PDA

View Full Version : dogs in mexico

wolfsoul
02-08-2003, 12:47 AM
has anyone ever thought of going to mexico and saving all of the dogs on the streets? i would love to do that one day...get on the news and raise money to go there and have enough to fly the dogs back...i would just be afraid that they would contract diseases to our dogs before we vaccinate them :( i know that it is just a dream and that i could probably never do it, but its fun to think about...how bout u guys?

Cheshirekatt
02-08-2003, 12:56 AM
I've thought about that, too. When I went to Egypt, I'd save all the bread from my dinner and feed the strays. :(

Ann
02-08-2003, 03:38 AM
Yeah, that'd be great. But you gotta remember that those dogs would have to be in quarantine for ages, something they would have a hard time dealing with :(

When I was in Cypern and Mallorca I gave most of my restaurant food to the homeless cats, you could tell how grateful they were too.

I wish it wouldn't be like this, and that all those poor animals had a good home...

wolfsoul
02-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by cheetahgirl
We have lots of stray dogs here. Tons of them. Sometimes you see packs of 10 dogs. They are scared of people. We leave food for them outside and they come to ear. But when we go out they howl, then run away. Lots of stray kitties too. My cousin adopted 5. I want to adopt some too, but my mom is so scared of cats and dogs, she screams when she sees one. Ask Popcornbird about it. She laughs at how scared my mom is from cats. :rolleyes:
wow thats a lot of stray dogs...here we have barely any...my dog timber and i went around the entire city for months looking for stray dogs in the hopes that we might find its owner ourselves and achieve a feeling of accomplishment lol...we never found one, but one day when i was at school, i saw a golden retriever running around with only a choke chain on and it kept running through traffic so i took it home and then my aunt called dog control :( so that kinda sucked

Dixieland Dancer
02-08-2003, 04:07 PM
What an honorable thing to do. Can't say the thought ever occurred to me though. I wasn't aware they ran the streets like that!

lovemyshiba
02-08-2003, 04:16 PM
I had no idea that dogs ran the streets like that in Mexico, or any other country for that matter. Hopefully someday they can all be wonderful pets!!
What a nice thing to think of to do!!

lexie
02-08-2003, 08:39 PM
in the town that i used to live in. there are dogs everywhere. some are owned people just don't confine them. one day we went back for a visit. and i saw a pack of 6-7 dogs. and three puppies. you could tell whitch one was the mom. she was soo skinny. i asked around to see who's dog it was. they said it was not owned but the town folk feed them. she looked as iff she hadn' eaten in weeks or even months. those puppies were just sucking the life out of her. my two friends and i took the pups and drove around town to see if anyone wanted them. but everyone said" oh ya,those are the puppies from the corner.let them go someone will feed them" the thing was nobody ever fed them. they all just asumed other people would do it. the whole town is like this. surrounding towns call it "the town of the dogs" it's been called that ever since i was little. it's sad. we ended up putting them back with their dieing mother. this town just got a shelter. there is still pretty much the same amount. of dogs out there. if the police are called about them. they just come out and shoot them. or asume they belong to someone. it's soo sad. i swear when i'm old enough i will go down and take all the dogs i can until the town is clear of stray and uncared for dogs.no cats at all. i don't think i've ever seen a cat there.

wolfsoul
02-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by lexie
in the town that i used to live in. there are dogs everywhere. some are owned people just don't confine them. one day we went back for a visit. and i saw a pack of 6-7 dogs. and three puppies. you could tell whitch one was the mom. she was soo skinny. i asked around to see who's dog it was. they said it was not owned but the town folk feed them. she looked as iff she hadn' eaten in weeks or even months. those puppies were just sucking the life out of her. my two friends and i took the pups and drove around town to see if anyone wanted them. but everyone said" oh ya,those are the puppies from the corner.let them go someone will feed them" the thing was nobody ever fed them. they all just asumed other people would do it. the whole town is like this. surrounding towns call it "the town of the dogs" it's been called that ever since i was little. it's sad. we ended up putting them back with their dieing mother. this town just got a shelter. there is still pretty much the same amount. of dogs out there. if the police are called about them. they just come out and shoot them. or asume they belong to someone. it's soo sad. i swear when i'm old enough i will go down and take all the dogs i can until the town is clear of stray and uncared for dogs.no cats at all. i don't think i've ever seen a cat there.

awww thats so sad! i wish i lived closer to u, cuz i would definatly go there when im older too...i want to own a petshop/shelter and would love to find those poor dogs some homes...