PDA

View Full Version : A heart warming story....

Violet
05-28-2001, 07:39 AM
Well for those of you who visited my post "goodbye forever" should know that I took my female boxer Roxy to the lake with me this past weekend. Well me, my boyfriend, and 2 of my other guy friends went too and we were all tubing, watersking, knee boarding, etc... Anyway, when I was tubing, Roxy was on the boat watching me. I hit a wave that came off of another boat and I flipped over. I landed flat on my back. It kinda stunned me at first, cause it stung me so bad I couldn't move. I was just floating in the water, trying to catch my breath. As soon as Roxy relized I was hurt, she jumped out of the boat and swam over too me, clamped on to my life jacket and started pulling me towards the boat. That touched me so much. When I got on the boat I just started crying and hugging Roxy telling her how much I love her. I think that made me realize how much Roxy needs me, and how much I need her.

tatsxxx11
05-28-2001, 08:27 AM
Pam, what a fantastic story! Roxy is a true blue hero! I can't believe how these amazing and magnificent creatures come through for us when we need them most. Besides saving you, I think she knows how much you need her love right now. I am so glad to hear that Roxy is eating again and that the hope for a new brother is in the works. You have one very special doggie there in Roxy. And you are a wonderful mom! Please hug Roxy and give her a belly rub! Great job Roxy!!! Roxy could be on Miracle Pets!

Violet
05-28-2001, 08:42 AM
I guess I should of added something else to my post too. Roxy hates the water. Therefore this was very unlike her. I love her very much for doing it.

RachelJ
05-28-2001, 09:01 AM
When I started reading your story, I was thinking maybe something happened to Roxy too and my heart was beating hard. What a relief to know everyone is okay. I know you will never forget that act of courage and determination by your dog.

Daisy's Mom
05-28-2001, 12:23 PM
That is such a great story, Violet! What a sweet dog Roxy is! I love stories like that one. The fact that she hates water but loves you enough to leap into a lake to save you is just so heart warming. You are so lucky that you have her in your life with you.

aly
05-28-2001, 01:29 PM
Violet, I'm so happy Roxy is eating and looking after you. You both need each other and will help each other get through the tough times. That was a great story. It sounds like Roxy is your guardian angel.

nsweezie
05-28-2001, 04:09 PM
Aren't animals the best!
Thanks for giving me a smile

Sudilar
05-28-2001, 06:13 PM
Roxy is an angel. She has shown that she would do anything for you (even conquer her fear of water)! What a love!

------------------
http://swt.edu/~aw1024/adopt12.gif