PDA

View Full Version : Housework

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 01:33 PM
I am REALLY lazy about doing housework and I DON''T LIKE IT!!! I do not like having a messy place at all but I just can't seem to do anything about it half the time. I really hate having to come home after working all day to do housework, bleah! I've tried to make a house cleaning schedule and stuff but I lose interest really quickly.
:rolleyes:

Randi
02-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Lalania
..... but I lose interest really quickly.
:rolleyes:
No wonder! ;) But we have to pull ourselves together! Clean up all the time, so there won't be as much! It can be "dangerous" to leave it!

Perhaps listen to some music, that generarates more energy! ;) and you do a room at a time - properly!

And close the computer while you're doing it! :D :D

Cookiebaker
02-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Something I found that has helped. I get almost everything cleaned up before I go to work in the morning. 20-30 minutes is usually all it takes (if I do it every morning!). Then when I come home dog tired at night, there isn't that much to do. Then on the weekend, I do the stuff that takes a bit longer (ie bird cage, laundry, etc.)

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks for those tips :) another tip I heard is to put back anything you take out...that will save you a ton of timer later!
i just tidied up some stuff...it's a start! but I need to vacuum, do laundry etc

neko1
02-08-2003, 02:07 PM
The worst is cleaning the animal hospital, (vacuming, mopping, scrubbing, laundry, garbage.....) then having to come home and clean the house!!!

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 02:09 PM
oh man that WOULd suck!! sheesh!
one thing I DO do that my landlords seem lazy about is poop scooping that backyard. with three dogs around that's alotta shiznit if ya knowwhatImean hehehe
they have this handy gadget on long handles, sure beats the old hand in the plastic bag squishy maneuver!

Cookiebaker
02-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Lalania

they have this handy gadget on long handles, sure beats the old hand in the plastic bag squishy maneuver!

Oh my goodness, you crack me up!! :D he he he...

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm soooooo glad I can make SOMEONE laugh :D :D
the only gross thing is that they throw the dog...pies in the compost heap at the very back eWWWWWW you don't wanna go too close to that !!! TRUST ME!

mugsy
02-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Ok, now imagine our garbage men on garbage day!! lol <eg>

COCatMama
02-09-2003, 02:08 AM
lol mugs :D

Kfamr
02-09-2003, 02:15 AM
LMAO shiznit.

I don't know why, but i love to clean toher people's houses/ help them but I HATE cleaning mine. There's someitmes where i go on a little cleaning frenzy and pick up things in the house... my dad and brother both vacuum when they get mad! lol Ask Lauren! When the floor's dirty, you know they've been in a good mood! When i was little i used to go to my neighbors house and my thing was to clean and pine sol their wood tables. I'd take every little thing off, put it on the counter and clean them! Then put it back perfectly how it was lol. I used to like the vacuum too, i liked spreading the powdery smelly stuff over the floor. :D

COCatMama
02-09-2003, 03:01 AM
I hate laundry..takes forever then ya gotta put it away, ewwwwwwww

sammi
02-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
LMAO shiznit.

I don't know why, but i love to clean toher people's houses/ help them but I HATE cleaning mine. There's someitmes where i go on a little cleaning frenzy and pick up things in the house... my dad and brother both vacuum when they get mad! lol Ask Lauren! When the floor's dirty, you know they've been in a good mood! When i was little i used to go to my neighbors house and my thing was to clean and pine sol their wood tables. I'd take every little thing off, put it on the counter and clean them! Then put it back perfectly how it was lol. I used to like the vacuum too, i liked spreading the powdery smelly stuff over the floor. :D

KayAnn, I like to clean other peoples house much better than my own. I never minded going to help my mom clean when she was alive. The thing is at someone elses house you don't get side tracked all the time. ( thinking I should move this here and I need to buy this and then start looking through stuff in the closet) Thats what happens to me anyway.

COCatMama
02-09-2003, 12:54 PM
it's weird but if i am at my mom's and she asks me to vacuum...I do it *might grumble a bit hehe* but I am real lazy about vacuuming my own place!