in canada?

Nomilynn
02-28-2003, 10:52 PM
We drink Iced Tea, but its not the same thing as cold Orange Pekoe.. it's actually a mix.. like stuff like snapple ice tea.. all our ice tea is like that. no orange pekoe on ice with a lemon :D Not in restaurants anyway.. I'm sure some people drink it at home

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Ya'll call it orange pekoe?!?!:D ;)

Nomilynn
02-28-2003, 10:56 PM
tea? yes.. that's what it's called!! regular tea!!! it's the kind, the way there is Earl Grey, etc etc :D

I would even take a pic for ya, but I don't have a digi camera :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-28-2003, 10:59 PM
:)
Neato... learn something new everyday!!

COCatMama
02-28-2003, 11:12 PM
Orange Pekoe is a type of Tea. I like it and English Breakfast Tea :)

Nomilynn
02-28-2003, 11:19 PM
English Breakfast tastes almost exactly the same :) I like it too.. and Earl Grey

COCatMama
02-28-2003, 11:46 PM
can't stand earl grey, tastes like flowers to me, eew!
my mom loves it, but she will only drink Murcheys!

Nomilynn
02-28-2003, 11:51 PM
LOL my dad says that Earl Grey tastes like flowers and smells like perfume!! I like it alot though.. only plain though, no sugar or anything. I will drink just about any brand of tea, although I bought some Murchies Earl Grey and it's the best I've ever had. It's the only brand of tea my aunt will drink. We have a big Murchies store in Victoria
:D

ChrisH
03-01-2003, 07:21 AM
I am finding this discussion on tea very interesting. To us, by that I mean most of the people I know, don`t drink iced tea often, in fact I have never tried it! :) To us having a cup of hot tea is a normal every day thing, as you would drink coffee. We make it in a pot or cup with with regular tea in bags or with loose leaves, (though using teabags is the usual way). Using tea like Earl Grey and other such speciality teas is not an everyday thing for most people either (personally I like a cup now and again).:) As for sugar, that is added to individual taste. I haven`t taken any in my tea, or coffee, for many years, a lot of people do though, in fact most I should think.

chris

03-03-2003, 08:48 AM
I see everybody really likes tea here !
There is something I'd like to ask . My daughter , who is born in Darjeeling , India , collect all possible packages with tea from Darjeeling . She has already 15 different kinds !!! If anyone would be willing to get other types for her , send me a message , and we can decide on what to do ! THANKS !!!

sammi
03-03-2003, 09:34 AM
This is a interesting topic! I go in spirts of drinking tea (hot). I like it more when I don't feel well. I cheat these days and throw a bag in a cup and heat in the microwave when in a hurry (not as good as using the tea pot). And like ice tea real well in the summer and always with sugar. In fact thats about all you can get around here unless you ask for sugar free.

Has anyone ever thought about having a "exchange" of items from different places? Things like food that is unusual or you can't get, menu's or just about anything that can be mailed.