PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm

COCatMama
02-07-2003, 09:44 PM
like, I have a F-T job, pay all my own bills etc etc, and yet why is it a man thinks he can tell me how I should spend my money? ppppftt funny, he didn't say anything about money when i told him I sent him a valentine's day package.
How do I tactfully tell him that what I do with my own money is my own business?

Miss Meow
02-07-2003, 10:56 PM
My original response was to tell him to p*ss off :) How about this?

I pay my taxes, I pay my bills on time, I look after the people and animals around me if they need it, I earn every cent I get from my job and if there's any left over to do with as I wish, then so be it [smile]

NoahsMommy
02-08-2003, 12:38 AM
People only treat you in the way you ALLOW them to.

No person that I would associate with would feel its OK to tell me what to do with the money-or time for that matter-I earn/have.

Does that make sense? If someone feels they are allowed to treat you disrespectfully, you need to put a stop to it.

Nomilynn
02-08-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
People only treat you in the way you ALLOW them to.

Does that make sense? If someone feels they are allowed to treat you disrespectfully, you need to put a stop to it.

do you watch Dr. Phil?? ;) :)

popcornbird
02-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Don't mean to offend you or anything, but I'm curious to know why you keep telling us these wierd things? :confused: Just tell him to go away. :rolleyes: LOL

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 11:40 AM
PPB: Um gee, it's a general forum? and i was asking for advice for those in 'know'
Apparently, he was 'just kidding'...weird sense of humour.
My EX BF was a really cheap....guy and made more than twice what I do. For last V-Day I got an electric shaver, but I had to pay for HALF OF IT. SHEESH!!!

neko1
02-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Hmmm an electric shaver, really romantic, especially since you had to pay for half of it!

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Yes
I am mad at myself for not ditching that loser ages ago, oh well hindsight IS 20/20

shais_mom
02-08-2003, 01:11 PM
A good friend of mine from work is a smart girl but she has been stuck in a no where relationship for 4 years. She desperately wants a ring and all that goes with it, and won't listen to anyone when we tell her to leave him. He tells her how to spend her money, tells her that she has to exercise before bed. And if you knew her you wouldn't think she would put up with it, sometimes she comes into work in a mood that makes ME run and hide in the back room, but she never treats him that way. One day she was talking about how he makes her do this and treats her like a maid and said to her " did you do your exercises before bed" and I have a tendencey to say what's on my mind, and I said " You know what I would tell him? Here let me exercise my foot right up your a$$!!!!" My other friend just about died when I said that but I WOULD DIE before my significant other told ME to exercise when he has to look in the mirror! It is one thing if he says do you want to do it together but an entirely another when he tells me to exercise when he has a BEER GUT!

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 01:17 PM
Ughhhhhh!!!! I hope she grows a backbone soon and ditches that loser!!!! Steve never tried to tell me I had to exercise but one of his fave lines was "feelin' rich?' when we out places *which was not often* in other words, he tried to get me to pay for him!! bad enough most of the time i was paying for myself!!!!!!!!!

COCatMama
02-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Well, LOL turns out Brian *the freak in Utah* is well...a jerk hahah. The other night he was swearing at me and stuff on the net so I asked him to stop it, but he didn't so I blocked him. No trip to Utah! oh well.