PDA

View Full Version : New "The Cat Who..." book!

boscibo
02-08-2003, 01:13 PM
I was at Target last night and found it, a brand new book "The Cat Who Broght Down The House". I know from past threads that some people here read The Cat Who mysteries, and I was surprised to see a new one, although they do ususally come out in Feb.

::is all excited:: :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-08-2003, 01:17 PM
I got mine yesterday. I ordered mine through QVC. They have a great web site besides their tv programs. I can hardly wait to start it. I have all Lilian Jackson Braun's books! Love that KoKo. I wish my cats were that talented but I love them anyway. Happy reading!:D

Randi
02-08-2003, 01:30 PM
The Cat Who ...... I'm getting more and more curious here - must be a good series! :) For a non english, will it be difficult to read?

Well, it would definately be a good way of learning more! :D

boscibo
02-08-2003, 01:57 PM
Randi, I think they are easy reading. I couldn't find any sample pages from the latest book, but I did find some from "the Cat Who Turned On and Off" Click here for (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0515087947/ref=lib_dp_TT01/002-0830292-8434453?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader&img=2#reader-link) some sample pages. I really like the series, the characters are great and the cats are a big part of the story.

Randi
02-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Well, strafed and belligerently are new words to me, but I can look them up. ;)

Thanks for posting it! :)

lynnestankard
02-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Randi - don't think you'll have any trouble reading 'The Cat wHO......' series. Very easy reading - they flow so well. Hope you get 'hooked' by them - their so good!
Lynne

Randi
02-08-2003, 02:12 PM
I'll start looking for them! :D

TheAntiPam
02-08-2003, 02:48 PM
Another feature of "The Cat Who" series is that they are not extra long books. This makes them easy to carry around, like in a beach bag on vacation. It also means that if you only have time to read a few pages, it won't take until next Christmas to finish the book.

Also, for those fans of audio books, many of the series are available on cassette tape or audio CD. These are great for listening on the way to work!

Edwina's Secretary
02-08-2003, 03:11 PM
I got hooked on these last summer when I found two volumes of four books each (for $20!)

I just finished another this week...The Cat Who Saw Stars (I liked others better!)

These are fun and light reading. Great airplane reading too!