PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute To Pepper

krazyaboutkatz
02-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Hi everyone. As many of you know my sweet Pepper passed away on Monday Feb. 3rd. I would like to tell you his story and post some pics of him. I adopted Pepper when he was only 9 weeks old from a rescue organization called Care. I chose him because he was the friendliest and was purring very loudly. When I brought him home he and Storm bonded within an hour and became best friends. Here are a few pics of Pepper as a kitten. I'm sorry the quality is bad but I didn't have a digital camera back then.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pcf2f1b860209b3a4a3cc593b8f0fa324/fcb077d9.jpg
Pepper at about 12 weeks old.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/p86fcde04865464ff112cdb1b559eb225/fcb077d6.jpg
Look at those big ears. I'm bat cat.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/p0eaf5e25bb22bf80e254d895cade23d2/fcb077d3.jpg
My big brother Storm is washing me.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p2d8c5a57b74940281c62fdccb4bfcb65/fcb99138.jpg
Here I am at about 5 months of age. I didn't start getting real furry until I was a bit older.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/paa0300c2bd55dc0017179a78a2c02046/fcad8a3c.jpg
Here I am at a little over a year old with my big brother Storm. I was very scared in this picture.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pd26b00b4ce5b0472f79c9c6033f60528/fd6b89e5.jpg
Here I am all grown up. I'm mommy's cuddly teddy bear.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p8c4c32af9b58672db4387bf6bdceb319/fd6b7b3e.jpg
I'm a beautiful boy.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/p4fef54d8a11f3820ef48bd33d13989b6/fd735bf0.jpg
Here I am striking a pose.

Pepper was such a sweet, gentle, sensitive, and very easy going cat. He loved to knead me and purr loudly in my ear. He also loved to sit in my lap and liked me to give him hugs. Since he didn't demand as much attention as my other two cats, he was sometimes overlooked by people. He also loved to watch the other two cats play but would sometimes join in if he was feeling extra frisky. He loved to eat and sleep too. I miss him so much and will never forget him. I'll always love you Pepper. Please rest in peace.

shais_mom
02-06-2003, 12:36 AM
Those are precious gorgeous pictures, Tracey. I love the one with him at about 5 mos in the leaves.
He was a beautiful, sweet, loving boy, and will be very missed by you and his brothers. I hope you are doing well. If you need anything we are here for you!
Staci

zippy-kat
02-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Beautiful...stunning... there aren't enough words to contain "Pepper."

I absolutely LOVE his eyes in the "frightened" picture.

Tracey, it's never easy when they leave us but please remember it won't be forever. It's so very hard -- even harder when you have to make that final decision. I'm sure Pepper knew he was well loved and had the best home ever. God bless you, Tracey. I'm keeping your family (skin and fur alike) in my thoughts and prayers. Sweet Pepper, sleep peacefully... mommy's holding you in her thoughts, heart, and dreams.

Nomilynn
02-06-2003, 12:43 AM
That is a wonderful tribute. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AmberLee
02-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Pepper was sort of shy, but friendly and not timid of visitors. He was very friendly and loving.

What were his favorite toys? He enjoyed watching you blow catnip-flavored bubbles, didn't he?

I love the story of him popping out into your hallway and racing back inside when the tiny dog down the hall appeared.

I can picture him studying rainbows and bubbles and rolling in catnip at the rainbow bridge, as he awaits the joyful reunion of the four of you sometime in years to come: happy and healthy and together again.

Efrat
02-06-2003, 01:27 AM
Beautiful story, and great photos! He was a handsome boy and will always live in your heart! :)

Former User
02-06-2003, 01:38 AM
Tracey, that's a lovely tribute. I got tears in my eyes, you loved this guy so much and he was taken way too soon from you. He was a handsome cat. May he Rest In Peace now.

Take care Tracey!

((((((((((((Tracey))))))))))))

02-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Tracey , this is a very special tribute to your beloved Pepper !! Everyone can feel here how much you loved this lovely guy :)
I must agree with the others here : as time goes by , the pain will ease . I had the same experience with my Sydney last year . At first , i thought I would never be able to stop crying :( . It still hurts a lot now , but I try to cherish the fine moments I had with Sydney , and of course I have my two new cats now . Inka & Maya were sent by Sydney , I AM SURE OF THAT !!!

Take care , dear Tracey !!
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/clipart/rainbow.gif

Barbara
02-06-2003, 03:23 AM
Pepper was such a handsome boy. And this is a great story. I know he will live in your heart forever.

jenluckenbach
02-06-2003, 05:06 AM
What a wonderful tribute to Pepper. Thank you for sharing his life's pictures. You never have to stop thinking about him. I still say things like "Brighteyes did this" or "Remember how Amanda did that". He will always be a part of you. And thanks to pet talk, he'll always be a part of us, too.

neko1
02-06-2003, 05:29 AM
What a wonderful tribute. Thank you for sharing. I especially like the one of Pepper in the leaves-what a stunning kitty.

Randi
02-06-2003, 05:39 AM
Tracey, thank you for sharing these precious pictures of Pepper - and a wonderful tribute to him. I've had a soft spot for Pepper all along, he looked a lot like John's RB cat Batman. So sweet soft and cuddly.
I know how much you're going to miss him, but I hope you'll be comforted in knowing you did all you could. I'm sure he felt that too. Cherish your precious memories - and know we're here for you! :)

Sleep peacefully sweet Pepper! You will always be remembered! :)

catlady1945
02-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Thank you for sharing photos of Pepper. What a lovely boy.

HayleyRosie
02-06-2003, 06:38 AM
That was a great tribute to Pepper. I really enjoyed looking at his life pictures. You will miss him forever, but as the others said time will ease the pain.

lynnestankard
02-06-2003, 06:47 AM
Oh Tracey what a wonderful tribute to your beautiful furboy - I'm having a *sniffle* and sending lots of {{{{{Hugs}}}}} across the miles to you xx

Lynne

Vio&Juni
02-06-2003, 06:59 AM
Pepper was a gorgeous boy.
I hope he met our black beauty Naomi at the RB and is happy there.
Thanks for sharing his pictures and his story.

Ann
02-06-2003, 07:04 AM
I'm so sorry... Your wonderful tribute to beautiful Pepper made me cry *hugs*

trisha0503
02-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Very inspiring... :( Just remember the good times that you had with Pepper ... I know he lives in your heart forever ...

{{{TRACEY}}} from Rosebel, Missy and Toby

Kona & Oreo's mom
02-06-2003, 09:35 AM
What a wonderful tribute to Pepper. He surely had a wonderful life being a loved, cherished part of your family. Thank you for sharing his sweet story.

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Tracey,

What a brave thing you did with your wonderful tribute to Pepper! My heart breaks for your loss of Pepper.

Here's to his memory!

Sara

gini
02-06-2003, 10:13 AM
Even though they make you cry - isn't it wonderful to have lots of pictures of Pepper to remember all of his stages of growth and fun!

Pepper will always be with you and I am sure his beautiful eyes are wide open in amazement of all that was waiting for him at the Rainbow Bridge. And best of all he is pain free!

Bless you Tracey - you made a selfless decision which is so difficult to make.

He will patiently wait for you until it is time for you both to be reunited some day. But, can you feel the love he is sending to you right now in gratitude?

All Creatures Great And Small
02-06-2003, 10:32 AM
What wonderful pictures - that is a lovely tribute to Pepper. What a cutie-pie he was when he was a baby! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Pepper was always one of my favorites because he's black and because of your "gentle giant" description. He was such a cutey when he was little - love the "bat cat" picture. :D

He was a very handsome boy and I'm sure you miss him terribly. I'm so glad you put this tribute together so we could "watch" as he grew up.

You've been through so much. I hope you are comforted knowing you did all you could. I know Pepper loved you too, and is romping at the RB right now, thanking you for thinking of his best interests.

RIP sweet Pepper.

ChrisH
02-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Tracey, such lovely pictures of Pepper as a sweet little kitten and then of him growing into such a gorgeous boy. Thank you for sharing them and his story with us in such a beautiful tribute.

Hugs and much love
Chris

slick
02-06-2003, 11:55 AM
What a wonderful tribute! Thank you for sharing! The love you two shared will never end.

Lut: loved the pic of the RB..

slick
max & speckles

Miss Meow
02-06-2003, 02:24 PM
That's a lovely tribute, Tracey. Pepper will be missed by us all.

I will treasure the Christmas card I received with the photos of all three of your babies :)

Cataholic
02-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Tracey,
Sometimes I wonder why our furkids have to live such a shorter life then we do. Maybe because they give soooo much love to us, that they run out earlier? I know your love for Pepper was first in your heart, and he is happy with the others at RB. May these times pass quickly for you, and happier ones will be around the corner.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Johanna

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-06-2003, 09:58 PM
Pepper was such a black beauty!! and your tirbute to him was so lovely. He was one lucky kitty to spend his 5 years with such a wonderful mommy and kitty brothers. And like Gini said.... it is so nice to have pictures of his life... from a spunky 12 week old kitten to a stunning 5 year old cat. I know he is resting in peace and pain free at the RB.... I am sure getting to know our other RB pets and talking about us as much as we talk about them. *HUGS*

Sara

Felicia's Mom
02-07-2003, 09:07 PM
That was a lovely tribute to Pepper. Thank you for sharing it with us.

kimlovescats
02-07-2003, 10:48 PM
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful baby! Rest in peace, lovely Pepper! Run free at Rainbow Bridge!

marysmerrycats
02-08-2003, 12:31 AM
that was a wonderful tribute to Pepper!
how are the other cats, I bet they miss Pepper? when Cookie died, Muffin searched the house and meowed for her.

Lut, I really like that rb pic, where did you finmd it at?

popcornbird
02-08-2003, 04:15 AM
Just a little something for you KAK. I hope it will make you feel better. I'm so sorry about your great loss. :(

http://www.perfectgreetings.com/index.cfm?action=sendcard&card_id=2097&parent_id=387&type_id=1

krazyaboutkatz
02-08-2003, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by marysmerrycats
[B]that was a wonderful tribute to Pepper!
how are the other cats, I bet they miss Pepper? when Cookie died, Muffin searched the house and meowed for her.

Sunny and Storm are acting fairly normal and seem to be quite happy. I can tell that they still seem sad sometimes because they do miss Pepper.
:( If they didn't have each other I know the remaining cat would be searching for Pepper and be in mourning for him. I'm probably going to be getting another young male cat/kitten during the summer. :) Thanks for the e-card Popcornbird, it brought tears to my eyes. I also received a beautiful sympathy card from my vets office yesterday. I've been so fortunate to have so much support during this difficult time in my life. Thanks again everyone. :)