PDA

View Full Version : The Michael Jackson Special

NoahsMommy
02-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Any thoughts on the special last night on Michael Jackson?

As a psych student, I found it very interesting. Just wanted to hear what your thoughts were on it.

Logan
02-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Didn't watch it....heard some reviews of it and saw some clips this morning, but in reality, I wasn't that interested. I can certainly understand why someone who studies psychology would be though!!! :eek:

Pam
02-07-2003, 03:08 PM
I started out feeling very sorry for him but by the end of the interview I was feeling a little angry. I don't think he was truthful about a lot of things. It doesn't matter to me really if he denies a lot of his plastic surgery (even though his former doctor said otherwise) but it does matter to me if he is doing anything improper with children. I really think he is a very strange person to say the least and I feel sorry for his children. :(

Kfamr
02-07-2003, 03:09 PM
I didn't watch it, but anything with micheal jackson is like a nightmare. He scares me so much.

The Cat Factory
02-07-2003, 03:14 PM
I didn't watch it. I can't stand Michael Jackson :)

Cincy'sMom
02-07-2003, 03:40 PM
I did not watch it, but heard clips on the radio this morning. He scares me. I do not understand why he is allowed to have children!! And I do not understnd why other parents allow their children to visit his ranch.

LoudLou
02-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Any thoughts on the special last night on Michael Jackson?.....

Yes, they don't call him " Wacko Jacko" for nothing.:rolleyes: :eek:

neko1
02-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Creepy, disturbing, hard to watch

NoahsMommy
02-07-2003, 04:50 PM
I came into it wondering why he is so attached to childhood. That was really puzzling to me.

For those that missed it, this is what you would have learned:
*Because of his abusive father, he is VERY self-conscious about his appearance. His father beat him and his siblings senselessly. His father also made many, many cruel remarks about his pimples as an adolescent and about his "big" nose. He made comments like, "Your nose sure is big and ugly, you didn't get that from me"! His father also would not allow any of his children to call him "daddy", "dad" or "father", they had to refer to him by his name.

*He sees children as heaven, an inspiration

*He wants to be like "Robin Hood". His "Neverland Ranch" is named after the story and is adorned with a lot of memorabilia. Robin Hood = never growing up.

*He stated that he doesn't want to die. He won’t.

*He stated that if all the children on earth were to die, he would jump off a cliff and end it all (for himself).

*His children mean the world to him. Their faces are covered in public because he feels they shouldn't be made to be in the media, but wants them to experience life too. In reference to the baby (his name is Prince Michael II, or Blanket) being held over the blanket; he stated he didn't mean anything bad by it. He was showing his fans his new baby.

*RE: children spending time at the ranch. He talked about how it isn't sexual; it is about children (and him) having fun. He invited some disadvantaged children over for the interview and they had a ball running around his ranch. [I was genuinely smiling during this part; he and the children REALLY were having good, clean fun.] When asked if he thought it was "strange" for a 44 year old man to be having slumber parties. He was really put off.

My response? I truly feel that he is unlike any other human being in this world. He may seem weird and scary, but I feel he was being honest about his love for children. Because … he is a child himself. He is not a normal, 44-year-old man. When he spoke about the 14-year-old boy (they showed him holding hands with him in the interview-which was kind of odd) he was full of love for him and his family. He said that he doesn’t offer his bedroom, the children ask. And, delving into a child’s mind, I believe him. Why wouldn’t a child want to have a slumber party with a friend who truly cares and wants to play with him?

I think the reason he is closer with boys, is because he is one. I mean, think back, when you were 10, didn’t you have just girl friends or just boy friends?

He also seemed very uncomfortable and a bit embarrassed about the topic of sex. This could mean that there was some form of abuse when he was younger. He did say that when he was in the “Jackson 5” that he was forced to be in the same hotel room while his brothers were “with” girls. Could you imagine that? At that young of an age?

I'm not saying that I agree with most of what he does, what I am saying is that there is a reason for his behavior and love for children. The interview was so very interesting to me, a great insight into his life.

I DO feel sorry for his children. I mean, he pratically IS a child himself. That interview showed that. I am concerned for his children when they grow up. Who will teach them about life beyond childhood? That is the sad part.

ChrisH
02-07-2003, 04:57 PM
I watched it Monday night when it was shown here though I didn`t really intend to. I had been watching a programme on tv and after that had finished I went in the kitchen to make some tea and then went back intending to turn off the tv. The Micheal Jackson thing had just started and I got sort of caught by it, I stood for a minute, then sat and ended up watching the whole thing.
In the begining when he was telling about his childhood I felt so sorry for him, in fact I got tears in my eyes. Then it went on to Netherland and his spending spree, and I thought, well, no taste in the buying and the funfair stuff is weird, but who knows if I had that sort of money, I may get a zoo in my backyard too.
When it came to his children though, that is where it got disturbing, the trip to the zoo, the masks, the dangling and the feeding of the baby with the veil on...I have no doubt he loves his kids but..... to me it is so past normal it is frightening.
The children visiting and staying over? I think the visiting is fine, the kids have a good time but the staying over is not fine. It may be all as innocent as Micheal says, I believe that he believes it is, but no, to me, innocent or not, it is just not the right thing to do.
I think he is a man who lives in his own little world and does not have much grip on reality, which is okay, who cares!? But what about his children? They are lost to reality because of their father, how are they ever to grow and make a life and family of their own? Maybe he plans to keep them childlike forever, just as he is trying to do with himself.

Chris

lovemyshiba
02-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou

Yes, they don't call him " Wacko Jacko" for nothing.:rolleyes: :eek:

my sentiments exactly

wolf_Q
02-07-2003, 05:58 PM
I watched it. I don't know why, I can't stand him...and I missed CSI because of it. It was rather fascinating. I really think he's psychopath, and he should not have children. Peter Pan...interesting...

luckies4me
02-07-2003, 08:02 PM
I HATE HIMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I am soo serious too!:mad: I cannot believe what he did to his poor baby while giving him the bottle. I could not stand it and I started crying to bad....I wish I could take that little baby away from him and keep him for myself. poor precious little baby. He should not be allowed to have kids and it makes me sick that he can get away with anything just because he has money. I WANT his baby....I would take a hell of a lot better care of him than HE would, sick bastard. Sorry but those are my thoughts on him. And yes in a wayyou can call him a bastard because he never really had a father!

slleipnir
02-07-2003, 08:11 PM
I think its really disturbing...This kid said Michael said "If you love me, then you have to sleep in my bed" Thats so wrong..I'm sorry..but he says theres nothing 'sexual' happening, and even if there isn't it's still wrong..that guys got some problems I think..The new ppl said no one says no to him, and they really should be or something..

primabella
02-07-2003, 08:20 PM
i didn't watch it but i heard all sorts of comments about it today in school. i personally think that people should hear him out sometimes but then, you can't believe half the nonsense he says. i'm confused about him. and that relationship with him and that 13yr old boy? *sigh* i think he might be a little "not all there" or like my sister said, "he never really had a life. since childhood, he's been a star, and either the fame has gotten to him or he's just nuts." lol :p you feel sorry sometimes but then just :mad: he used to be so cool. i loved his music and he was a great entertainer. now, he's just scary and it's like, when you watch him, your talking to a manican (sp?) or something. he hardly has any expression. oh well, i'm finished here..:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
02-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I think its really disturbing...This kid said Michael said "If you love me, then you have to sleep in my bed" Thats so wrong..I'm sorry..but he says theres nothing 'sexual' happening, and even if there isn't it's still wrong..
I think you misunderstood the situation. He was saying "you sleep on the bed, as a guest". Michael slept on the floor. He made it seem like he was being a good host. That was something that seems really important to him.

I'm not defending him, I'm making sure quotes are accurate.

Luckies,
He has a father....he isn't a bastard in the literal since.

One thing I found interesting was that the children had nanny's. And...the part about his first wife "giving" him children as gifts. Did anyone else catch that? I wonder what type of woman could make that decision. How wierd that she doesn't even want to see him. FYI, his wife was his physicians assistant.

Wolf_q, I don't think he's a psychopath...

zippy-kat
02-07-2003, 09:33 PM
The thought keeps crossing my mind....

He seems to be fasinated with children (obviously). What if he's right? What if he is innocent on all counts of sexual acts with minors? What if it's more along the lines of say... a voyeristic kick?

Christiansmommy
02-07-2003, 10:35 PM
I just think, on his part, he should have been honest about his plastic surgery. It is obvious that he has had more than 2 surgeries on his face...and if he is lying about that...who knows what else he lies about (when it is such a blatant lie about the surgeries...i mean, come on...its just too obvious)...if he lies so freely about this....who knows about his so called "innocent" relations with children.

I do feel bad for him, thinking about how horribly he was treated as a child really disturbs me, and i would never want to come face to face with his father...such a horrible man...but he is just too off the wall at this point...

Even though, he has this fasination and deep love for children, he should realize that he needs to be the adult and say enough is enough...it just wouldnt be appropriate for them to sleep over...

Anyway, it was interesting and creepy and sad all at once...just like him...

Guess I can't judge him, until i've walked in his shoes...but he really has made some off the wall choices in his life...for sure!!

Thats my 2 cents worth ;)

Robyn

CountryWolf07
02-07-2003, 10:53 PM
I'll just say this - he's a psycho, and I can't stand him at ALL!

luckies4me
02-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

I think you misunderstood the situation. He was saying "you sleep on the bed, as a guest". Michael slept on the floor. He made it seem like he was being a good host. That was something that seems really important to him.

I'm not defending him, I'm making sure quotes are accurate.

Luckies,
He has a father....he isn't a bastard in the literal since.

One thing I found interesting was that the children had nanny's. And...the part about his first wife "giving" him children as gifts. Did anyone else catch that? I wonder what type of woman could make that decision. How wierd that she doesn't even want to see him. FYI, his wife was his physicians assistant.

Wolf_q, I don't think he's a psychopath...

Actually if you listened to the whole thing he DID sleep in bed with the kids! He talked about how Macally (sp?) Coulken and his sister and him would all be squished together in the bed and he would make them hot chocolate and eat cookies with them.....

shais_mom
02-07-2003, 11:56 PM
I only saw about 10 min of it and found it disturbing!!

NoahsMommy
02-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Actually if you listened to the whole thing he DID sleep in bed with the kids! He talked about how Macally (sp?) Coulken and his sister and him would all be squished together in the bed and he would make them hot chocolate and eat cookies with them.....
The words that were quoted here were in regards to the 12 year old boy with cancer (the boy he was holding hands with). He slept on the floor, while the boy and his brother slept in the bed. He did admit to sleeping in the same bed as Macaulay Culkin and his brother, while their sister slept "over there".

Songlover
02-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Dear Pet Talkers,

I read your comments with interest as I, too, found the Michael Jackson interview to be very bizarre, indeed.

As the interview progressed, I began to think that he really BELIEVES the things that he says and expects us to believe them, too.

If a 44 year old man believes himself to be a perpetual Peter Pan and builds himself an empire called "Neverland", then I think he has a serious problem discerning fantasy from reality, and quite frankly, I think that he wants to and will sustain that belief for the rest of his life. *This behaviour seems appropriate in some ways, since he is a former child star who was robbed of not only his childhood, but also his innocence.

One of the segments that I found the most upsetting was the footage of the shopping spree where he indulged himself like some kind of pasha while his adoring fans waited outside for a glimpse of their hero. Come on!! Get a grip!! He is nothing more than a self-indulgent spoiled super star showing off for the media. What is all this talk about humanity and caring about others in the face of such blatent, gratuitous over the top spending!!! His altruistic philosophies do not match his hedonistic actions, in my opinion.

As for his obsession with children, well, I do not buy his rhetoric on the subject which he essentially summed up over and over with the "what the world needs now, is love, sweet love" philosophy. Any parent who would believe that and allow their child to attend one his sleepovers needs to look at their own motives.

In the final analysis, he is a sad figure, constantly looking to the outside material world for what he lacks inside.

These are my thoughts....regards from Deborah in Montreal.

moosmom
02-08-2003, 08:32 AM
I didn't watch it. I've seen enough of that whacko in the media to last a lifetime.

I truly feel sorry for his children. They need a normal childhood without the veils, masks, etc.

I believe Michael needs a psychiatrist to help him deal with all his demons. Any 44 year old man who prefers the company of children as opposed to adults is in serious denial and need help.

As far as his children are concerned, they need to find "normal" homes that will treat them like children not possessions.

One more comment...I can't stand the man. Never have, never will. He's in need of serious counseling.

slleipnir
02-08-2003, 09:03 AM

Thats not what they said..they said WITH him..thats what the kid said...why would the kid be like "I was like, oh man, well if i have to" or whatever if he just had to sleep on the bed? Doesn't make sense that someone at rich as him can't afford a second bed

mugsy
02-08-2003, 09:15 AM
I remember watching him as a kid (he's only 3 years older than I am) and I really liked him and his brothers. I didn't watch the show, but, I guess my question is, why aren't his siblings that weird? Now I understand that they are a little left of center also, but not totally over the edge like he is.

I think parents let their kids go with him so they can say they know MJ, and that's just sick. I feel sorry for his kids and don't think he should have custody of them or unsupervised visitation, but then, I'm not in the situation. I feel sorry for him to an extent. He has the means to get help and never sought it. And while I think he's a kid in a 44 year old body, he has to recognize that he's not a normal person.

iceyshiver21
02-08-2003, 09:54 AM
HE IS SOO SCARY!!! AHHHH!! I personally i REALLY REALLY think their is somthing wrong when he sleeps with children, not even some of the parents sleep with their children.

***umm..NoahsMommy? Isnt "Robin Hood" the guys who steals from the rich and gives to the poor?? And "Peter Pan" the one who live in Never never land??

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 11:43 AM
I think he's a child molestor and a total and complete FREAKAZOID! and the only reason he is not rotting in prison is because he 'bought' his freedom. Did you see the footage of him force feeding that toddler? VERY DISTURBING
*shudder* And whatever quacks, er doctors, that did all that to his face should lose their licenses!!!

HoRsELUvR
02-08-2003, 12:02 PM
i didnt see it.I dont think i can tolerate Michael Jackson for two hours.I heard about all the disgusting things he has done and besides-HES REALLY FREAKY!

Pam
02-08-2003, 01:05 PM
It sort of reminds me of the fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson about the Emperor's New Clothes. The emperor was actually naked but no one wanted to tell him because supposedly, as the story goes, if you couldn't see the clothes you were stupid. It was an honest child who finally said "the emperor is naked." I think it's sort of like that with MJ. Everyone around him tells him things he wants to hear and no one dares suggest he might be a "little off." In his mind he sees nothing wrong with his behavior because he has surrounded himself with people (on his payroll) who help to keep this fairy tale life going.

I found it interesting that he became angry with the interviewer after it was over. He felt 'betrayed' as he said. Perhaps as a result of the interview he got a little glimpse into just how weird he really is and now realizes he is "naked" (symbolically). Just a thought...

zippy-kat
02-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Well said, Pam!!!

On a lighter note....
http://www.spaceruk.com/features/michael/
Michael is sporting a few new noses.... match each to its rightful celebrity!

lynnestankard
02-08-2003, 02:06 PM
I didn't watch it - we've had such a lot of news about the interview on the media - I'm glad I didn't sit through it. I find him totally 'scary' and in need of help. He just seems to make himself ridiculous (or should that be - - -more ridiculous?) as he gets older.
I feel so sorry for his children - he didn't get a good childhood - and he thinks they are? Strange!

Lynne

Cookiebaker
02-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Well said, Pam!!!

On a lighter note....
http://www.spaceruk.com/features/michael/
Michael is sporting a few new noses.... match each to its rightful celebrity!

I got it to come up once, but ever since it says page is unavailable. Maybe it's down for a bit?? :confused:

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 03:00 PM
I got the same error

Soledad
02-08-2003, 05:04 PM
If this man were not a bizillionaire I seriously doubt anyone would allow him to have anything to do with children. It's amazing what a little money and fame can do to make people think your behaviour is acceptable.

Why would anyone trust that man with their children? Even if he isn't a child molester, and just an innocent kid in a man's body, who would let a "child" take care of their child?

COCatMama
02-08-2003, 05:18 PM
no kidding Soledad...and with a face as mutilated as his, he's bound to give the kiddies some pretty bad nightmares
;)