PDA

View Full Version : Karen and Paul, can't you change that rule?

Ann
02-08-2003, 05:19 AM
I've been sitting writing out a long post for the last 20 minutes. I clicked the "submit new thread" button and got this error: "You have included too many images in your signature or in your previous post. Please go back and correct the problem and then continue again." When I clicked back to fix it my whole post was gone.

I'll re-write it later when I get the strength but this is just really annoying... I mean, it's not gonna make loading problems for people on slow connections any better anyhow, since anyone who gets that error will just divide the pictures on two pages anyhow!!

Well, just thought I'd ask.

02-08-2003, 06:38 AM
I agree with you , Ann ! I've had the same thing several times , and also while I was writing that thread about my back ..! Had to start all over again too ...:rolleyes: :( :( ! Please Karen & Paul :D :D :D

jonza
02-08-2003, 06:49 AM
If I'm going to write a long post, I always do it in another program. I've got a little simple word processing program called Tex-Edit (on Macintosh). I can also paste the pics in there and check that everything's looking OK. If anything goes wrong when I post it, I've still got my original copy.
One can also just open a new window whenever looking for other pics etc. leaving the first window intact.

john

iceyshiver21
02-08-2003, 09:47 AM
i hate that rule the same thing happend to me one time!

**Jonza maybe your right, but im incredibly lazy, when i can be. :D:D:D:D:D

popcornbird
02-08-2003, 03:35 PM
I totally agree! Its happened to me several times and its so frustrating when you spend 10 minutes writing, and then the whole thing is gone in a flash. What I do now is copy it before submitting. That way, if it disappears, I can paste it back on. :) It works great.

Paul
02-08-2003, 05:43 PM
   I raised the maximum images per post/signature to twelve. I think this is almost always far too many because of users with slow connections. Most Internet users still have slow connections.

I also always write my posts in a word processor then paste them into the Pet Talk form. This has numerous advantages.

Paul