PDA

View Full Version : WANTED ... Knowledgeable Beta Owners

tazz1227
02-06-2003, 06:24 AM
Hi....I am looking for any information that anyone can provide me on betas. My beta is very sick and I don't know what to do. He has what is called "bloat" and I have tried the anti-biotics the pet store gave me but they are not working and now "Rainbow" just lays on the bottom of the tank, sometimes sideways and he is not eating. My friends say just flush him but I can't imagine flushing him when he is not dead but then I think if he is suffering I am being selfish.

I do understand it is "just a fish" but I love my fish and if I can do anything to help him I would like to try. So any advise anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie

Jessica12345
02-06-2003, 06:12 PM
im sorry but i do not know anything about bettas...
but i do wish you lots of luck in finding help and getting him better. :( keep us updated please! good luck!:(

Daisylover
02-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Sorry, I can't asnwer the beta question either but I did want to say....HI!!!! HOW ARE YOU? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???!!!???
HOW ARE THE BUNS? ;) We have missed you here on POTD!

tazz1227
02-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Hi Daisey.....where's Heather? I have been heavily involved in "current world activites". :) You know I am in the Air Force. They have had me BUSY! But you know I am always thinking of you. I am in the process of interviewing people to keep the "kids" if I have to go away for a long time. :( Rainbow is gone...I contacted the vet and they stated that there was nothing I could do to save him and they gave me the "humane" way to put Rainbow to sleep. My friend did it last night. I couldn't watch! I stayed in the room with the kids. I know people tell me "it was just a fish" but it was MY FISH! I get attached to all of my animals. I don't know what I would do if something happened to my kids. That is why I am carefully screening candidates to keep them while I am gone. I promise not to stay away so long. Miss ya much and pray for me and my other military family.

Jackie

Daisylover
02-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Oh Tazz!!!! I had no idea you were in the Air Force. Somehow I thought you were with the Center for Disease Control......

You WILL let us know if you get posted, right? We are all very concerned about what is going on. I know it's a pretty wild offer but I'm sure I could take your buns for a while for you if can't find someone who will take good care of your kids.
I've driven to Pittsburgh to pick up rescued bunnies, I can just as easily drive to Atlanta for yours. After all, I consider you a friend and I want to see your guys get excellent care too. (BTW, I've driven to Atlanta sev times so it's not as reckless an offer as you might think and I am serious!)

Heather has been busy. She's thinking of adopting a fourth bun...she has to pass a home inspection first, but they would have to be crazy to turn her down. I think, though, the main problem we haven't heard from her much is that one of her darlings chewed through the mouse cord on her cpu!!!

I'm sorry about Rainbow. I too have had two losses.....sweet Sammy Wam went just bef C'mas and then Casey just a week or so ago. It is so incredibly hard to lose a four-footed friend. I really do understand.

If it isn't against national security, please tell me what unit you are with, etc., so I can keep tabs as it seems every day they are calling up more and more units. Rest assured my prayers are with you. I truly hope you do not have to go....selfish of me I know. PLEASE stay in touch and I'll shoot off a note to Heather,
Take care.

tazz1227
02-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Daisey...do you know how truly thankful I am for that offer!! I called my mom and told her about you! I do work at the centers for disease control but I am also in the Air Force Reserves. I am not sure of the distance from Michigan to Georgia, however I would gladly meet you half way and I would pay you to keep my kids. I would feel so much more at ease! Thank you so much for the offer and I promise to keep you posted. I can tell you this, when you hear them call for Reserve troops to be activated in Georgia, listen for Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Georgia. Now they have done a lot of the Army, but I am in the Air Force.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. When we were taking care of Rainbow last night, it was hard however, I don't know what I would do if something happened to my kids. Or if something happened to 1 and the other one was left. I don't think they can survive without each other.

Thanks again Daisey for EVERYTHING. People like you are truly a blessing!!

Daisylover
02-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you, I spent yesterday goof....err, sick and I didn't come into work! :D

Yes, I am serious about your taking your bunnies if no one else passes your foster-bunny test. I have a lot of vacation time and I can pretty much come and go as I please from work so I can't image it would be a problem to get to Atlanta. Or I could meet you somehwere, whatever is fine. I HOPE it doesn't come to that..that you have to go but be assured your bun kids will be taken care of. I expect it's prob not quite a full 2 day trip...
When we drive to Marco Island FLA we stop in Knoxville and then we stop somewhere in northern FLA. so it's no big deal.

And believe I know how much Boy-Boy and Girl-Girl mean to you. My guys mean a lot to me too and that's why it's not a hardship to take your buns should it be necessary. However, Tazz, I'm hoping you will be keeping your butt firmly in your chair at the CDC!!!!! ;)

You should be hearing from Heather shortly, if not already. Take care of yourself and kow that I am thinking of you. Do stay in touch even if you end up staying put!

tazz1227
02-11-2003, 11:46 AM
I just don't know what to say!! :D I will do my best to keep my butt in my chair here at CDC however if "Uncle Sam" picks my butt up and I need to go, I will gladly pay any expenses for you to come and get my kids or to get them to you. I would feel so much better knowing they were being taken care of properly and I can't think of a better "foster mommy"!! Thank you again!! :)

Daisylover
02-12-2003, 09:08 AM
OK. We'll cross that bridge IF it becomes necessaary. Do stay in touch. I'll be thinking of you and the kids in the meantime. :D

Heather Wallace
02-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Hi Tazz and Daisy

I am so happy that if you have to go away Tazz that Daisy will take your babies.

How are you anyway, Im ok, I picked up Milly today, my fourth bun, Daisy I didn't get Milly from the place who wanted to home check me, i got it from a local rescue place instead. they didn't think it was essential that they check me as I know them and but bunny stuff from them.

Milly is cute, she has one and a bit ears, I have just settled her in, but will post pictures soon, ok.

You both take care now and Tazz do keep in touch.xx

tazz1227
02-13-2003, 11:45 AM
H i Heather! Missed ya much!! I can't tell you HOW THRILLED I am to have the peace of mind that my kids will be properly taken care of. People here have offered but they don't have bunnies and that made me nervous. My kids are spoiled! :) Happy to hear about your new addition to your family. Where did you get the half log roll in your picture? I saw one however, my kids were a little too big. :( They are "healthy" kids. :D I have new pictures in the shop and will post them as soon as I get them. They look the same, just a little bigger.

Jackie

Heather Wallace
02-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Tazz, i go the log tunnel from

www.bunnybazaar.co.uk

But I am sure you will be able to get them from an american site, hopefully someone will be kind enough to tell you.

Look forward to the pictures.

Daisylover
02-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Tazz,
I bought a good sized wicker tunnel (organic of course) for my guys. Actually I bought 3 of them, they are sturdy but not quite as long as I had envisioned but the buns do love to run through them...I'll have to go take a look on the web but I think it was probably from bunnybytes. All threetunnels are over a year old and are still in reasonable shape although the buns have chewed on them, which is the idea after all.........Chocolate even put a window in hers!!!! Smart girl!!! ;)

Heather Wallace
02-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Clever Chocolate!