PDA

View Full Version : Captivating Carla is back on Pettalk..........

purrfectpaws
11-07-2001, 12:15 AM
Ok Pettalk Gang...here I am!! I think that this post will be a long one so bear with me. Let's see - where did I leave off?? OK, I finally made it here to Arizona, just south of Phoenix, and we are settling into our apartment just fine. A few querks here and there but nothing major. I was waiting for DSL service to get our computer hooked up and ready to go and that has been a hassle. The phone company loses our order so I decided to just get the manual connection until the DSL gets here....so here I am!! I have missed alot of posts here and it's hard to keep up with them when I've had to use the library and have a 17 month old in tow. Looks like there are alot of new friends here and that's great. I have been out of the element and I have missed all of you. As you know, Angel (Doggiemom) have met and she is just wonderful. I wish all of you could meet her too. We have yet to get together again and I hope we do so soon. Angel, I miss you and we have to get to that doggie park soon especially now with the gorgeous weather. So how are all my east coast buddies doing in this weather?? Just kidding-I don't want to rub it in!! I know you all liked our pics with the palm trees in the background.
Jackie-Awesome pic of you and the 4 dogs and now I have a face with the name. Keep 'em coming.
Daisy's Mom-What a great pic of your Angel Basset Hound.
Dixieland Dancer-Absolutely gorgeous goldens.
Shais Mom- I am soooo sorry for your loss and I want you to know how beautiful the banner is of your greyhound.

There are so many more that I wanted to post about and I will in the future, ok??
So gang, I am back in action and I look forward to knowing all of you newbies and I have some cute pics of our cross country trip of LuLu sleeping with her head resting on Robbie's lap. Too cute!!!
Ok, enough for now and I have to admit that I am a Yankees fan and was disappointed that they lost but I am very happy for the Diamondbacks because they did deserve it and they are an up and coming team. They did beat the BEST. It will take me awhile to become a D-backs fan. Hey Angel, we were cheering for the Yankees at this bar called the Native New Yorker, just down the road from us over here in the east valley. Where did you guys go?? My friend Ginger is going to love you because you are such a sports nut. We'll all get together here at my place and watch some Sunday football ok!!!
Bye for now ~ Carla

11-07-2001, 07:59 AM
WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!! First off I will gladly get together for a sports day! Sweet! Now that the baseball is behind us I need to focus on my Suns! BASKETBALL IS BACK BABY!

Carla I have been meaing to call you and will try to do so today. Work has been so busy lately (FINALLY!!) and I have a had a lot going on. Plus, I wanted to give you plenty of time to settle in before I start hounding you!

Oh, and we were down in Tempe on Mill Avenue (the next best place to be for nightlife and celebration that night) because by the time Clint got home it was too late to try and make it to the ballpark and downtown. We were at a nice restaraunt/bar call Gordon Beirsch. It is on the top floor of one of the buildings and we sat OUTSIDE on the balcony watching the game on the t.vs right inside the bar. It was awesome and the weather was great... nice breeze, perfect temp and even a few sprinkles! Then I screamed my bloody head off for an hour after they won. The streets lit up with people and horns honking like crazy! FUN FUN FUN!!!

We definitely need to get together, I have been thinking about it a lot and just need to make some time! I do love sports (baseball and basketball are my favorites) and think it would be a blast to get together. My GIANTS play the pathetic excuse for a football team that AZ calls the Cardinals this weekend. WHOO-HOO!

Well, back to work. I am so glad you are finally on and would be really ticked off at the DSL provider you are going thru.... think about Cox at home. It's cable modem internet service and it is fast and great. Dealing with the tech support is great too. Very nice and helpful.

Anyway, we will get together soon. Hope hubby is liking his job! I hear the new mall is gorgeous and BUSY BUSY BUSY!!

karen israel
11-07-2001, 11:28 AM
Too cool :cool: that you've met! What fun! Logan has met Sandra and head honcho Karen this summer, sadly I couldn't make it! It would be great to meet everyone! In case you haven't read the post, Carla, we are building "Petsville"!!!!! Good luck to you! Glad you're back!..Karen

jackiesdaisy1935
11-07-2001, 11:41 AM
Hi Carla, glad to hear from you, missed you.
It sounds like you are getting settled, I'd love to see the pictures you took on your trip out here. I'm with Angel, we have Cox and no problems, great service, in fact we have their telephone service too.

Oh Angel, we are big basketball fans of the #1 team the "LAKERS". Love that Shaq and Kobe. Look out Phoenix Suns.
Oh, and we love the Chargers now that they got rid of Ryan Leaf and acquired Doug Flute. Hoping for a good season.
Jackie

mugsy
11-07-2001, 11:51 AM
Football rules!!!! Go Seahawks...yes I know they are losers, but they're MY losers! lol Mike was thrilled that the D-backs won. I was happy for Gracie, but my sentimental favorites were the Yankees since NY has been through so much since September 11. I'm actually a White Sox fan (that's how our Sox got her name).

It's good to have you back Carla. You have missed a lot!! I FINALLY got pictures on a photo CD and FINALLY (thanks to Phred and Mike) figured out how to post them. You missed the entire saga...it lasted for days! lol Trust me, you didn't miss much.

I look forward to your posts!

11-07-2001, 02:11 PM
Well, I just happen to be staring a couple of pics of Kobe right now! I have them up at my desk at work... I just took pics so when I get home I will upload them into this post.... :D!

I also just got a message that we are having a "UofP Nightout" or something like that and we can get tickets to the Suns/Lakers game in March 2002 for $15!! I am SO THERE!!!!! I do like the Lakers and enjoy watching their showdowns with the Suns - BUT I AM A SUNS FAN!!!!!!

As for football.... I don't follow it much anymore but I still love the GIANTS and I will gladly go to a game or watch a good one on t.v anytime :D!

Too bad Arizona doesn't have a football team....;(

purrfectpaws
11-07-2001, 03:13 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know you. I have gotten so spoiled with having DSL service that to have this manual connection is just awful. I have absolutely no patience. Angel, Qwest is the service we went with. We now are getting 3 free months of service for all of the hassle we had to put up with. I love Gordon B, they have an excellent atmosphere. We will have to go out on the town some night so you can show me all of the fun places to go.
To all of you sports fans out there and looks as though we have quite a few, my new fav team is the Phoenix Suns (of course) and I am so looking forward to seeing the Phonix Mercury Women's B-Ball Team....WOOOO HOOOO!!
I almost played college basketball but thanks to blowing out my knee and having major knee reconstruction I did not play. I love to watch it so I'm very pleased with having a team in the state that I live in. I don't have a fav football team so I usually go with my husbands fav of the St.Louis Rams.
Take care and talk soon.
Carla :D

Daisy's Mom
11-07-2001, 04:33 PM
Welcome back, Carla! I missed you and lovely Lulu! Thanks for the compliments on my angel girl :)

11-07-2001, 06:51 PM
See Jackie.... Kobe is in my cube! I can stare at his face all day long if I want to. Notice POTD on the computer screen in the corner :D! Ha ha ha... I got a spare few minutes to peak at it today.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/007/Zb/Vp/WD/iO69857.jpg

Oh, and that bulldog pic is supposed to be our team "mascot" - My boss thinks I should be the one to try and find a trophy that will be handed out to the top team weekly since I am the "dog fanatic" (as he calls me). He wants something that will go with the bulldog/dog theme. Any ideas?

GOSH I LOVE DIGITAL CAMERAS! As you can see I carry it everywhere!

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: doggiemom ]

SimbaTWonderDog
11-07-2001, 07:19 PM
Angel maybe u should hav some Nelly up there... need pics to print out go to www.Nellyfan.com (http://www.Nellyfan.com) hehehehehehehee

jackiesdaisy1935
11-07-2001, 08:12 PM
WoW, Angel, I guess you are a fan of the Lakers or is it just Kobe? :D :D :D
Hey I don't see any pictures of your babies there? Did I miss them? Have a great night.
Jackie