PDA

View Full Version : Artistic Peanut

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-06-2003, 11:44 AM
I was messing around with Photoshop the other night and came up with these pics. The first one is the original that I worked off of.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p64d2e910e4015acd6ddf692db0367b3e/fd805d58.jpg
I forgot what "effect" this one was.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p42a8b32663f08104b5194e5640ea183b/fcad0871.jpg
This was "bas relief"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/pcee79e28026935c38e7674ab1e460e12/fcad086e.jpg
This was called "glowing edge." I thought this one was kinda cool.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/pd9e3677513ac87bf2133465a300d3a34/fcad086c.jpg
"half tone"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p7d4541263c96a80c02f04d1f9d5c40d4/fcad07bc.jpg
"photo copy"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p91e98bd1f801114503eff8c3c9fe6276/fcad07ba.jpg
"cutout" I thought this one looked like one of those paint-by-number oil paintings you can buy.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p66b1f1b4c7fe00cfde0f9e6f4996da02/fcad07b4.jpg

And that's all. I tried some of these on a picture of Tubby, but the colors seemed to be too much of a contrast and they really didn't turn out that good.

Ann
02-06-2003, 11:53 AM
*grins* I love playing with photos in Photoshop too!!!! :D

The second picture is the difference cloud effect I belive.

Very nice pics :) Although Peanut is pretty enough by herself!

All Creatures Great And Small
02-06-2003, 12:20 PM
I was shocked to see how much Photoshop costs - :eek: I've been scouring eBay to see if I can get a good deal on it. I had Adobe PhotoDeluxe, which was the "cheesy" version of Photoshop, but the support has expired for it and the program has gotten kind of buggy lately. I guess I'm just allergic to paying full price for anything :D :o :p

I agree that the first pic of Peanut is so gorgeous, it doesn't need any improvement, but it's fun to see how the pictures change. I love that last one; it DOES look like a paint-by-numbers! The second one is kind of freaky, like Peanut possessed or something!:D

Former User
02-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Debbie, I love doing that too! That pic of Peanut in Half Tone is absolutely amazing, there's just something in it. Yeah, I love playing with Kitty's pics more than with Casper, since there's not much choice with a black cat, he looks just a black lump in those pics then :rolleyes:
Thanx for posting these, they're great! And makes me want to go and play around with photoshop again :D

boscibo
02-06-2003, 12:30 PM
I love those pictures!

All Creatures Great And Small, look for Photoshop Elements or Photoshop LE, they are much cheaper with a lot of the features Photoshop is famous for. I got my Photoshop LE bundled with my scanner.

ChrisH
02-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Those pictures are great! I like the original best of coursel:) but the others are good too, I especially like the second one, even though it does make Peanut look `freaky` as ACGAS wrote!:D

chris

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2003, 01:21 PM
My favorites are "bas relief" and "photo copy." Photo copy looks like a pen and ink drawing!

zippy-kat
02-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
This was called "glowing edge." I thought this one was kinda cool.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/pd9e3677513ac87bf2133465a300d3a34/fcad086c.jpg

:D Almost looks like one of those velvet Elvis paintings...
I'd MUCH rather have a velvet Peanut painting than a velvet Elvis painting!

What a pretty girl you have!!!

Freckles
02-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
I was shocked to see how much Photoshop costs - :eek: I've been scouring eBay to see if I can get a good deal on it. I had Adobe PhotoDeluxe, which was the "cheesy" version of Photoshop. :D

Look into Adobe Photoshop Elements. Costs about $100. It's a slimmed down version of the true Photoshop but has lots of features. I haven't quite mastered it yet, (in that way it's very similar) but I'm sure it will work well for you.

Randi
02-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Photoshop is a great programme, there are endless possibilities. :D I love the half tone one!

I used to play around with sepia toning, but in a real darkroom - when John worked as a photograper.

Great pics! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Look into Adobe Photoshop Elements. Costs about $100. It's a slimmed down version of the true Photoshop but has lots of features. I haven't quite mastered it yet, (in that way it's very similar) but I'm sure it will work well for you.

Yes, Elements is the way to go if you're not a professional. I got my computer in the beginning of December and I'm only now getting around to checking out all it has to offer (Photoshop that is). I came from Microsoft Picture It! which is a very user friendly program, so I was kinda lost when I started working with Photoshop. The user's manual and the "help" button are wonderful though. I know I've still only scratched the surface because with these pictures, all I did was click on the "effect" and it did all the work. For each effect there were different things you could manipulate to get different looks, but I'm not anywhere near ready to start messing with all that.

I think I paid something like $89.00 from Amazon.com, and I got a $20.00 rebate from Amazon (in the bank) and a $30.00 rebate from Adobe (still waiting on this one). And I know I saw it on sale for even less than that in last Sunday's ads, so check around and you could probably get it for around $20.00 or so.

With all that the Elements version has to offer, I can't even imagine using the whole program. It would take me years to be able to use it to its full potential, so check out Elements - not very user friendly, but worth going to the manual or help buttons for.

Oh, and I bought Photoshop on the recommendation of others here at PT. So thanks! I like it a lot. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Oh, and one of the things that I think is funny is that the whiskers on only one side of her face show up. I didn't even realize this with the original picture, but when the whiskers turned black with that second effect, I had to check it out and you really can't see them in the original one either. I guess I'll have to go home tonight and make sure the other half still has whiskers. ;) :)

TheAntiPam
02-06-2003, 01:55 PM
The original picture of Peanut is one of my all-time favorite photos of any subject or any pet. She reminds me so much of my beloved Murf (RB) and I love to just look at her and smile...

I like how the "glowing edges" effect makes her look like she has spectacles! She is surely huggable in any format!

Former User
02-06-2003, 02:23 PM
It looks on the second pic as if Peanut is wearing glasses :)

ramanth
02-06-2003, 02:26 PM
I must say that the original photograph is absolutely stunning! Peanut is beautiful! :)

I LOVE Photoshop and all it's features. I'm lucky enough to have it here at work. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Randi
I used to play around with sepia toning,

Sepia is what I was orginally looking for.. That's what started all this. ;) :rolleyes: :) I never did find it, but I think I could play around with the "halftone" to get it to be more browny looking.

I like how the "glowing edges" effect makes her look like she has spectacles and

It looks on the second pic as if Peanut is wearing glasses
It does, doesn't it. :) I always thought she had raccoon eyes with that little brown streak flowing back from her eyes.

Thanks everybody, for all the nice comments. She's my little smoochiebomb. :o :D She hates it, but I just can't help but pick her up all the time and smooch on her. :D

rosethecopycat
02-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Here's Snowy through some filters

rosethecopycat
02-06-2003, 03:21 PM
One more

rosethecopycat
02-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Violet

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-06-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
Violet

I like that "glowing" effect. It looks like neon, like a neon sign that looks like our kitties - how cool! ;) :cool: :D

neko1
02-06-2003, 04:42 PM
whoa that is so cool!!! I wish I had that on my computer!! My digicam has black and white, sepia, negative and the one that looks like paint by numbers. But I love the other ones especially the black one with the neon lines!!

koxka
02-06-2003, 04:59 PM
T&P Mom , I got a quick look at my book "Adobe Photoshop for Photographers" and that's is what I got:

Go to:
File>Automate>Conditional mode change>Duotone at the Source mode and click in the button that says "All" then at the Target mode choose duotone> click OK>then choose Type :Tritone>Click in the squares and fill in the blanks:
Ink 1: black
Ink 2: Pantone 1655 CVC
Ink 3: Pantone 4557 CVC

Then you can go to Image>Ajustements>Curves if you wish a harder o softer sepia tone

I hope that is understable :rolleyes:

After that I got a stupid bell ringing and I'm blocked, can't save the pic or do whatever not even close the program :confused: :confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks, Koxka. I printed this out and will play with it tonight. Silly of me to think there would be something as easy as a "sepia" effect. ;) :)

koxka
02-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Many thanks to you , without you post I will never knew how to do sepia pics;)

I messed up a couple of times, but I got it. Now i have just to figure out how to get off of the stupid ringing bells that blocked me... if you find it out let me know please.

For a such powerfull aplication like Photoshop is a good think to have a tutorial book. It cost me 42 $ in a bookstore on a vacancy village last summer, guess you can get it cheaper on Amazon.com

And YOU ARE NOT SILLY AT ALL!!! Who knows about tritone and duotone and all that stuff if we are not professionals photographers :rolleyes:

Vermontcat
02-06-2003, 08:54 PM
These photos are all so cool! I like the paint-by-numbers Peanut and the "Original" Peanut the best.:)

All Creatures Great And Small
02-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Well, you inspired me to go out shopping, and I got a fabulous deal on Photoshop Elements! On sale for $59.99, and then a $30.00 rebate because I'm upgrading from the dreaded Microsoft Picture It, so I got it for $29.99! Oh, how I love to save money!

Now, I just have to get it installed on my Gateway cow dropping of a computer.........(:mad: - still having hard drive troubles).....but when I do, I'll treat everyone to some Herman pictures!

trisha0503
02-06-2003, 09:42 PM
I guess I must say, nothing could beat the original Peanut !!! :D :D :D How can you not adore this face ?? ;) ;) PRICELESS !!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid26/p64d2e910e4015acd6ddf692db0367b3e/fd805d58.jpg

lynn ahmed
02-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Peanut is sooo gorgeous!! What breed is she? ..(oh-oh, before you guys start throwing pillows at me..) I'm NEW! remember?:p :(

popcornbird
02-07-2003, 02:30 AM
Cool Pictures. :) I do that all the time with another software.

Vio&Juni
02-07-2003, 04:19 AM
Peanut is so beautiful!
The last picture looks like an impressionist painting :)

Chinadoll
02-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Great pics! You make me want to go home and play with Photoshop. I was bad, I had a friend install it on my pc....only because I was so ticked that I needed it for a design class last semester and not only did we not get a student version to use at home like in other computer classes, but there was only 1 lab on the entire campus that had it installed on the computers. It is expensive...I found it for student discount for about $250...still to expensive for me. The pictures look great...and of course, it always helps to have such a beautiful model to begin with. :D

ChrisH
02-07-2003, 01:03 PM
I have the Picture It that came with the Microsoft works package I have from four years ago and I have an Ulead program that came with my camera, but neither has very much in the way of effects and when I do use them a lot of the time I get the illlegal/shut down message. The photo edit I use all the time is the IrfanView I downloaded for free a long, long, time ago. It really is a good for the basic stuff and some effects. I used it for most of this.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/pd61e595441e805b4064463413b0b0b14/fcabe5f2.jpg

The top left is the original from Irfanview, top right was done with Ulead (then it shut down on me :mad:. ) the bottom two are both done on Irfanview. There is an emboss and a oil paint but it doesn`t show up at alll well with this picture, maybe because Ebby is black. I will have to try it with other pictures and see.

Chris

koxka
02-07-2003, 07:56 PM
T&P Mom, I finally found out how to get rid of this ringings bells forbidden to me do whatever more on the pic.:p
Once you are done, you must go to image > mode > and mark CMYK, then you can save the image o go on working on it. Haven't tryed yet on RGB, etc..yet.

Also when you are on the tritone window
and you have to choose the three inks
you can choose what you want on the range of yellows,oranges and browns. I guess that black is compulsore toĦhough.

This last days almost all the pics I uplade
to imagestation get corrupted :confused:

Some of you have this problem too?

koxka
02-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Here is a picture of Iuri on sepia

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p958a474342df8bd8e365fed972b0e55b/fcab847a.jpg

kimlovescats
02-07-2003, 10:40 PM
How cool......... but Peanut is a gorgeous subject to begin with!

koxka
02-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Paloo

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p683fb81b135ad207d9ce148169bdd824/fcab82c5.jpg

I have chanched the mode color from CMYK to RGB, and now the pics uploaded correctly.AMEN :rolleyes:

marysmerrycats
02-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Peanut is a BEAUTIFUL cat!! pretty long fur, and those eyes!!
I like the pic with the bas relief effect, theone above it is freaky looking I think.:eek:

koxka
02-08-2003, 04:00 AM
Hope you enjoy it T&P Mom.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/pcfb7b8aadcfdca68e9a70421cabf05a3/fcab2cc6.jpg

If you have troubles doing it , I will be glad to help you. ;) Now I know

Have a nice week-end.

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2003, 01:09 AM
These pics are very interesting but I think I like the origional and the last one the best. I also have a Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE but I really don't know how to use it yet. Maybe I'll learn some day. :)

koxka
02-09-2003, 01:59 AM
KAK, maybe we can start a thread about that on PT? Something like you post your question&doubts and who knows the responses replays?
What do you think?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by koxka
Go to:
File>Automate>

Well, this is as far as I got. :rolleyes: :( :) When I click on "File" there is no "automate" option. There is "automation tools" which then gives me "PDF slideshow" (which I've used already and is great for showing pictures to family) and the other option is "Multi page PDF to PSD..." But I'm still working on it and checking through the help files.....

The picture of Peanut you did is exactly what I wanted to do - thanks! I like the sepia effect better than just black & white because it makes it look old. Then if you get some paper that looks old, you can have a brand new "old" picture. ;) :D

koxka
02-11-2003, 01:20 AM
Not very far!:rolleyes: What version of Photoshop are you using? Mine is seven.
I have been looking for other ways to do sepia pics but coudn't find nothing .

Anyway if you want some other sepia pic , I can do it for you it just take a couple of minutes. :)

tomkatzid
02-11-2003, 02:45 AM
Here is one I did of Kelcee. :D I did Ashlee and Nina too, but, since they are dogs...I didn't ad them
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p566955c263f8f194759b30c744b78877/fca780e6.jpg

Vio&Juni
02-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Kelcee is really French Impressionism :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by koxka
Not very far!:rolleyes: What version of Photoshop are you using? Mine is seven.

That's the problem then. I've only got Photoshop Elements 2.0. I was looking something else up in the Help files and it was telling me to do something that I didn't have also, so I think that's what the problem is. :(

I guess I'll keep playing around with the grayscale filter. I guess there has to be some differences between the $30.00 version and the couple of hundred dollar version. ;) :)

Thanks for the help anyway, Koxka. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-19-2003, 12:45 PM
I was playing around again, this time with Tubby pictures, and figured out Sepia (don't ask me how I did this because already I don't remember how I did it :rolleyes:)

Black and White Tubby
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/pa1070931d32619af68ea48b1175a4db3/fc9d6cbb.jpg

And Sepia Tubby.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p3abd98e93c4e4ebab948140e7faf898f/fc9d6cba.jpg

Russian Blue
02-19-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I was messing around with Photoshop the other night and came up with these pics. The first one is the original that I worked off of.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p91e98bd1f801114503eff8c3c9fe6276/fcad07ba.jpg

The original photo is an absolute winner in my books!!!

And I love the effects on the second one!

;)

I also have Irfanview (free from www.irfanview.com) but I just use it to resize pics. My computer didn't come with any photo package, but I would love to get my hands on Photoshop or part of the package!

;)

02-19-2003, 01:29 PM
Ooooooooooooo!! I wish we had photoshop too ... :( . It is so expaensive , hey :eek: !

We have "Jasc Paint Shop Pro7" ; I can work with it a little bit ; I use it to resize or rotate my pictures ; but I'd love to learn how to "play" with pics too !

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
but I would love to get my hands on Photoshop or part of the package!

I wish we had photoshop too ... . It is so expaensive

I've got Photoshop Elements, which is a smaller - and way less expensive - version of the real Photoshop. I believe I got it for around $40.00, and if I remember right, ACGS earlier in this thread mentioned that she got it for around $30.00. Try amazon.com for good pricing. I believe I got it for $89.99 with a $30.00 rebate from Adobe and a $20.00 rebate from Amazon. Of course I got it before Thanksgiving and have just now received my final rebate, but you still can't beat the price compared to the complete Photoshop. And I'm sure the Elements version doesn't do some things that the complete version does, but it does way more than I will ever know - or use, so just go ahead and get it and forget about the full version.

And Lut, yes, it's fun to just play around and see what everything does. I've come up with some way out things that Terry says "What's that?" I say "What do you mean 'what's that'? It's Peanut!" :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D