PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE Visit Maddie

ilovehounds
04-20-2001, 07:37 PM
Please go see Maddie, another result of mans kindness to their pet..... get the tissue...

http://www.showdog-magazine.com/Maddie.htm

ANIMAL ABUSE-The ultimate act of cowardice and mental derangement!!

Bonnie and My Girls
Cairns and Friends
www.cairnsandfriends.homestead.com (http://www.cairnsandfriends.homestead.com)

RachelJ
04-20-2001, 10:43 PM
I am left without the proper words to express my feelings after reading about Maddie. Horrified doesn't even begin to describe my emotions.

Sudilar
04-21-2001, 09:06 AM
I am in tears. How could this happen to such a darling, defenseless pup? Life is so unfair. All of this could have been avoided if her owners would have had the common decency to treat her like a living being! I am so angry at her owners!! I am so impressed at the people who are trying to save her. I hope she makes it. I pray that she makes it. She deserves a good life. I am sad.

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

tatsxxx11
04-21-2001, 11:07 AM
I read this last night, hoping it was finally a case of abuse with a somewhat happy ending. I read anxiously through the days, as my stomach sank with each..."Angel had a not so good day." I was unable to continue when I saw her photo in her Easter outfit. Why God, why? I pray for her. Words are inadequate. I want to help her still, and will. I pray there is still hope. I love you beautiful Maddie. What incredible bravery and spirit you have. Should you have to leave us sweet girl, you will surely be one of God's brightest, beautiful angels. I Love You

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited April 22, 2001).]

shais_mom
04-21-2001, 11:24 AM
Poor Sweet Baby Girl!!
Springer Spaniels are such sweet creatures, I am going to be very blunt and say these people should be shot!!!! Or at least stuck outside and denied food and water also.
I am not familiar with the "E" disease can anyone tell me what it is? I know what encephilitis is I am talking about the other one.

------------------
~~"You do not own a dog, the dog owns you."~~
(Anonymous)

RachelJ
04-22-2001, 02:14 PM
I went back to this website today. There are updates. I don't know how this poor soul will pull through, but there is a saying "Where there is life, there is hope." It would be the best thing in the world to see Maddie make it after all she has been through so she could enjoy all the love that is waiting for her.

Gio
04-23-2001, 06:44 AM
Things like this make me so mad, why do this people get a dog if they are going to treat it this way?

I hope sweet Maddie will pull through, I'll be thinking of her.

AdoreMyDogs
04-23-2001, 07:59 AM
It's so hard to see that sweet little dog, she's so thin and sick.

Poor Maddie. I sure hope she pulls through this aweful mess. I am ashamed that any human being could do this to an animal and I hope they get more then just a slap on the wrist for this!

tatsxxx11
04-23-2001, 05:00 PM
I can't stop thinking of little Maddie. I printed her picture. The one of her in her Easter bandana, looking so brave. I pray that she will know the blessing of a miracle. Thinking of you Maddie. Love, Sandra, Star and Cody

Sudilar
04-23-2001, 06:05 PM
I keep checking for today's update. I'm so afraid it will be bad news. My heart breaks each time I check the web site. I pray that she will get better.
Sue

Sudilar
04-24-2001, 09:20 AM
Maddie is still with us as of Monday. Hang on, Maddie!

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

RachelJ
04-24-2001, 11:42 AM
Maddie, please know that there are many of us out here praying for you and sending you our love. Please, don't give up, there are so many good things waiting for you to enjoy.

Rachel, Hannah, and Tucker

Pam
04-24-2001, 08:09 PM
Today's update seems a little encouraging. Gosh I really hope this sweetie makes it! What a hard fight she is putting up!

tatsxxx11
04-26-2001, 04:31 PM
Praying hard for you Maddie...Be brave, sweet girl. We love you.

nsweezie
04-26-2001, 10:29 PM
It took me a while to post a response to this, tears were making it hard to type.
I pray that this dog will make it. I am sure that there is a special place in hell for the people that would do this to an innocent animal.
I wonder how many other people, after reading this, went and gave their own animals a hug or a pat on the head. I know I did.

Gio
04-27-2001, 05:31 AM
The most recent picture of Maddie is heartbreaking.

I agree with you nsweezie about the place in hell, I know that they are thinking of taking legal action against them. And yes, I also hugged my pets after reading Maddie's story.

RachelJ
04-27-2001, 08:43 AM
Yes, I did too. Especially my little Tucker. I cuddled his spaniel head and kissed it over and over and said, "This one is for Maddie."

Sudilar
04-27-2001, 10:03 AM
I hugged Shiloh and cried. She just looked at me and gave me a kiss.

ilovehounds
04-30-2001, 09:31 AM
I am so sorry to have to post this letter, it was sent to me this morning.

The little abused Springer...

Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 10:17 PM
Subject: Maddie Update 04/28

Dear Fellow Maddie Lovers,
Today Maddie gave me a sign. She let me know, without a doubt, that she was
ready to go to the Rainbow Bridge. Deep down I knew she would let me know if
and when she was ready, and many of you reminded me of this fact on a daily
basis. I can only say that if you were there, you would have seen it, too.

I went in to visit her this afternoon after dealing with a broken vehicle in
the morning. The kids in charge of her daily feeding and love-giving looked
really sad. I could see it in their eyes before I went to her cage. She
hadn't eaten a thing all day, and hadn't been drinking, either. They were
heartbroken, because they had really tried to entice her to eat. They said
she appeared not to even have the strength to do it.

I went in her room to see her. She had undergone a definite change since
yesterday afternoon. Her eyes turned to see me, but she did not lift her
head as much as she usually would. I do know that she knew me, and stretched
her nose out ever so slightly when I went to stroke her head and speak to
her. Her breathing was very rapid and shallow. I just knew. I called her
vet and told her that it was time. She had seen her a few hours prior, and
asked me if I was ready. I replied "as ready as I'll ever be".

We got her little bed, cushioned her with a bunch of towels, and covered her
little body with one to keep her warm. We carried her outside into the yard,
where there was sunshine and a little breeze. While we waited for Paige, her
vet, I held Maddie and told her how much everyone loved her and that it was
OK for her to go now. We sat like that for a good while, me talking to her,
stroking her on her little blaze, as always. Her breathing evened out as we
sat together and looked into each other's eyes. I can definitely tell you
she knew it was me holding her. She never took her eyes off mine. Paige
showed up in a little while and very gently put her to sleep as I held her in
my arms and kissed her on the head for myself and for everyone else who loved
her. Paige said Maddie probably wouldn't have made it through the night in
that condition, and there's no way we would have let her go alone like that.
As sad as we were, we knew we did the right thing.

Please check back soon on Maddie's pages for an epilogue. I have been
compiling a list of her benefactors, and wish for everyone to see it. It's
not quite ready yet, but will be in a few days. I can't thank everyone
enough who has supported and encouraged us through this. It's like all of
you were with us every step of the way. It meant so much to both Maddie and
myself. Maddie is at peace now, and in a better place. All of us have a
little Maddie angel watching over us now, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Kate Kyer
English Springer Rescue America
Rescue/Foster/Adoption Coordinator-DFW, TX www.springerrescue.org (http://www.springerrescue.org)
ESRA - Maddie
Show Dog Magazine.com...Maddie

Gio
04-30-2001, 10:53 AM
The first thing I did each morning was to check if there were any news. It really did break my hear this morning when I read the news. I spent most of the day in the office trying not to burst into tears (without much success I must add). Only now I can bring myself to write about it.

My heart goes out to the people who took care of her to the very last minute. At least that sweet angel realised that not all human are monsters. I will light a candle for her tonight.

Thanks for letting us know about Maddie, we really have to try our best to prevent this from happening to some other trusting animal. Here I go, crying again.

[This message has been edited by Gio (edited April 30, 2001).]

Sudilar
04-30-2001, 12:04 PM
I had to walk away from the computer for a while after I heard about Maddie. I still can't stop crying again....

Sweet dreams, dear little Maddie. In your too short life, you have seen the extremes of humankind: the evil, the love. You have touched the hearts of many. May your death have not been in vain. Stop the abuse!
I will ask that Wolf and Avalanche take you under their paw at Rainbow Bridge til any one of us that you have touched (even though we never even met you), can bring you over with them.
Rest in peace.
Sue

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

[This message has been edited by Sudilar (edited April 30, 2001).]

nsweezie
04-30-2001, 07:51 PM
The only bright side to this whole sad story is the amazing people that helped to make Maddie's last few days as happy as possible
God bless them all

Daisy's Mom
04-30-2001, 08:47 PM
Oh... when I didn't see an update for a while I began to get nervous... this is just awful. What a bad day! Poor Maddie... and to top it all off, I found out my grandfather has passed away as well. Well, I thank God for the people that made Maddie's last few days special.

Sudilar
04-30-2001, 09:46 PM
Daisy'sMom,
So sorry to hear about your grandfather. Condolences to you and your family.
Sue

Dixie Belle
05-01-2001, 12:13 AM
That was the worst thing I have seen. How can people do stuff like that to pets. My husband and I were feeling guilty thinking we weren't spending enough time with our pets, and then I saw that. It makes me want to pull them in my lap and give them a huge hug.

[This message has been edited by Dixie Belle (edited May 01, 2001).]