PDA

View Full Version : Catlovers prepare to be OUTRAGED!!!!

kimlovescats
02-07-2003, 12:26 AM
This makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.messybeast.com/twisty.htm

:mad: :mad: :mad:

neko1
02-07-2003, 05:25 AM
I am thoroughly disgusted but the article was very informative-I never knew that there were sick people out there trying to breed these poor kitties.:mad:

jenluckenbach
02-07-2003, 05:34 AM
people can be so deranged! It is one thing to love a cat that is born deformed and it is another to FORCE the perpetuation of such a deformity. SICK SICK SICK !!!

Barbara
02-10-2003, 04:31 AM
It is absolutely crazy. But if you look at dog breeds like German shepherds (prone to hip dysplasia) or dachshunds (most of them with serious back problems in the age) that has always been part of breeding and defining "beauty standards".

:(

moosmom
02-16-2003, 12:03 PM
I saw this on Nightline a long time ago. The woman was put out of business. She in-bred her cats and that was the result. She claims that it prevents them from jumping on the counters, and scratching the furniture.

Let me just say one thing. THESE CATS ARE NOT Munchkins. And although I do not like breeders of any kind, as there are far too many unwanted, abused and abandoned cats already walking the streets, I will say this:

Munchkins are a breed of kitten that is born with a natural mutation. Here is what my Munchkin looks like. A far cry from those in-breed "twisty" cats.

moosmom
02-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Here's one more picture of "Little Mews Faberge" aka "shorty". She's the most beautiful calico munchkin I have ever seen. But I'm her Mama so I can be prejudice.

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 07:45 PM
WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO SICK AND MEAN??? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...............:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: THEY MAKE ME SO MAD:mad: AND SAD:( :( :( poor kitties:(

BastetsMum
02-21-2003, 02:06 AM
At least this is NOT a hoax. Bonsai Kitty's are. That poor sick human who thought it was funny to subject his cats to the psychological trauma of glass jars! That disgusts me more! :mad: :mad:

I really do feel for the cats and kittens born with that horrible defect. I know that there are natural processes which cause munchins but its dreadful that this *twisty* deformity should be allowed to continued. ITs amazing that human beings can be *corrected* for this deformity while the excuse for these cats are is its *cute* or they cannot jump on anything.

I am thoroughly disgusted! :mad:

luckies4me
02-21-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I saw this on Nightline a long time ago. The woman was put out of business. She in-bred her cats and that was the result. She claims that it prevents them from jumping on the counters, and scratching the furniture.

Let me just say one thing. THESE CATS ARE NOT Munchkins. And although I do not like breeders of any kind, as there are far too many unwanted, abused and abandoned cats already walking the streets, I will say this:

Munchkins are a breed of kitten that is born with a natural mutation. Here is what my Munchkin looks like. A far cry from those in-breed "twisty" cats.

Actually she is STILL breeding and in my state as well as other breeders here who have cats bred by her. :mad: This has been going on for years...her original site was taken down. She still has a site out there, you can find it through a search. She explains how she thinks nothing is wrong with breeding these cats!!!:mad:

I think her name is Vickie Spears. You shoud look around the other messy beast links...they are pretty intersting. I love the winged cats.....this stuff really interests me.

luckies4me
02-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BastetsMum
At least this is NOT a hoax. Bonsai Kitty's are. That poor sick human who thought it was funny to subject his cats to the psychological trauma of glass jars! That disgusts me more! :mad: :mad:

Do your cats not get into glass jars? My kitties do it all the time lol. It's really funny....my one kitten would sleep in her jar all the time, she loved it in there silly kitty cat. If you took her out she would just crawl right back in. What always gets me is how they can actually fit in there in the first place and then get out. They are more flexible than we think. I just watched AFV last week and they had a cat jump into this jar and you would not believe it could get out, but it was nothing to the cat, it just turned around and slid right out lol.

But I too think that site is discusting...although some kitties do like glass jars. Maybe mine are just weird, lol. :p

BastetsMum
02-21-2003, 04:07 PM
I am sure Bastet would do the same thing *get into glass jars* if I let her but DELIBERATELY putting cats in there I think is just plain cruel.

iwuvsmypuppy
03-05-2003, 06:24 PM
im not a big cat fan but i love all animals :) but what this lady did was a discremination to the name of a cat( and to human if you want to go that far) doing what that lady did UGH:mad: :mad:
is just absolutley SICK :mad: those cats did nothignt o deseve that to be tortured and deformed it sickens even the slightest animal lover I JUST WANT TO THROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:MAD: