PDA

View Full Version : my future guineapig(please read)

tikeyas_mom
02-07-2003, 09:30 PM
http://www.spca.bc.ca/kamloops/images/other/other4.jpg

:D :( this is the guinea pig i want he is in the spca right now .. isnt he sweet .. i would name him Jasper.. my mom would never let me have him.. (i actully havent had the nerve to ask her yet )

umm he lives in kamloops right now .. i live in westbank

he is 2 house away .. most of my relitives live in kamloops.. should i get them to get Jasper and then keep him and then ship him down to me on greyhound?? or would that be to streesfull??

what should i do if my mom says yes.?? please tell me a way to get him here without stress!! :confused:

tikeyas_mom
02-07-2003, 09:31 PM
i ment 2 hours .. not 2 house ...

jenluckenbach
02-08-2003, 06:01 AM
HGe is very cute, and I love the name Jasper.
First, ask your Mom. She may surprise you. And if she does not want a pet in the house, I wouldn't want him just "showing up".
Then maybe if you visit the relatives that live near the shelter, that is when you can go and bring him home.
Good luck

tikeyas_mom
02-08-2003, 03:15 PM
:( my mom said i cant have a guinea pig intill ALL MY hamsters die... i have 4 of them .. :(

i love that guinea pig...

wolfsoul
02-08-2003, 03:47 PM
awww thats too bad...guniea pigs r sweeties!
hey we live very close! im in kelowna...what part of westbank are u in? u may know some people i know..

tikeyas_mom
02-08-2003, 08:15 PM
i live in Glenrosa...

visit the spca there and hug that white guinea pig for me ok :(

how old r u ?
i am 16

email me ok ... my email is [email protected]

wolfsoul
02-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
i live in Glenrosa...

visit the spca there and hug that white guinea pig for me ok :(

how old r u ?
i am 16

email me ok ... my email is [email protected]

one of my best friends lives in glenrosa! her name is ashley carter have u heard of her? i think she lives in north glenrosa? or maybe south? lol ill have to ask her later...
im 15 and will be 16 in october
my email is [email protected]
didnt u say the guinea pig was in kamloops?

tikeyas_mom
02-08-2003, 09:14 PM
yes the guinea pig is in kamloops spca .. i love him.. i want him sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo
bad ahhhhh ... i love him he is sooo pritty.. how old is your friend??

i think i might no her is she in dance and stuff??

email me !! :p

tikeyas_mom
02-08-2003, 09:18 PM
i want that giunea pig yes i do .. how can i get it here?? maybe on grey hound?? i dont think i can goto kamloops and get him because umm my parents arnt going to take me there... please some advise... thanks:confused:

wolfsoul
02-09-2003, 12:39 AM
i want that giunea pig yes i do .. how can i get it here?? maybe on grey hound?? i dont think i can goto kamloops and get him because umm my parents arnt going to take me there... please some advise... thanks:confused:
hmmm...maybe ur relatives can bring him to u? ok that was probably a dumb question cuz u probably would have thought of that lol....poor guinea pig!! he needs a home!! u must get him somehow...eeep...
i know how u feel about not being able to get him...i want more rats, but im not allowed...it took my gerbil dieing to finally get my second rat *ahk*...do u know how much it would cost to bring him down to westbank?

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 01:25 AM
probibly more then buying 4 store bought guineas .. and it would be strees full wouldent it ??

wolfsoul
02-09-2003, 01:35 AM
probibly more then buying 4 store bought guineas .. and it would be strees full wouldent it ??
uhhhh...it would probably be the first few minutes, but he would probably settle down....friscos first car ride went great, he didnt freak out or anything...but icarus had yucky diahhrea...now hes fine, but it only took him one ride to get used of it! :D

wolf_Q
02-09-2003, 01:46 AM
:( my mom said i cant have a guinea pig intill ALL MY hamsters die... i have 4 of them .. :(

i love that guinea pig...

I find that disturbing. Don't you care about your hamsters at all? It sounds as if you want them to die so you can get a guinea pig!! :mad:

Do NOT have someone sneak the guinea pig to you without asking your mom! You are just asking for a world of hurt for you and the guinea pig. As long as you live with your parents, you have to follow their rules.

Are you the one that supposedly has a siberian husky also? :( I hope you take better care of your dog then you do the hamsters!

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 01:47 AM
i am not talking about a plain car ride i am talking about a bus ride down on a grey hund...

that would be streesfull...

maybe when we go down and see my grandma we can see him and sighn up on the adoption list .. that would be cool .. but it takes al looonnng time to get considerd a good home to the spca.. (trust me) they dont trust anyone with their animals .. they go though deep paper work and adoption fees and background checks .. yikes:( :eek: oh well it would be worth it ..

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 01:52 AM
EXCUSE ME??

i take exselant care of my pets and who are you to assume i dont.. i never said anything of the sort.. i love my hamsters with all of my heart they are my presious little babys i would die for them..

i ment that post as, my mother being mean for saying" that all my hamster have to die befor i get a guinea pig".. i was mad at her for saying that because i never want them to die..

then i added that i loved that guinea pig..

whats sooo wrong about that ..

i guess i should be a bit more pasific when i post huh ??...

shais_mom
02-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

I find that disturbing. Don't you care about your hamsters at all? It sounds as if you want them to die so you can get a guinea pig!! :mad:

Do NOT have someone sneak the guinea pig to you without asking your mom! You are just asking for a world of hurt for you and the guinea pig. As long as you live with your parents, you have to follow their rules.

Are you the one that supposedly has a siberian husky also? :( I hope you take better care of your dog then you do the hamsters!

agreed

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 01:54 AM
and also i would like to add that i would never sneek the guinea pig from my mother.. we always tell the truth to each other .. you got me all wrong gurl..

i am not like that and i never said anything of the sot previously..

i dont even know what u are talking about ...

wolf_Q
02-09-2003, 01:57 AM
I'm sorry, it just did not sound that way from your post.

And I read another post where your husky had killed all sorts of animals. I hope you keep your dog away from your smaller animals. Huskies are great dogs. But they have too high of a prey drive to be around small animals.

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:04 AM
yes i keep my hamsters up high out of her reach .. dont worrie.. i am going to be starting obedeince classes with group sessions soon the trainer said we were going to teach her to focus on my commands and not things around her (such as hamsters or guinea pigs) so i guess thats good :)

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:10 AM
#1.) me and my mother made a comprimize...

THE COMPRIMIZE~!!~

ok i am going to take Tikeya to obendience classes for (destraction training) .. that will help her get over wanting to eat the hamsters/or other animal when i say 'NO'..

my mom also said that if i get a job in the summer and save up to buy Cage acseries ect.. i can have a guinea pig or whatever animal (only if i have a job and enough money to take care of it buy my self without her help)

she also said i have to pay for Tikeyas(my Siberian) obedience classes with my own oney ..

She said befor i get any more pets Tikeya (my Siberian) has to be totally obedient and not be so interested in the other pets when i say 'no Tikeya' ...

She also said that i have to get the guinea pig neuterd when i get it and pay for all vet bills buy my self...

She said that i have to do alot of research befor i get this animal//..

She also said that i have to discuss the following with my father before i get one..

(and all of this is exactly what i am prepared to do... )
:D

wolfsoul
02-09-2003, 02:14 AM

eep...thats not what she meant at all! im sorry to say this, but these words sounded very harsh and ive lost some of the respect i once had for u! she was only upset that her mom told her that her hamsters have to die in order for her to get the guinea pig...i really doubt that any sane person would actually act this out in order to get something...and when she was saying stuff after about the greyhound thing, it didnt mean that she was gonna get him driven down here without asking, or even that the guinea pig were gonna be driven at all....maybe tikeyas mom was just being curious? im sorry for my outburst but i cant stand it when ppl get totally flamed and then have to feel completely bummed out afterwards

shais_mom
02-09-2003, 02:16 AM
maybe partially the reason we are confused is the shorthand. I know that is my problem.
And honestly good luck in getting Tikeya to be totally obedient, that is a pretty big feat for a Husky!!! They aren't normally the most obedient.
I think Amy was just expressing her opinion in how she saw the post.

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:17 AM
thanks wolfsoul!!

i am glad someone here understand me!!

how would i even acomplish sneaking a giunea pig int eh house.. noway my parents are wAy TO SMART FOR THAT .. AND BESIDES I WOULD NEVER DO THAT ANYWAYS ...:mad:

wolfsoul
02-09-2003, 02:20 AM
thanks wolfsoul!!

i am glad someone here understand me!!

how would i even acomplish sneaking a giunea pig int eh house.. noway my parents are wAy TO SMART FOR THAT .. AND BESIDES I WOULD NEVER DO THAT ANYWAYS ...:mad:
np...my mom would find out if i did that too...she goes into my room and totally invades my privacy *sigh*
i dont think huskies arent obedient, just obstinate...stubborn, but wonderful!

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:21 AM
tikeya is more obedient then most siberians oi have seen .. i am going to be working with her for a long time and i know it wont happen over night...

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:22 AM
and i am not going to get the guinea intill she is not interested or at least obedent enough to listen to me rather then watch a guinea pig 24/7...

wolf_Q
02-09-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul

eep...thats not what she meant at all! im sorry to say this, but these words sounded very harsh and ive lost some of the respect i once had for u! she was only upset that her mom told her that her hamsters have to die in order for her to get the guinea pig...i really doubt that any sane person would actually act this out in order to get something...and when she was saying stuff after about the greyhound thing, it didnt mean that she was gonna get him driven down here without asking, or even that the guinea pig were gonna be driven at all....maybe tikeyas mom was just being curious? im sorry for my outburst but i cant stand it when ppl get totally flamed and then have to feel completely bummed out afterwards

Wolfsoul, if you read my other replies, you will notice that i said I was sorry. Her post was confusing to me, I took it wrong. It happens, ok? I've been flamed many times myself, I didn't think I was flaming her, I was just bothered by her post.

tikeyas_mom, Your compromise with your mom sounds very reasonable. I hope it all works out for you, the guinea pig is very cute.

Good luck with your sibe, if you'd like to talk about them sometime, let me know. I absolutely love huskies, but they are stubborn dogs. I don't know if it's really possible to teach them to leave small animals alone. lol, I've noticed Nebo's attitude is "I'll do it if I FEEL like it.." :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
02-09-2003, 02:29 AM

Wolfsoul, if you read my other replies, you will notice that i said I was sorry. Her post was confusing to me, I took it wrong. It happens, ok? I've been flamed many times myself, I didn't think I was flaming her, I was just bothered by her post.

tikeyas_mom, Your compromise with your mom sounds very reasonable. I hope it all works out for you, the guinea pig is very cute.

Good luck with your sibe, if you'd like to talk about them sometime, let me know. I absolutely love huskies, but they are stubborn dogs. I don't know if it's really possible to teach them to leave small animals alone. lol, I've noticed Nebo's attitude is "I'll do it if I FEEL like it.." :rolleyes:

i see that u said sorry, but instead of saying the stuff u said in the first place about her not loving her animals, it could have been put off until u knew more....sorry wouldnt have to have been said...im not trying to start anything, just making a point

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:30 AM
for give and forget .. :)

its all good and the resoning do sound good i think..

i am going to get a pig from a shelter and give it ahome.. once allthe other stuff in completed.. :) thanks for saying sorry i respect that (ps your husky is very cute :) )

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:33 AM
thanks for understanding my pont of veiw wolfsoul that was cool :p

wolf_Q
02-09-2003, 02:36 AM
Thanks tikeyas_mom. What color is your husky? Do you have any pics of your pets?

Wolfsoul, I don't want to argue.

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:38 AM
she is black and white very cute here is a pic of her ok !!

sorry it is blury our cam is crap...
http://atlantic.photoisland.com/sessions/41787662387/16300952lg.jpg

isnt she sweet :p

wolf_Q
02-09-2003, 02:41 AM
CUTIE!!! How old is she? She's gorgeous! She reminds me of Countrywolf07's dog....Anna, have you seen her?

wolfsoul
02-09-2003, 02:42 AM
awww shes soooo beautiful! love the eyes!

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:43 AM
nope i havent seen her ..

um here is Tikeya and my other dog Oscar he is a shihtzu 1 year old .. (ps) Tikeya is 4 years youngue.. :)
http://atlantic.photoisland.com/sessions/41787662387/16313240lg.jpg

tikeyas_mom
02-09-2003, 02:44 AM
yes she is my spoiled blue eyed goddess.. :)

wolfsoul
02-09-2003, 02:49 AM
i want to cuddle with them!!!:rolleyes: